Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
Puerto Rico the PC game
|Price:||$12.97 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Become a Prospector, Governor, Settler, Trader, Merchant, Builder, and Craftsman
- Solo play versus up to 4 computer player
- 3 levels of artificial intelligence - Beginner, Amateur and Professional
- Multiplayer via hot seat, LAN or internet
- 2D or 3D gameplay
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Once you overcome the Puerto Rico the PC Game's interface, the program's AI opponent is actually pretty good and challenging. The computer (expert AI) opponents win most games. This keeps playing it fun. The only better game is to play the original physical game against several expert friends, but that entails over an hour per game. The PC game takes about 5-10 minutes, so you'll get more practice at it.
Note Bene. This game was written for Windows 98/ME/XP, and have a modest demand for memory and hard drive space. However, you MUST upgrade to the Version 1.2 patch at www.eaglegames.net/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=EGL350 (go to Eaglegames web site, click on the "computer Games" on the left column, then click Puerto Rico the PC Game). Scroll down and click on 'Downloads' tab next to the description tab. Click on the "PuertoRicoUpdate_1.2.zip" link and save the download. Install it.
Without this upgrade, the CD installation will crash immedately after clicking on the icon on Windows 7. The error message is "Puerto Rico.exe has encountered a problem..." and the error report file details--
AppName: puerto.exe AppVer: 22.214.171.124 ModName: oopd3d81.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00003f71
The version 1.2 patch fixes this.--Enjoy.
But it is fun, and if you're addicted to the board game (which is much more satisfying), the PC game is a good way to get a quick fix. The gameplay is faithfully reproduced; it's just not as much fun as playing with other people.
THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS THE BOARD GAME! Long story short: Skip this PC Garbage and stick to the Table Board Game Version. For more details keep reading.
Here are the main differences between both versions:
1. Setting up the Board Game may take a long time, while setup is not necessary on the PC version unless you choose to play with the Game Expansion. I don't find this that much of a problem unless you are the only one left setting up the game.
2. Playing the Board Game version will take between one and two hours. You can play and entire game on the PC version in 15 minutes. I prefer the one hour game interaction with friends... but that's just me.
3. Strategy and game interaction is TOTALLY different between the two versions. Those who believe they can use their online strategy while playing with friends on a table will be terribly surprised when they get creamed by Table Veterans.
4. Playing the PC and Online versions of Puerto Rico is SCRIPTED. And sadly these versions have made many to come to the conclusion that the Board Game version is the same. This PC version has diluted and done more harm than good to this awesome game. The Board Game version is not scripted at all. You HAVE to keep your eye on the game or you WILL lose. Unless you are playing against morons, Ha!
5. Nothing beats hanging out with your friends while playing the Board Game version. Trying to predict their moves and change your strategy accordingly is priceless. You will read that many hate this game because of the unfair advantage to those who start fourth with Corn, etc.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
True to the board game, the AI is very good as well. Graphics are good and the board is easy to understand.Published 19 months ago by Dale C
I bought this item as a gift to someone else. Did not had a chance to try it so is not proper to emit comments on this item.Published on May 8, 2014 by Captain W. Rodriguez
This is a good version of the card game. Kind'a wish the UI was a little better laid out, but it's pretty much like playing the card version of the game!Published on September 3, 2013 by James M.
I tried contacting the manufacturer to no avail. I submitted a request for a refund and am not sure if it has been sone.Published on April 18, 2013 by Joe Koebler
Nice translation of my favorite board game. Multiplayer via LAN will work, but online will not. (Even though it states online on the box.)
The AI is not very good. Read more