Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on January 17, 2015
Watch itself is ok, but the strap broke in less then 2 months . Hope to get a replacement strap . Update: few months after strap was broken , one of the 5 buttons broke too, send for repair locally was shown the plastic part within the watch was broken , hence i could not change to mode of the digital part. Not good quality, not well made, will not buy Pulasr again. Claiming warranty would be too costly if you don't live in the U.S
review image
15 people found this helpful
on December 9, 2013
This is a very nice watch. It's not real sporty and not real dressy. I would say right in between.
The band is thick and comfortable on me. It's on the large size which I like.

You can see the digital info in the background well. The brighter the light the better the background shows up.
If not use the light which is a blue color.

One thing I don't like about the watch are the white "month day" & "day of week" underlined words.
I know what they mean and the watch would look much better without them.
Other than that it's a solid watch, good looking and I like it very much.
17 people found this helpful
on October 9, 2017
I have worn this style/model for several years now and like it, although now on my third it appears to be in stock less and less and I suspect may be nearing the end of its life in market. Pet peeves have been: 1) the short life of the battery to power the analog part (hands) of the watch, that stops working after about 13 to 16 months but I've noted that the digital time & day-date continue working, 2) the band wears in two, usually the half that has the holes, in about the same amount of time as it takes for the analog part of watch to stop working. I have not had the batteries replaced in the two watches not currently working and can't confirm that a bad battery is the problem with the analog hands (the digital portion still works in both, although green-hue light is erratic and sometimes does not come on now). Amazon sells a Sieko and a Sieko look-alike band for replacement that is not quite the same but is the best I can find at about 1/5 to 1/4 the price of a new watch. I'll also add that I've received several compliments and a few inquiries about the watch from folks on the street, and while this is uncommon it has been a nice side note on the watch.
One person found this helpful
on March 10, 2016
I bought this watch last year on April 1, 2015 for 61.99. It looked really cool and everything was working as promised. However, the analog part stopped working three months later, and I stopped using it. I thought it needed a new battery and took it to a Walmart to change the battery. The lady there told me it would be better not to open it and send it back since its guarantee would cover. It sounded like a good idea. I contacted their customer service and sent the watch to be repaired. I received an email from Seiko Service Center that says it would cost me 105 dollars to get this watch fixed. Buying a new watch would cost only 70 dollars!!! Sending the watch cost me 6 dollars, and if I want it back unrepaired I have to pay 12 dollars so this is the customer service response you will receive in case something happens to your watch. Don't be surprised when you find out that the three-year warranty you (think you) receive doesn't actually cover anything other than convincing you to buy the watch.
6 people found this helpful
on March 21, 2014
This is a lovely watch that as a hyrid analog-digital does a lot of things well, and a few, not. The watch is VERY large, which seems to be the men's style these days. For a smaller wrist, it looks a little out of place. The time-day-date displays are LCD, which don't have much contrast, even in very bright light. In dim light, use of the backlight button is necessary to read it. So far +/- 1 second over 7 days, so the quartz oscillator seems accurate enough. Seems like a hybrid between a sports and dress watch, but is actually neither. Buttons are large and easy to use for fat-fingered people. I had a Pulsar analog-digital hybrid before for 20 years that was lost in an accident that was much dressier, and was hoping this was more like it than it is. Still, it's a very nice watch.
10 people found this helpful
on December 18, 2015
There should be more watches one the market like this for us "little bit older folks", but hardly any watch company targets this audience!
Why is the a good watch for this audience?
1. It is big!
2. Hands easy to see!
3. Has day/date in large number/letters in the background with light for the dark.
4. Very easy to set.
5. Stop watch and alarms are there is you want them.
When you are retired, it is always hard to remember the day and date. Other watches have number/letters so small, it is very hard to read them.
With this watch, you can read them at a glance.
Downsides - Watch band is stiff and uncomfortable - replaced with a 22mm silicone rubber band with clasp. Much more comfortable and easier to put on and secure. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ACOGZW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00
Also install a 33mm crystal protector. This brand is super clear and very easy to install. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BUJ3DHC?keywords=33mm%20watch%20protector&qid=1450480371&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1
One person found this helpful
on April 3, 2017
Everyone comments about how cool the watch looks, but it has a few issues. The retainer bands that hold the excess strap in place are too big too hold the band firmly in place. You'll constantly be fighting the rubber strap end poking out as the retainer bands slide down the band
I've had the watch for several years. The analog part stopped working. Replaced both batteries at a watch shop. It took awhile to get it going again. It worked for a few months, now the analog loses time like crazy. It stalls from time to time.
Time for a different watch that looks cool, but also does it job.
3 people found this helpful
on May 6, 2014
The watch is beautiful and can be used as a dress watch or casual. It is large which I expected and like. The "light" is perfect for dark rooms like when sleeping. The LCD is difficult to see in most conditions, unless at the right angle with external lighting. I deducted a star for the LCD... Also, it should be noted when I bought the watch Amazon.com said "Ships from and sold by Amazon" (and was Prime). Upon receiving the watch I noticed it was from "Think Fast" and checking Amazon.com it was now showing "Ships from and sold by Think Fast." Additionally, the warranty is now through Think Fast, not the manufacturer....
5 people found this helpful
on October 31, 2014
Just got the watch, so I can't speak for its durability.

It costs less than $100 and I'd say it's a fair value. In this price range, my expectations are low. You can't expect an heirloom at this price. I expect to get a few years use out of it, then it will be junk. I'll be surprised if it survives to a battery change. The specs say it's water resistant to 300 ft (meters?) -- I would be stunned if this survived in a swimming pool.

The face is very easy to read. If you're getting older and have trouble making out the face of your watch, maybe you can't make out the date, this is your watch. Huge minute markings. The bold yellow second hand is very easy to see and use. Digital numbers are large. Setting the watch is easy. It keeps time adequately. It is large. The face is large, the case is thick. The digital and analog displays are not synced. You hack one then the other. This watch is not an elegant dress watch.

I expect this to be good day-to-day time piece. Utilitarian and easy for an older person, like myself, to use. Not ugly, but not jewelry.

Update: I was right. The watch did not survive its first battery change. The battery died at 13 months. I took it to a shop and they sent it to a specialist to change it. The digital display was not working when I got it back. I looked up the warranty, it's three years! I sent it to the Service Center and they declared it DOA and replaced the watch. I read the included warranty (which I should have done before I took it in for the battery change} battery changes are covered. They took the print out of the Amazon order as proof of purchase.
on July 27, 2015
Nice watch, looks great. The back display can be hard to see. One funny thing about the design is that in the mid 7:00 hour, it looks like the digital display is wrong because the arm of the watch covers the top of the 7 which makes it look like a 1. Took a bit of getting used to.

I think the display and contrast for the arms and such could be better, this is a 5-star watch if the design could be spruced up a bit. I agree with the other reviewer who said that the "DAY OF WEEK" and "MONTH\DATE" text doesn't need to be there.

Update: I've received compliments on this watch from folks who seem surprised that it was a $60 watch I found on amazon. It really is a nice watch.