Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now FFII_gno

• Pulse
  • Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 41 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 93 reviews
on March 26, 2016
One of the scariest films I have ever seen. Much better than the US remake of the same name. It doesn't matter if you need the dialogue in sub titles or not. It is one scary movie.
on February 8, 2017
Pulse is outstanding, intelligent, ghost-in-the-machine sci-fi horror. This movie reminded me more of an art film with existential themes like death, loneliness and responsibility than a horror film. As a horror fan, however, I saw in Pulse the seeds of future films like the Ring, Matrix, It Follows and other great horror and sci-fi films for grown-ups.

Watching this film don't expect to be scared as much as stimulated by an amazing inquiry into what it means to be human and to live for, and among, others.

A cinematic masterpiece.
on September 23, 2017
This is a fantastic movie and the Arrow edition has a ton of features, a nice booklet and attractive packaging including a reversible sleeve. Definitely worth the money for fans of the movie.
on November 14, 2009
I bought this DVD at Amazon. I must say I really enjoyed it. Having watched the american remake, I found the original way better and creepier. It doesn't even seem a horror movie, but more of an art movie, like some kind of scary study on human loneliness. Certain elements of the original source weren't translated well for the american remake, that's why I recommend this film, Kairo, and not the version made by Dimension Pictures. Kairo works as a riveting end-of-the-world parable, slickly done, with a grey, sad atmosphere that permeates the whole picture. Director Kurosawa understands that some times less is more, and not much is shown, but boy is this movie horrifying...There isn't a leading part in this, but a bunch of certain characters trying to figure out what's happening in Tokyo, and then the plague turns epidemic and reaches every corner of the world, as ghosts come back to life through internet and condemn people to their loneliness. This DVD presentation is top notch. You will get a making of, a trailer. Great buy for horror fans.
on June 12, 2015
Once again, the Japanese version is so much better.
on February 6, 2017
While the movie was tamer and more laid back than the U.S. version, it was still very effective. These movies are kind of like a holy grail for me, because I saw Pulse once, a movie rental, and for some reason, forgot completely about it. Then after I saw a couple of movies that were apocalyptic in nature, I started thinking about Pulse, but couldn't remember the title. I think the subject of an unknown invading our space, without our being able to combat it, is a great plot. There are few unknowns to us anymore, so a different dimension portrayed as horror, I really get into. 'Broken' was another film I liked because they were in the dimension of glass mirrors.
on May 4, 2016
This is possibly one of the greatest horror movies of all time.
on April 15, 2011
I first saw Pulse a few months ago while waiting for my parents to come home from the doctor's office. I was flipping through the channels & decided to watch something On Demand & going through the horror movies I saw Pulse & thought it would be interesting to watch. I was so happy that I was right. I ordered it the next day & it arrived within the range specified & I can't stop watching it! The only thing is, you can't fast forward or skip the previews (& there are plenty) & you have to turn the subtitles on. Other than that, I'm happy with the movie. I'd recommend it to everyone looking for a good thriller to watch.
on June 18, 2014
There's a good build up of what is to come within this film. It brings you that creepy feeling without overdoing it or overusing too much of the same. There is a bit of a recurring theme, however, they make changes to said theme to keep the story interesting, as opposed to boring and stale.
on October 11, 2014
Lots of other folks -- especially on ghost movie and J-Horror sites think this is a great film. But it is so dark (literally) I found it hard to tell what is going on most of the time and the CRTs or video screens that are key to the plot are so difficult to see as to render them useless from my POV. Mood was nice and spooky and concept good. Slow moving, with a real B feel to it and marginal acting instead of the elegant terror I've come to appreciate in other Japanese ghost stories.