Beauty Best Books of the Month Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Showing 1-10 of 1,169 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,184 reviews
on January 31, 2016
TIDY CAT LITTER
I have purchased Tidy Cat Liter for the past 10 or so years. I have used other litter but always came back to Tidy Cat. NO MORE. For the past 6 or so months, Tidy Cat has not been the same- it clumps, but into nasty mud balls. It is near impossible to scoop a this stuff. I use to scoop a clump in one try, but now, it takes two or three. The stuff turns to mud now, where it used to be scoopable balls. It also adheres to the liter box and is really difficult to scrape the "mud" off, to the point of the having to completely wash the liter box out! I’m not sure what they have changed, but they need to fix it.
I will be purchasing Arm and Hammer again from now on.
42 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on October 31, 2016
As cat litters, Tidy Cats is a good litter. However I had to give it 3 stars. It's strongly scented. I have a cat who is particular about smell. She would go to the cat box, take a sniff, then proceed to tinkle outside of it due to the smell of this cat litter.. completely defeating the purpose of the litter in the first place. My other cat could careless, he used it with no issues. Needless to say, I tossed this litter out and went with another brands non-scented litter.

The clumps were tight and if your cat is not scent sensitive, will work just fine for you. It a shame that you can't purchase this litter in an unscented version, as the litter itself is good.

Pros:
Clumps well
Great Absorption

Cons:
Strong Scent - Will discourage cats who are sensitive to smell from using the box.

I ended up tossing out one bucket and the other is now relegated to my garage to soak up oil and any drippings from my A/C unit under my car. I will say my garage does smell better than it ever did!
10 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on November 30, 2017
The label says that there's no perfume or additives, but the smell is extremely strong. A strong clean scent that makes me slightly nauseous. I don't love it, but the results with clumping is good and thankfully the cats were using the litterbox. I always purchase Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Litter, but I resorted to this after Precious wasn't stocking up on Amazon. This will be my go-to last resort if the Precious is out. Purina, if you can remove the smell or lighten up the scent, this would be a winner! The price is decent and you can always recycle the cardboard box. Packaging is a mess though. Once you rip the opening, there's no way of closing it for storage. Luckily, I have an empty Purina plastic bin to pour the extra litter in.
|22 comments|Report abuse
on December 19, 2016
Thanks to Purina Tidy Cats Clumping Litter, my cats and I have a new arrangement. I buy the litter, they poop in the litter. I replace the litter, they poop in the replacement litter.

This is vastly better than our old arrangement.
26 people found this helpful
on November 28, 2017
For a 40 lb container of cat litter, this works as good as any.

Normally, i would have used Dr Elsey's Precious Cat Ultra Premium Clumping Cat Litter, 40 pound bag , however the price was temporarily very high, so I just went with something else expecting similar results. Such was the case.

Important points:

- Low dust
- Clumps well
- Traps Odor
- Scoops easily
- Price is right.

Cons? I can't really think of any at this time.
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 14, 2017
I am a pretty picky, neat freak parent to two cats. I am terrified of people walking into my home and smelling “cat.” I have tried multiple kinds of litter, and this is by far my favorite. I am very sensitive to scented products and the dust from most litters causes a slight rash and some itching. This litter does not bother me at all! It is very low dust, the lowest that I have personally been able to find in a clay-based litter. The scent is nice, it’s light and fresh and doesn’t have the “fresh, but still smells like cat litter” smell. It kind of reminds me of Bounce dryer sheets or a carpet refreshing vacuum powder. Fresh and clean, and nom chemical smelling. It does very well with odor control as well, with or without a deodorizing powder. While my cats are both kickers, and litter accumulates on the mat outside the litter box, there is minimal tracking throughout the rest of my home (except for the one and only time I bought the Lightweight Formula, and they tracked it everywhere). The scent does not linger for long, and it doesn’t cling to my fur-babies after they’ve made a trip into the box. It clumps well (especially with regular scooping, so it doesn’t get too built up in certain spots), so scooping and clean up are very easy with little mess. It is also very affordable for the size options and quality compared to other brands. I have tried other brands, including Arm&Hammer, Fresh Step, as well as some non-clay based litters, and this is by far my favorite, even out of all of the Tidy Cat litters. I have been consistently using it for around 3 years now, and have no intentions of switching anytime soon!
3 people found this helpful
TOP 100 REVIEWERon September 5, 2015
This clumping litter is something I have used for well over ten years and recently decided to buy online and have it delivered. This simply works great at absorbing much of the urine smell and poop smell. I have tried while in Asia, various Japanese brands and they didn't work as well as this. I always came back to this, even when abroad where this is much more expensive. Made in USA.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
10 people found this helpful
on January 10, 2018
I’ve tried many others, but none compare to this one in several categories. I have one cat, and this litter is fabulous at controlling odor! I don’t need to use any additional odor controlling products along with the litter. While odor is the primary reason I subscribe, other reasons are clumpability, quantity needed, and easy clean up. I use sifter bags to make cleaning the litter box easier, and with other products, I’ve found they are either too light or don’t clump well so everything falls through the holes and defeats the purpose of using sifter liners, or they are too heavy and nothing sifts through so you have to add a significant amount more litter with each sift. By the time I get to the last liner, it’s time for a complete litter change which is once a week. I throw out any litter remaining purely for sanitary reasons, but, honestly, it’s not really necessary because what’s left is completely without cat urine or poop remnants, and it doesn’t smell. The remaining litter with a few cups of fresh litter could easily be poured into another weeks worth of liners without worrying that it will reek or lose any integrity.
review image
One person found this helpful
on June 22, 2016
I have been using tidy cat for years, but they must have reformulated their product. I have two cat boxes on our ground level floor, one automatic, one normal. The automatic box is exclusively used by one cat in separation from the rest of house, the regular is used by one cat who has to be separated at night, thus much less frequently. In both boxes the urine only loosely clumps, over soaking and causing black, urine soaked clay to remain in the box after scooping. I fully washed down the automatic litter box a week ago, and within 7 days there was a large, sticky, black spot of essentially pee mud caused by the litter. It doesn't absorb the urine at all. I has to scrub and wash down the box again with a hard sponge to get all the mud off of the box. The regular box, which is only scooped once a day/as needed vs every time the cat uses it, built up a full layer of urine mud on the bottom of the box in 2 days.

In our basement boxes we have used tidy cat dual action and are not seeing the same issue. The 24/7 is a joke, and the only reason I gave it two stars is because the smell of the litter is less offensive than the dual action smell.

Don't waste your money. You'll go through 4x as much litter when you have to scrub out the box completely every other day.
on February 27, 2018
The litter is OK all around with clumping and odor control. This litter is pretty dusty, especially when pouring out of the box and shaking excess litter with scooper. A basic, cheap, economical buy but it is dusty and the box sucks... read on...

A major con with this litter is the box. It's terribly awkward to carry and will be heavy for many being 40 pounds. They designed the box to have the top ripped off and to use a scooper/cup to scoop litter out of the box and add to your litter box. Unfortunately, the this is really not a standard approach for many, if anyone, for filling their litter box up. That said, once you have ripped the box open, you cannot pick it up by the handle anymore so are forced to get under it and lift the entire awkwardly sized box up and pour it... Terrible design and not recommended. I will not be buying again...
review imagereview image