- File Size: 249 KB
- Print Length: 66 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: May 7, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004ZURLJO
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,578,743 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
The Ptorrigan Lode Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
I guess my only criticism of this story -- a novella? -- is that I wanted more, much more. I didn't want it to end when it did, I was enjoying it too much. Either a sequel or a longer version of the same story -- how about another 1000 pages or so, like "Dune" and its sequels, or the "Foundation" series? The insights and the depth that are revealed in this story are simply worth more detail and more exposure and more development.
MS. LANCE -- GIVE YOUR READERS A SEQUEL ! ! ! OR A PREQUEL ! ! !
Or SOMETHING more. We can't make it on just what you've given us. Our minds are starting to burn (get it?) from the ache of wanting more.
We need more, more, more....
That said, I thought the story was well written, the twists and flashbacks made for a good novella based on revenge. I'd like to read more of this author's work.
I didn't know what to expect on reading a novella, instead I was hooked on this Sci Fi
Tech drama! The short story element kept the suspense level high as the story unfolded.
As the second chapter begins simply entitled "two" it becomes a time lapse devise for every passing chapter
I had forgotten if I was reading a book, watching a movie or starting a ride that the tracks you
are on are hidden from view!
All I can say is than this book is worth the price of admission and I am left wanting more!
If the author chooses to expand on the ground work that this story laid, I would purchase it.
As a short story it doesn't have much space in which to both create a futuristic world and set up a plot and yet the author Kathryn Lance makes it looks easy.
In a matter of only a few paragraphs the story effortlessly drops you into a world that is alien and yet just relatable enough that you're able to keep up with the strange references.
The story itself is a dark one and you really can't call anyone a hero. The characters are flawed, selfish, manipulative and weak. So, human, pretty much. Their motives are certainly relatable if not very pure.
I feel like we're only getting the tiniest glimpse of the universe this story is set in and that it's one I'd really like to re-visit whether via this protagonist or another one.
A must read story.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Hard Science Fiction
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Hard Science Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera