Pure Enrichment PureRelief Neck and Shoulder Heating Pad (Charcoal Gray) - Fast-Heating Technology with Magnetic Neck Closure, 4 Heat Settings, Moist Heat Therapy Option and Convenient Storage Bag
- CONTOURED FOR NECK & SHOULDERS: Perfectly contoured to drape comfortably around your neck and shoulders
- ULTRA-SOFT MICROMINK: Smooth micromink fibers provide maximum comfort for daily use.
- FAST-HEATING: Heats in seconds to provide fast, temporary pain relief to sore, aching muscles. Heat ranges from 110℉ (warm setting) to 140℉ (high setting).
- MOIST HEAT OPTION: Safely use for moist or dry heat therapy.
- 5 YEAR WARRANTY: Your satisfaction is guaranteed thanks to our industry-leading warranty program.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More to consider from our brands
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
PureRelief Neck and Shoulder Heating Pad
Product Specifications: Size: 14” x 22” | Power: 120V, 60Hz, 55W | Material: Double-sided Micromink | Auto Shut-Off Timer: 120 minutes | 4 Heat Settings
Targeted Pain Relief
It's easy to maintain the proper placement for targeted pain relief thanks to PureRelief's:
- Contoured design
- Weighted edges
- Integrated magnets
Ideal for Cramps Too
Keep the heating pad looking beautiful for years to come - just detach the heat controller to wash.
4 Heat Settings
Adjust the temperature from warm to high plus conserve energy with 2-hour auto shut-off.
Use Moist or Dry
Simply dampen one side to enhance the benefits with penetrating moist heat therapy.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 7 x 3 x 12 inches; 1.9 Pounds
- Date First Available : August 23, 2016
- Manufacturer : Pure Enrichment
- ASIN : B01KVYJJBK
Best Sellers Rank:
#9,789 in Health & Household (See Top 100 in Health & Household)
- #59 in Heating Pads
- Customer Reviews:
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I hoped this heating pad would help relax my mental and physical tension, and boy does it ever. I've always enjoyed using an old-fashioned hot water bottle for the same purpose, but even though I appreciate its old world charm, a water bottle is a lot putzier to get ready, and it's harder to apply the correct temperature to the correct area. So let's discuss why this heating pad is such a game-changer.
1. What are the pros and cons of this particular heating pad?
>> Feel <<
The heating pad is 14" x 22" which is large enough to curl soothingly around your neck and shoulders, without being so large as to become heavy and bulky. It has weighted magnetized edges to encourage it to stay in place and I find the weight adds to the comforting feeling.
I haven't had any problems with it sliding around, in the context of sitting at a desk working or on a couch relaxing. It is flexible enough to contour to your body, in fact, once you've used it a few times, the weights tend to settle in a way that accommodates your body and how it needs to hang for you. The first time I used it, I wasn't overwhelmed by how well it fit me, but after taking the time to make sure I had it positioned right, and using it that way a few times, it became more and more comfortable.
Don't forget that even though it's designed to hang around your shoulders, you can just as easily drape it across your lap like a blanket. It's really got a lot more functionality than just shoulder stress.
The fabric is very soft, and although it is two-tone for extra style, the same nice fabric is used top and bottom.
>> Functionality <<
There is a simple control switch that hangs at the perfect length so you can grab it easily, but it isn't hanging against your body being a nuisance. Basically at arm's reach. It has 4 settings - from warm to high. I find that medium is about as high as I want it, and low is often a good temperature, but high might be more appropriate if you like a lot of heat intensity or are wearing more clothes. It reaches its goal temperature within a handful of seconds and turns off automatically after 2 hours.
It can also be used for moist heat therapy, which is even more effective because it provides deeper penetration of the tissue and elicits a stronger response from temperature receptors. It also has a more rapid effect on the tissue. You can do moist heat therapy simply by dampening one side of the heating pad (e.g. misting it with a spray bottle, or patting it with a damp cloth.)
Amazingly (to me, anyway), this pad is fully machine washable on the gentle cycle, and can even be put in the dryer on low. Technology is amazing.
It also comes with a storage bag, and it has a super small profile once it's all rolled up and packed away, so you don't have to worry about it taking up valuable space in your cupboard (as though you're ever going to put this baby away...)
2. Why Heat Therapy?
It's obvious that heat therapy has an immediate psycho-physiological soothing, comforting effect. Even grasping a hot mug of tea helps me feel less anxious and physically "tensed," but I was uncertain what "science says" about the effectiveness of heating pad devices.
So here's the skinny for fellow-noobs.
The kinds of pain that are most likely to benefit from heat are:
1. soreness from over-exertion
2. osteoarthritis, muscle knots, and cramping
3. "hurts-all-over" pain, caused by various medical conditions, drug side-effects, vitamin D deficiency, and sleep deprivation
It's most effective to use heating pads for 20 minutes, with a 20 minute break, rinse and repeat 3-4 times.
It's NOT good to use heat therapy on an injury with inflammation... that's when you use ice.
3. In Summary.
We live in a stressful world. You should have as many tricks up your sleeve as possible to deal with it. This is a great one.
For those reasons, I gave the PureRelief Neck & Shoulder Heading Pad a try. I am glad I did! It has completely changed and blew my mind. Not only does it wrap securely around my neck and shoulder (which the old heading pad was not large enough to cover) by a magnetic feature, it is made of a very soft, and therefore flexible, material that perfectly shapes and melts onto the neck and shoulder areas, providing the necessary contour. The pad is quick to heat. In fact, I feel it within seconds of turning it on. After two hours of continuous use, it automatically shuts off to prevent burns! I mostly use it directly on the skin (laying it on top of a tank top I am wearing) and I have not had an issue with it being too hot on the Medium setting, for me at least. The High setting, however, is a bit too much on bare skin so I use it with a shirt in between my skin and the device.
Furthermore, the pad is washable, per the instruction on the pad and the Operating Manual. I haven’t had to wash it yet but it has a five year warranty so I am not worried.
In sum, I am totally loving the PureRelief Neck & Shoulder heating pad.
Top reviews from other countries
There is LOTS of good news:
- The heating pad is very well-designed - 'good design esthetic' - and seems to be of very good quality in its materials and construction. Very well packaged, very good explanations of product on box and in inserts, no funny "made cheaply somewhere" smell or packaging. I used it right out of the box and already satisfied, still so a week later.
- The material is very soft and comfortable and overall it is comfortable to wear, just the right weight and feel.
- you can 'dis-assemble' the heating pad and wash it (carefully) - there are detailed instructions for doing so.
- The cord is very sturdy, and quite long: I can plug it in on the opposite side of the bed and there is still plenty of cord.
- The on/off temp switch is also very well designed.
- It has an auto-off switch which works - I have tested it several times.
This is a nearly perfect heating pad, ... and, as other reviewers have already pointed out:
- I wish the collar had a more firm closure to keep it in place around my neck. Perhaps this is for safety reasons given many of us may fall asleep with this on.
- I wish it came in different sizes. I am a woman size 10/12, 5'8" and it is just a little smaller than I would like.
- I wish the 'high' setting were a bit higher/hotter. Probably for safety reasons that it is not: I fall asleep with mine on, and with body weight on top of it likely there is high risk of burning. Maybe there is even safety legislation which regulates the top level temperature ... ?
Overall I highly recommend. One of the better products I have purchased from Amazon. I will look for other products from this manufacturer when needed.
An update on the above: 100% satisfaction with this company! They were very open with quick replies and wanted to keep me happy— they even sent me another pad.
Very comfortable, feels great on neck and shoulders with heat in the neck piece.
It will warm you up and Help make you feel better. Not supper hot, but that is also a good thing. Enjoy
Top rated from our brands
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.