Pump In Style Advanced - The Metro Bag
- Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breastpump With Metro Bag - Medela 57036.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I also have the medela hand pump, which is great to bring to a quick outing where you can go to the bathroom and pump once and not have to carry the electric pump with you.
TIPS AND TRICKS--I began pumping within days of birth because I knew going back to work within 4 weeks that I didn't want my son to have difficulty taking the milk from a bottle. During my time at home and after I returned to work I figured out a few things:
1. It is very tedious to have to hold the flanges against you for the 15 mins I had to pump every 3 hours, so I found a hands free solution and that is 'Simple Wishes Hands Free Pumping Bustier Bra'. I am able to insert the pumping devices into this bra and read or use the computer, or just be hands free while pumping. It is such a lifesaver that I bought two and I wear them everyday. I found that if I distract myself while pumping that I pump until I am empty rather than giving up just when
2. The flange that comes with the pump is not 'one size fits all'. It is important to have the lactation consultant in the hospital 'fit' you for the right size for your nipple. I had to go up a size, and then I had no trouble getting everything out.
3. Make sure you follow Medela's guidelines to allow the pump to run about 4-5 mins after you detach the bottles to remove the condensation in the tubing, as this will protect your machine and decrease contamination.
4.Read more ›
I want to comment on the Metro bag style in case you are trying to decide between the tote bag vs. the backpack vs. the Metro bag. The Metro bag is working out great for me because:
- The motor is in its own separate bag, so I can leave it and the wall adapter, which are the heaviest items in the bag, at work from Monday to Thursday. I only carry the cooler with the bottles and the ice pack and the pump parts to clean them at home every night. The other two styles don't have this ability.
- I use the included plastic tray everyday as a clean surface to hold all the pump parts while I am assembling them before pumping and to prevent the parts from soiling my desk after pumping.
- The bag comes with nice pouches and pockets to keep the various parts organized. I bought a second set of connectors, valves and membranes so that I don't have to wash them at work and I can carry the two sets in two different pouches that came with the bag.
- The bag is large enough to hold my lunch and snacks, so that I don't have to carry a separate lunch bag. It also holds my hands-free bra, a small lap towel, breast pads and other small items.
A downside of the bag is that the flap indeed does not close securely and the bag slips down the shoulder fairly easily. But if you are a car commuter like me and only need to carry the bag to and fro from your car to home or office then it's not a big deal.
If you commute by public transport and need the bag to close securely or need to bring the motor home each night, then you may be better off with the backpack or tote style.
I am still pumping- I've been exclusively pumping since the birth of my daughter and she is now nine months old. I use this pump now 4x a day, for 15-30 minutes each time. The pump still works perfectly. However, just last week I noticed the strap was coming loose. Today, it became completely detatched from the bag. This is a bit surprising, seeing as it seemed to be manufactured well. I will be calling Medela to see if they will replace it. I will update this review when I do so.
****I received the bag next day mail, no questions, no complaints.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works perfectly. This set comes with a battery pack that allows it to run on batteries. I used the pump running on battery power on vacations and theme parks. Read morePublished 20 days ago by Jennifer S.
Great product, works like a charm and the wife is happy with the performance and speed.Published 22 days ago by Tarek Jamal
I don't have other breast pumps to compare to, but so far it's a winner.
- easy to clean parts and easy to assemble for pumping
- easy to maintain
-... Read more
This pump does its job. It is loud and bulky, but I don't know if that can be avoided. The flanges / milk collection bottles are tippy and I've had my fair share of frustration... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Carla
After using this now for a few months I agree that it is one of the best pumps out there! Do your self a favor and invest in this- and then submit for insurance reimbursement! Read morePublished 6 months ago by AB
Try pump and everything functions well. The bag it came either is useless. You can't put much in it and properly close it and the the strap is so short I cannot wear it across my... Read morePublished 6 months ago by EOLH96913