- Series: Punisher
- Hardcover: 1136 pages
- Publisher: Marvel (September 19, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1302907883
- ISBN-13: 978-1302907884
- Product Dimensions: 7.8 x 2 x 11.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 6.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 23 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #242,824 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Punisher by Garth Ennis Omnibus Hardcover – September 19, 2017
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The artwork is fantastic. Steve Dillon, the artist for the majority of these issues, proves himself an equal partner to Mr. Ennis. His facial expressions and surprising compositional choices are always a revelation. He consistently conveys the physicality of the action, and imbues his scenes with a sense of physical gravity- the characters are really planted on the ground. This is quite rare in "super-hero" comics. The color artists do an exceptional job, as well--the colors are vibrant and practically glow from the pages.
Whether you are Punisher fan or not, this work is absolutely entertaining. Ennis and Dillon make this book a shifting canvas where they depict action, satire, slapstick, pathos, tragedy, and pain, sometimes all at the same time. Not to mention the fact that the book is beautiful and an incredible value. It is utterly enormous and well worth the money. A towering achievement in a superb collected edition.
You are probably much more concerned with the quality of the book. I would give it a solid A-, still 5 stars. As others have noted, it is a sewn binding. This means a few things:
1) It will lie flat. The binding bends, adjusts, and folds seamlessly, unlike a glued binding, which stays flat while the pages adjust instead. While I like the stability of glued bindings during reading, I got used to the sewn quickly.
2) In comics with glued binding, full page spreads and in some instances other art generally extend into the depths of the margin and a quarter-inch or so of art is completly lost to the reader. Because of the sewn binding, every page is fully viewable to the art margin before it even comes close to the center. The result is being able to see a full-page spread as well as you can with a retail comic book lying open.
3) It's probably gonna last a long time. This omnibus is basically exactly at the limit of pages that I feel comfortable saying the binding is going to hold up a long, long time. If this thing had 200 more pages, I would be skeptical - it would be a monster.
One last word, dealing with content.
This book contains the one-shot Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe. I own the entire Ennis Punisher run, including MAX, and must say: This is the best Punisher story ever. When Ennis started the main run, this earlier individual comic was selling at $50-60. The story is simple: Frank's family dies in the middle of a superhero battle instead of a mob shooting, and as a result Frank punishes the heroes of Marvel rather than the criminals of the world. It is worth the price of admission alone.
Most recent customer reviews
Cons: paper quality
I like these stories you get the otherside of the superhero world, its not always pretty sometimes people just need to be...Read more