- Paperback: 203 pages
- Publisher: Chosen Books (October 1, 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0800794001
- ISBN-13: 978-0800794002
- Product Dimensions: 5.4 x 0.5 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 13 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,099,318 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Purifying the Prophetic: Breaking Free from the Spirit of Self-Fulfillment Paperback – October 1, 2005
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
The Church's sure foundation: Are we watching it crumble?
The Western Church is slowly slipping away from her biblical moorings, warns prophetic pastor Loren Sandford. And by doing so she is sinking into a culture repelled by the demands of biblical truth.
- Genuine spiritual experience is being displaced by the need for ongoing excitement.
- Selfless life and ministry are shifting into a personal prosperity gospel.
- The prophetic voice too often caters to the perceived needs of the people.
God planned a different culture for His people, explains Sandford, one that lives the message of Jesus and His cross. Join those who embrace a vision for cleansing the prophetic stream; who are rediscovering miracles, healings and demonstrations of power; and who are rebuilding a firm foundation.
About the Author
R. Loren Sandford (M.Div., Fuller Theological Seminary) is senior pastor of New Song Fellowship in Denver, Colorado. He speaks internationally and is a past director of Elijah House, an international ministry of counseling founded by his parents, John and Paula Sandford. An author who has released ten C.D.s of original music, Loren and his wife, Beth, have three grown children and six grand children and live in Thornton, Colorado.
Browse award-winning titles. See more