- Paperback: 246 pages
- Publisher: 360 Books, LLC; 2 edition (May 1, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0988953544
- ISBN-13: 978-0988953543
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.6 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 15.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 30 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #930,616 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Publish Your First Magazine (Second Edition): A Practical Guide For Wannabe Publishers 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
Have an idea for a magazine but don't know where to start?
Find out everything I learned about the magazine publishing business that enabled me to go directly from idea to newsstand on my first attempt. This quick, easy guide is packed with useful information on how to "Publish Your First Magazine," showing you all the steps I took to wind up with not one, not two, but three distribution deals on the table. I'll not only show you my process but also provide you with the documentation I created and used along the way.
In this new, expanded edition you will learn:
* Magazine business fundamentals
* The necessary start-up costs
* How to brand and design your publication
* How to manage the editorial process
* The different ways a magazine can be monetized
* How to set your ad rates and sell ads
* How to select and work with a printer
* Great sources for content and photography
* How to effectively use social media to connect with your audience
* The legalities of publishing
And much, much more!
Learn in a weekend what took me years to research in this instructional guide that's created for anyone who's contemplating producing a print magazine in today's highly volatile and competitive marketplace.
Try the Kindle edition and experience these great reading features:
Showing 1-8 of 30 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
A quick read, but packed full of amazing knowledge.
Again it's all done for you.
She gives the do's and don'ts for media kits and website design:All which is really helpful when trying to draw revenue from every stream imaginable.
She breaks down every aspect of the the industry to a T. That way you know what you're getting into before you jump in the water.
I highly recommend this book to any new publisher, an existing publisher or one looking to learn to the industry before making a final decision.
Lorraine's website is great too as she response to your questions with answers.
For more information go to […]
Buy this book :-) or you'll be sorry