Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

Psykosoul Plus
Format: Audio CD|Change

on January 28, 2017
This is one those artist who should playing on the radio.I loved nearly every song on this cd.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 30, 2008
I'd heard a lot of positive reviews about Sy Smith's albums so as soon as this one became available, I took a chance and purchased it. I'm so glad I did - it's becoming increasingly difficult to find music by ecclectic artists like Sy simply because of how music tends to be classified. Is she "neo-soul", retro-soul, r&b or what?? Well simply put I hear elements of jazz, r&b, funk and soul on the tracks which made it one of the most enjoyable discs I have purchased this year.

The 15-tracks are relatively short so it clocked in at a little over an hour and each track is so different that as a listener I was never bored. Her style is distinct and as the previous reviewer noted fans of Lina, Erykah Badu, Chrisette Michelle and Amel Larrieux will definitely enjoy this set.

My favorite tracks are:

DEEP SLEEP (AXIS REMIX) - perfectly sets the album off

DEEP SLEEP - original track that is sweetly spare & shows off her airy vocals

DISTANCE - a cool jazzy track

TALKING 2 A WALL - love the musical arrangement

DO THINGS - infectious

WELCOME BACK (ALL MY SOULMATES) - love the lyrics & musical arrangement

BROKE MY HEART - notably written by N'Dambi whose equally distinctive vocals back up Sy

If you like discovering ecclectic soulful singers then I'd highly recommend checking Sy out - I can't wait to hear her other albums!
on March 27, 2008
I'm so glad I picked up this CD based on Amazon recommendations. Like another reviewer mentioned, I found it at another site(cdbaby), and for a reasonable price. It was a great purchase.

Sy's voice is beautiful. And she can be compared to Cherokee, Amel, or Lina; just to give you a frame of reference. Sy's style is her own. And her music is wonderful.

Fave tracks:
* Gladly - Lyrics and voicals 2 thumps up!
* Talkin 2 a Wall - LOL, I love this song's lyrics. Go SY!
* Stop Askin
* Distance
* Waiting...Contemplating
* You're the One
* Can't
* Broke My Heart (remake of N'Dambi's song)

If you like N'Dambi, Ledisi, Cherokee, Conya Doss...a smooth, soulful, jazzy feel, then you'll really enjoy this CD. Her other CD, Syberspace Social, is also worth picking up. PLEASE buy this CD!!!

Happy listening!

PS - I told u so ;-)
on April 19, 2009
Sy Smith is one of music's best artist, sy has her own unique style on how she delivers a song. Ms. Psychosoul writes, produces, and arrange her own music. My favorite song on "Psychosoul" is "You Broke My Heart". This song was well written, the production of the music was perfect, the background vocals blended with Sy's voice. This album has a variety of musical styles, such as jazz, rock, old school r&b, and neosoul. Sy's music is unlike what is out there today. "Psychosoul" was the first of three albums that she has out. The other two are called "Syberspace Social" and "Conflict". All three albums are critically acclaimed and each has it own individual merit. She also has a live DVD out called "Sy Smith- Worship at the Temple Bar". The DVD shows you why she is labeled the underground goddess of neosoul and r&b. Sy Smith is an artist that gives you hope that there is still some good music out there.