Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,378 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,456 reviews
on October 25, 2016
This is the first of Pentatonix's Christmas recordings. In the three that they have released as of this review, none of the songs repeat from CD to CD.

The vocal harmonies are terrific in these arrangements. My favorites are O Come O Come Emanuel (the harmonies are rich and I love the song), Carol of the Bells (I love the playfulness), and Little Drummer Boy which truly highlights their vocal skills and style. Go Tell It on the Mountain is a terrific finale.

The downside is there are so few recordings on this CD (only eight). I wish there were more, but I understand they weren't yet the huge hit they would become. The flimsy cardboard holder makes me glad that the CD bought through Amazon includes AutoRip so I get to have my CD and travel with it, too. In all honesty, the CD case contains very little information; you could get the digital version and have all the information you need.

Anyone who enjoys Home Free or Peter Hollens should try this recording out. It is an inexpensive introduction to the group. If you like Christmas music, then you should add this for its unique versions of traditional Christmas songs.
on February 3, 2017
I am in LOVE with Pentatonix, and their Christmas music especially. I love Christmas music anyway, and have tons of cds by different artists. However, this past Christmas, after getting three Pentatonix Christmas cds, that was ALL I listened too! PTXmas (Deluxe Edition) only has 8 songs, so it would be better if there were more, but it has some of my absolute favorites!!! Their version of Carol of the Bells and Little Drummer Boy are ahhhhhhhh-mazing!! Sing along, enjoy, and feel the Christmas spirit! I'm already counting down the days until it feels like I can get away with playing this cd again without getting grief from my family!
on December 14, 2014
What can I say that would entice, coax, tempt you to try this Christmas CD. How about listen & you can't help but to feel "Christmas Spirit" seeping into your soul! Listen & you'll want to see Pentatonix in action, because you can't believe these 5 people alone can produce this sound! There just have to be musicians playing somewhere, don't there? Listen & you'll have a hard time answering the question, which song is your favorite, because it will always be the last song you listened to! Oh, and perhaps it's only fair to mention, that at some point you'll realize you just have to hear everything that Pentatonix has recorded, because you're fantasizing about how they will do this or that song. What sound effect can they possibly dream up next? You won't be disappointed, because you'll hear sounds you've never heard before! You will find your self singing along, no matter if you can't carry a tune! You'll find yourself telling others about this "new group" that they just have to listen to!
Why it will be just like I'm doing right now! You know you want to hear them, so go ahead, you deserve it! Give yourself a Christmas gift! You & all those close enough to hear Pentatonix will be saying THANKS! AND, HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
on June 4, 2016
PTXmas (Deluxe Edition) Love this Christmas music! The group is wonderfully talented and the music is awesome. I agree with all the positive reviews. But there is nothing deluxe about this edition. The cd is short - only 8 songs - and it comes in a cardboard cover. I bought 2 of these cd's - one for me and one to give as a gift. I was disappointed that the "Deluxe Edition" was not deluxe, but it was still worth the price for the beautiful music..
on May 6, 2017
Yes I am a fan. This has my favorite Christmas song on it, The Little Drummer Boy. I never new the human body could make music without instruments. These folks are amazing and I hope they continue making this amazing music for us all.
on January 27, 2014
This is the most amazing acapella group I have heard in years! At one time, I did not like some of the Christmas songs on this album until I heard them performed by Pentatonix! Their renditions are amazing! The performer that conducts the beatbox during the songs has a range that is not duplicated by many other people on this earth. Together, this group is amazing! Definitely a must buy for music lovers!
on March 1, 2015
Pentatonix 's harnony is amazing! Particularly their sound effects and how well everything blends together to produce songs that make you question how 5 people could make the beautiful hormones & music they do!! I fell In love with "MARY DID YOU KNOW?" and listened to it again & again. Great CD!
on March 6, 2017
My family and I LOVE this CD. We sang it at the top of our lungs while driving around town during the holiday season.
on December 19, 2012
Pentatonix has created, with this album, an entree that underscores their artistry and brilliance. The group has a unique sound with unbelievable range. The way they mix a song is such a treat, refreshing classics without adulterating what makes it a classic. This is on full display in "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" led by bass Avi. We're not used to hearing Avi lead the group as he's usually the foundation of their harmonies playing a supporting, but indispensable, role. This pairing, however, results in nothing short of a luxurious and engrossing rendition of this gorgeous hymn. The song is dynamic and tender inspiring a visceral response. Be sure to listen with a good set of headphones or premium sound system.

Here's an album with real staying power; I'll come back to this year after year. I’m certain this album will keep calling me long after the holiday season. Every track is worthy of our attention. Best $6 I've ever spent! Like their first album, my only complaint is there aren't enough songs. I suppose it's a quality vs. quantity situation. As long as they keep creating music like this, they'll continue to earn my respect, my money and, most importantly, valuable space on my music device.
on November 24, 2012
This EP (only six songs but what GREAT classic Christmas songs) is a compilation of six classics with a "Pentatonix twist" which allows for those ages 2-90 to enjoy them all over again. This is not the usual, but the unusual in that their professionalism and personality come out in each of these numbers. I am having trouble putting this album down, the melodies and complicated beats give it a refreshing flavor to the usual Christmas songs you hear each Christmas holiday season. I highly recommend this if you want to feel the Christmas spirit while going about all of your preparations for the holidays...................you'll not want to put it down and will want to recommend it to all your friends and relatives too!