Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pulsar Men's PW6001 "Active Sport" Stainless Steel Watch
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on December 9, 2013
This is a very nice watch. It's not real sporty and not real dressy. I would say right in between.
The band is thick and comfortable on me. It's on the large size which I like.

You can see the digital info in the background well. The brighter the light the better the background shows up.
If not use the light which is a blue color.

One thing I don't like about the watch are the white "month day" & "day of week" underlined words.
I know what they mean and the watch would look much better without them.
Other than that it's a solid watch, good looking and I like it very much.
on January 17, 2015
Watch itself is ok, but the strap broke in less then 2 months . Hope to get a replacement strap . Update: few months after strap was broken , one of the 5 buttons broke too, send for repair locally was shown the plastic part within the watch was broken , hence i could not change to mode of the digital part. Not good quality, not well made, will not buy Pulasr again. Claiming warranty would be too costly if you don't live in the U.S
review image
on March 21, 2014
This is a lovely watch that as a hyrid analog-digital does a lot of things well, and a few, not. The watch is VERY large, which seems to be the men's style these days. For a smaller wrist, it looks a little out of place. The time-day-date displays are LCD, which don't have much contrast, even in very bright light. In dim light, use of the backlight button is necessary to read it. So far +/- 1 second over 7 days, so the quartz oscillator seems accurate enough. Seems like a hybrid between a sports and dress watch, but is actually neither. Buttons are large and easy to use for fat-fingered people. I had a Pulsar analog-digital hybrid before for 20 years that was lost in an accident that was much dressier, and was hoping this was more like it than it is. Still, it's a very nice watch.
on May 6, 2014
The watch is beautiful and can be used as a dress watch or casual. It is large which I expected and like. The "light" is perfect for dark rooms like when sleeping. The LCD is difficult to see in most conditions, unless at the right angle with external lighting. I deducted a star for the LCD... Also, it should be noted when I bought the watch Amazon.com said "Ships from and sold by Amazon" (and was Prime). Upon receiving the watch I noticed it was from "Think Fast" and checking Amazon.com it was now showing "Ships from and sold by Think Fast." Additionally, the warranty is now through Think Fast, not the manufacturer....
on May 2, 2014
I have had this watch for about a week now, so far I am impressed. Straight out of the box you can tell that it is a quality build, instructions were clear enough and it took me a couple minutes to calibrate it.

Pros -
This watch is stylish but not in a flashy way and it's not a dress watch or a sports watch, kind of in the middle. This watch is pretty big, it measures 46 mm in diameter (1.81 inches), I don't recommend if you have a small wrist. However my wrist isn't huge (about 7 inches around) and it fits nice on me. I like that this watch is analog-digital, it is also pretty accurate. Features - Month, Date, Day of week, has an alarm, a stopwatch and a blue backlight.

Cons -
It is heavier and thicker than I would like it to be

Overall I really like this watch, it suits my style, goes with my wardrobe, and I got it at almost half price :)
on June 7, 2014
I like the display quite a bit but was very dismayed when swimming with my children that the light button quit working. After about a day it is working again but I buy watches that are water resistant to 100 meters or more for the perceived durability. Not sure what to make of this.
on August 5, 2014
This is a big watch and sits high on the wrist. Therefore , it can get caught on things. But, I love it. The band is rubber and I thought I would sweat too much around it but I don't. it is not hard to set and is like any other digital in this area. The digital read outs are a little difficult to read in full sun and a little turn of the wrist helps a little but placing your body between the sun and the watch helps alot. The alarm is pleasant. It is keeping great time. It is well worth the money in my opinion.
on December 18, 2015
There should be more watches one the market like this for us "little bit older folks", but hardly any watch company targets this audience!
Why is the a good watch for this audience?
1. It is big!
2. Hands easy to see!
3. Has day/date in large number/letters in the background with light for the dark.
4. Very easy to set.
5. Stop watch and alarms are there is you want them.
When you are retired, it is always hard to remember the day and date. Other watches have number/letters so small, it is very hard to read them.
With this watch, you can read them at a glance.
Downsides - Watch band is stiff and uncomfortable - replaced with a 22mm silicone rubber band with clasp. Much more comfortable and easier to put on and secure. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ACOGZW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00
Also install a 33mm crystal protector. This brand is super clear and very easy to install. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BUJ3DHC?keywords=33mm%20watch%20protector&qid=1450480371&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1
on August 20, 2014
Loved the watch but it was not that active in water. The seal failed and allowed water to enter into the dial face, just enough to fog up. Now the time hands are not working. I will see how good the warranty is now.
on November 15, 2014
This watch has a great blend of functionality and looks. Although the watch is fairly large, it is very-well proportioned and looks good on the wrist; and I don't have particularly-large wrists. It takes a little getting used to reading the digital LCD information. Sometimes, you need to adjust the angle of your wrist to catch the light a certain way. However, the nice part is that the LCD blends into the face very well making the digital display almost invisible at a quick glance which makes the watch look much dressier. I personally like the fact that the watch does not have a bezel with numbers on it. I know how to tell time and don't need a bezel with huge numbers to help me. The bezels on most digital-analog watch don't move anyway, making them functionless and simply annoying. Finally, the polyurethane band is a lot more comfortable, and a lot better looking than I expected. I definitely recommend this watch.