- File Size: 249 KB
- Print Length: 66 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: May 7, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004ZURLJO
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,747,256 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
The Ptorrigan Lode Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
As a short story it doesn't have much space in which to both create a futuristic world and set up a plot and yet the author Kathryn Lance makes it looks easy.
In a matter of only a few paragraphs the story effortlessly drops you into a world that is alien and yet just relatable enough that you're able to keep up with the strange references.
The story itself is a dark one and you really can't call anyone a hero. The characters are flawed, selfish, manipulative and weak. So, human, pretty much. Their motives are certainly relatable if not very pure.
I feel like we're only getting the tiniest glimpse of the universe this story is set in and that it's one I'd really like to re-visit whether via this protagonist or another one.
A must read story.
Unfortunately, since the chappa unlocked the "other 90% of the brain" and lead to mental aclarity also lead to mindburn during withdrawl and after about a week, death. So Jay, a drugged out musician, is on the brink of death and his desperation leads to him being drawn into a conspiracy to overturn the current drug cartel and bites off more than he can chew.
Political intrigue, mystery, death, and drugs. What more could a sci-fi reader want in a novel? Well, I'm not sure, actually. There's something missing from this novel that I can't quite put my finger on it. It's an enjoyable read and it's definitely worth $3.00 to read, but it wasn't fantastic.
That said, I thought the story was well written, the twists and flashbacks made for a good novella based on revenge. I'd like to read more of this author's work.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Hard Science Fiction
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Hard Science Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera