Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Pure McCartney [2 CD]
|Listen Now with Amazon Music|
|Amazon Music Unlimited|
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Pure McCartney is the only comprehensive career collection released of Paul McCartney's solo works (outside of The Beatles) from his 45 year solo career. No material since 1989 has been represented on any compilation album. - The collection was personally curated by Paul McCartney and many tracks have been remastered for this collection.- The Standard Edition includes 12 Top 10 U.S. singles and 39 total tracks
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Language: : English
- Product Dimensions : 5.67 x 4.92 x 0.24 inches; 2.68 Ounces
- Manufacturer : Capitol
- Item model number : 8541706709
- Original Release Date : 2016
- Date First Available : March 31, 2016
- Label : Capitol
- ASIN : B01DN253HG
- Number of discs : 1
- Best Sellers Rank: #15,787 in CDs & Vinyl (See Top 100 in CDs & Vinyl)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Took this collection , I'm a musician, over to a friend's studio, been playing since 1969, had a few others over as well and cranked it up. We still enjoy life as we did in late sixties, and in addition sat and enjoyed a few drinks as well, they most odd and fantastic result was with the playing on the song Mull Of Kintyre. Everyone just joined in on the first chorus as if it were New Years Eve.
The more I listen the more enjoyable. What other direction could Sir Paul go ? I guess to please everyone his next collection of driving music would have to be a 15 cd collection. This 4 cd set shows Paul's diversity and growth as an Icon in music. No regrets at all.
Top reviews from other countries
Right, now for the review of Pure McCartney Deluxe Edition. It comes beautifully presented - it looks like a book and the first few leaves are photographs and a bit of text - the final leaves are where the CD's are stored. It all looks very deluxe and elegant - congratulations to McCartney and his team.
The collection of songs is somewhat eclectic and obviously, with someone like McCartney, it is inevitable that some classics are missed out (he wrote loads after all) and some, erm, less than classics are included. However, one good thing about the selection is that some songs I had written off as they were on garbage albums (Winedark Open Sea, Good Times Coming/Feel The Sun) shine out as they are not dragged down by the rubbish that populates Off The Ground and Press To Play. I love it. I drove for 5 hours in the car and listened to all four disks and didn't get bored or skip any tracks. I would recommend it - even though you'll have all of these tracks elsewhere (probably) this collection will allow you to see the songs in a different light.
Though i suspect because of the price difference this the two-disc version will be the bigger-seller, i myself wish on reflection i'd
invested in the 'deluxe edition' (may still consider doing so despite having bought this)
'Paul McCartney' - what can you say that hasn't already been said ? ...he is quite simply a legendary figure in the music business,
a former 'Beatle' of course, one-half of the prolific song-writing team that brought so much success for them.
I have mentioned before, i myself didn't get hooked on the 'Beatles' until late 1963, and earlier the same year turned down the
chance to see them at a venue some 40 miles away, my friend who i'd seen and continued at that time to see so many of the great-acts
of the day from both sides of the Atlantic had bought 4 tickets convinced i would indeed go, i didn't....and of course lived to regret it -
After the 'Fab-Four' split-up in 1970, following a period of reflection 'Paul' carved out a recording career that continues to this day both
a 'solo' career and in the 70's teaming-up with 'Denny Laine' a former member of 'The Moody Blues' and wife 'Linda' to form 'Wings'
Like many i'm sure i followed both his 'solo' career (long may it continue) and his time fronting 'Wings' (both bringing much success
in both the 'singles' and 'album' charts World-Wide down the years.
This release though not offering any new material reflects many of his popular releases from his time after the 'Beatles' ...obviously many
will have most if not all the material to be found on-board, though i myself consider it a collectable as it combines both 'solo' and 'Wings'
releases, and for enthusiasts / collectors a chance to listen to these favourites from both album and 'single's' releases in unfamiliar
If you can, i'd say buy the 4-disc version it offers so much more -
I will include the track listings for this release and for those of the 'deluxe-version' to make it easy for you to check-out on the one page....
(Most titles have been remastered in recent years)
01. Paul McCartney - Maybe I’m Amazed
02. Paul McCartney, Linda McCartney - Heart Of The Country
03. Paul McCartney, Wings - Jet
04. Wings - Warm And Beautiful
05. Wings - Listen To What The Man Said
06. Paul McCartney, Linda McCartney - Dear Boy
07. Wings - Silly Love Songs
08. Paul McCartney - The Song We Were Singing
09. Paul McCartney, Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
10. Paul McCartney, Linda McCartney - Another Day
11. The Fireman - Sing The Changes
12. Paul McCartney - Jenny Wren
13. Paul McCartney - Save Us
14. Paul McCartney, Wings - Mrs Vandebilt
15. Paul McCartney, Wings - Mull Of Kintyre
16. Wings - Let 'Em In
17. Paul McCartney, Wings - Let Me Roll It
18. Paul McCartney, Wings - Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five
19. Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder - Ebony And Ivory
01. Paul McCartney, Wings - Band on the Run
02. Wings - Arrow Through Me
03. Paul McCartney, Wings - My Love
04. Paul McCartney, Wings - Live And Let Die
05. Paul McCartney - Too Much Rain
06. Wings - Goodnight Tonight
07. Paul McCartney, Michael Jackson - Say Say Say
08. Paul McCartney - My Valentine
09. Paul McCartney - The World Tonight
10. Paul McCartney - Pipes Of Peace
11. Paul McCartney - Dance Tonight
12. Paul McCartney - Here Today
13. Paul McCartney - Wanderlust
14. Paul McCartney - Great Day
15. Paul McCartney - Coming Up
16. Paul McCartney - No More Lonely Nights
17. Paul McCartney - Only Mama Knows
18. Wings - With A Little Luck
19. Paul McCartney - Hope For The Future
20. Paul McCartney - Junk
And the Deluxe-Edition -
Maybe I'm Amazed
Heart of the Country
Warm and Beautiful
Listen to What the Man Said
Silly Love Songs
The Song We're Singing
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
Big Barn Bed
Too Many People
Let Me Roll It
Live and Let Die
Mull of Kintyre
Let 'Em In
Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five
Hi, Hi, Hi
Band On the Run
Sing the Changes
Arrow Through Me
Say Say Say (2015 Remix)
Pipes of Peace
The World Tonight
Ebony and Ivory (2015 Remix)
Here Today (2015 Remix)
Wanderlust (2015 Remix)
Winedark Open Sea
We All Stand Together
Too Much Rain
Good Times Coming/Feel the Sun
With a Little Luck (DJ Edit)
Only Mama Knows
Don't Let It Bring You Down
The Back Seat of My Car
No More Lonely Nights (7" Single Version)
Venus and Mars
Hope for the Future
After listening to pure mc cartney double CD release,I can say a resounding - YES!
The three previous 'best of' releases;wings greatest,all the best and wingspan are all very good to excellent compilations,but as time moves on and Paul makes and records more music,this latest release quite obviously becomes more career spanning and inclusive of more selections - this time by the man himself (with a little help from his team).
From first solo single another day,the amazing uncle albert/admiral halsey(credit:Paul and Linda mc cartney),wings classics;band on the run,let me roll it,beware my love,to the surprise but welcome inclusion of little heard - arrow through me,this collection delights and lifts the spirit of the listener.i.e.ME!
The running order is quite random,not chronological,which I prefer.the inclusion of the awesome sing the changes under the guise of The Fireman;is also a delight.
Other pivotal tracks in Paul's post Beatles career are also included - won't go through them all,would take too long.but I am personally very pleased with all tracks on here.cd 2 ends with junk,back to the start of PM's solo career then (oh the irony).
Complete with glossy booklet and nice photographs' with good info and song credits included;this is a truly wonderful compilation - the best yet - of a Paul Mc Cartney 'solo'career retrospective.
Pure respect (geddit) to Sir Paul Mc cartney for your excellent choices.
( And Vinyl ) But This Two-Disc Set ( From VIRGIN / EMI ) Is My Pick Of All Of Them ( Post Beatles Of Course )
These Outfits Like To " Flood " The Market With Packages Of " Some Here, Some There " Well-Known Recordings By All Four Of The Bugs As Individual Artists Product - So It Is Important To Latch-On To One That Contains Most Your Personal Favorites As By Paul Or George Or John Or " Bongo "...
I Do Own Several Other Releases Of " Paul's Best " Etc, But I'm Really Pleased With This Compilation, Simply Because There Are Several Tracks Included On This Set That Have Previously Been " Split " Over Two Or Three Other Compilations, They Are All Included Here:
For Example = The Track " Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey " Is Not Included In My Other " Best Of " CD
( From APPLE ) But it Is On This Set....
Capitalisation At It's Best - So, For The Money, This One Is A Winner.....