Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle for Web.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Public Toilet Design: From Hotels, Bars, Restaurants, Civic Buildings and Businesses Worldwide (Trends in Architecture) Paperback – October 11, 2005
There is a newer edition of this item:
Only 1 left in stock - order soon.
Enhance your purchase
A really well-designed public toilet is a rare and welcome discovery. It adds greatly to the impression made on a building's users -- whether in a restaurant, mall, airport or hotel. And, in the case of public toilets in parks and streets, a clean and aesthetically pleasant public toilet leaves the user with a positive opinion of the city as a whole. For much of the 20th century, "cheap and durable" was the rule. That trend is changing.
Public Toilet Design presents the best projects made in the last two years, worldwide. There are more than 50 public spaces shown, with the "facilities" well integrated into good design.
There are more than 600 full-color photographs. Each project is accompanied by plans and detailed descriptions that show the transformation of the public toilet as its planning, development and construction took shape over the last few years.
- History and evolution of the public toilet
- Places of leisure: restaurants, bars, clubs, malls, gyms, theatres, museums, stadiums
- Commuting spaces: airports, train stations, boats, rest areas
- Public residences: hotels, spas, geriatric residences
- Work areas: banks, offices, public administrations
- Materials and accessories used
- Ergonomics: adaptations of the elderly, handicapped, and diaper-changing stations
Public Toilet Design is for architects, designers, public administrators, restaurant owners and other proprietors of publicly used space -- anyone wanting to give their clients a better impression where it is keenly noticed.
The Amazon Book Review
Book recommendations, author interviews, editors' picks, and more. Read it now.
Edgy loos from around the world. (Sources and Design)
Many of the bathrooms photographed in the book... really are spectacular. (Philip Marchand Toronto Star 2006-01-21)
Brilliantly illustrated presentation of public toilets... combine[s] utility with what is often spectacular design. (Ron Kirbyson Winnipeg Free Press 2005-12-18)
Full-color photos of the world's best loos... makes a good argument that, even when you're in the toilet, the ambience in a place has to carry through to the space. (Vanessa Farquharson CanWest News Service 2005-12-24)
Photos of public bathrooms tricked out... it will remind people that some bathrooms are nicer than your living room. (Jeff Salamon Austin American-Statesman 2005-12-11)
About the Author
Cristina del Valle Schuster is an author whose most recent book examined interior design trends in restaurants and bars.
- ASIN : 1554071194
- Publisher : Firefly Books; First Edition (October 11, 2005)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 288 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9781554071197
- ISBN-13 : 978-1554071197
- Item Weight : 2.3 pounds
- Dimensions : 7.63 x 0.88 x 9.25 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #5,748,356 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #5,966 in Architectural Drafting & Presentation
- #11,298 in Architectural Buildings
- #38,894 in Foreign Language Reference
- Customer Reviews: