Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pureology Anti-Fade Complex Hydrate Condition, 33.8 Ounce
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

on July 5, 2008
I LOVE the pureology hydrate line. I have been using this personally and selling this to my clients for the past two years, and it is my favorite for most people. The only people I don't recommend this for, are those with ultra healthy, fine hair, as it can weigh your hair down if your hair is too fine.

There are no sulfates, which is HUGE. That means, that it is super gentle, and will not allow your color to fade. If your color does fade while using this, then your hair is too porous and you might consider using a protein treatment every shampoo, for about a week prior to your next coloring. I suggest tried and true, CAT Protein by Redken. Just spray it on, work it around, and allow to sit while you shave your legs, or just relax. It will feel in all of the hole that have been "eaten" out of your hair by bleach, or damage. Finally, continue using pureology and your hair will feel great!

I recommend this for all of my clients with the following hair types:

Naturally Curly
wavy
Permed (please tell me that there are not very many of you out there that still perm)
Highlighted
Heat damaged
Thick
Coarse
dull

Please don't use very much, as it is extremely concentrated. Put a quarter size dollop (or less) in your palm, and emulsify it in your hands, then gently pat it down the top layer of your wet hair. Then start to massage it in, and within a minute, it will start to "melt" through your hair, and soften it. If you have trouble getting it out of the bottle, because it is so thick and concentrated, tip it upside down and tap the bottle against the palm of your hand, and it will all drop to the top, so that you can squeeze it out. Then when you are almost finished with your bottle, add a bit of water to it, and shake it real good, you will then be able to utilize every bit of the product!

Enjoy the invigorating scent! I do have a few clients that don't love the smell of the menthols at first, but am told that it grows on them in time. I also love how it makes my body tingle from the menthols as it rinses from my hair.

This is a must buy for almost all!
11 comment| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2010
I thought that I was getting a good deal, with added convenience. Turns out this product is a fake. It smells similar but not as strong. The true test was the effect on my hair. I've been using it for over a month and my hair has suffered. I have used Pureology for 8 years and I know the wonderful things it does for my hair. Not the case after using this product. To truely test my theory I purchased another bottle of the exact type of Pureology at Ulta and used it today. In ONE day I could immediately tell the difference. Spend and extra $10 and buy your Pureology in a salon where it is guaranteed to be genuine.
44 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2015
Product was a fake, so I returned it. See photos of fake and real Pureology bottles attached. For details regarding "diverted product" see Pureology's website: [...]

If you're looking for a lower price than what you find at a salon, try your local Ulta.
review image review image review image
on January 15, 2010
I love this conditioner by Pureology, leaves my hair silky soft but still with body and most important, keeps my hair coloring from fading. HOWEVER, the bottle I received from Amazon was NOT the real thing. It is cheaper than in the salon, but when you consider how much professional hair coloring is, this is no bargain. My hair color began to fade shortly after starting this bottle and when I looked at the bottle close up, I realized that it was different than the Pureology I buy at the stylist's shop. The labeling was not embossed directly on the bottle but was clear stickers stuck to the bottle. I have never seen this before. Looks very much like the real thing, but after watching my hair lose it's color I tossed it. The fragrance is a little different, too. Will NOT order this item from Amazon again.
on January 14, 2015
I actually adore this product when it's authentic, which this was not. I purchased this from "The Beauty Buy" online, and the conditioner worked nothing like another one I had purchased online form a different retailer. It was a very convincing imposter in terms of how it looked and smelled, but it had zero moisturizing properties. It was like I had conditioned my hair with Dawn. I was really mad about this; so mad, in fact, that I contacted Pureology to let them know that I had inadvertently purchased a "diverted" product. I also implored them to please sell this conditioner on their own website so that we consumers can enjoy the convenience of online ordering without having to worry about receiving a fake.
on February 27, 2016
Let me first say that I LOVE the product itself. Have been a fan of Pureology's Anti-Fade Conditioner for years. It's the ONLY conditioner I use because it smells great and is like a miracle fix for dry hair. BUT according to Pureology, this is a counterfeit item. One hint is that the four-color logo is flat and not raised. Also when I opened the bottle it was not sealed, suggesting that the seller is filling bottles with a diluted product. Also the label is homemade. BE CAREFUL about buying legitimate products on Amazon. This was an expensive lesson.
on September 18, 2015
This was not the real thing, so I had to send it back. Smelled like a poor substitute and the mint was off and did not make your scalp tingle like the real product. Very disappointed and should have known that the price was too good to be true. Beware!
on February 17, 2008
My HG, hands down. I have tons of fine hair, so it's very thick but also fragile. I have to use a heavy duty Elchim dryer if I want my hair to dry in less than an hour, so it gets a lot of heat. It is also color treated, so it can be very dry and hold lots of static. After a recent phase of strightening it every day, my poor hair was fried! And even with all this abuse, the Pureology conditioner still manages to make my hair look healthy and shiny. Unlike other conditioners, it doesn't weigh my hair down, nor does it make it look dull. I love the minty fragrance (it contains peppermint oil) as it makes my hair smell fresh and clean for days. So okay, it IS expensive, but you don't need to use very much of it to obtain amazing results. If you have damaged/frizzy/thick hair, give Pureology a whirl -- it really works!
on August 23, 2008
Like many women, I am very picky about my hair. (I have baby fine highlighted and lowlighted hair, but a lot of it.) I tried the Pureology Hydrate after it was recommended by my colorist who promised it would help my hair retain that fresh from the salon color.

Of all of the pureology lines, the hydrate has the least offending scent. I tried samples of all of the pureology lines, before purchasing the hydrate line and many of the pureology products actually smell terrible, which made it hard to use on a daily basis. However, the hydrate line's conditioner has a minty smell (think aveda's rosemary mint fragrance). I have used this product for the last three months on a daily basis.

After daily use for two weeks, I felt that my hair had a film, a residue. My hair felt like it had an enormous amount of product in it, when I hadn't. I would then have to use a clarifying shampoo such as Bumble and Bumble Sunday Shampoo. When I asked my colorist about the film, she stated it is because the pureology hydrate line is geared for people with seriously damaged hair and is fabulous for healing such damage. She admitted that if your hair is very healthy, then it can be a bit much for daily use.

I gave this conditioner three stars for the following reasons: (1) the residue, and (2) this conditioner is expensive for the what you actually get. If you're willing to pay this, then pay an extra $5 and get the kerastase bain satin.

On the positive side, (1) this product is 100% natural and (2) my color did look fabulous.

Currently, I am using the Redken Color Extend and feel this product works just as well for my color, smells better, and is more reasonably priced.
on January 3, 2007
I have curly hair that is prone to dryness and not much shine. My hair is also highlighted. Double whammy! This product immediately improved the feel and shine of my hair. Styling is so much easier. Only negative is the shape of the bottle. It is awkward, and the flow of the product out of the bottle is not great.