Bubble Witch Saga 3 Vehicles Review HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

Purina Tidy Cats 24/7 Performance Cat Litter - (1) 27 lb. Pail
Size: 27 lb. Pail|Style: 24/7 Performance|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$17.72 - $65.95

Showing 1-10 of 1,058 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,087 reviews
on January 31, 2016
TIDY CAT LITTER
I have purchased Tidy Cat Liter for the past 10 or so years. I have used other litter but always came back to Tidy Cat. NO MORE. For the past 6 or so months, Tidy Cat has not been the same- it clumps, but into nasty mud balls. It is near impossible to scoop a this stuff. I use to scoop a clump in one try, but now, it takes two or three. The stuff turns to mud now, where it used to be scoopable balls. It also adheres to the liter box and is really difficult to scrape the "mud" off, to the point of the having to completely wash the liter box out! I’m not sure what they have changed, but they need to fix it.
I will be purchasing Arm and Hammer again from now on.
11 comment| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 27, 2018
I have been using this litter for about 1.5 years now and I love it when I buy the version in the jugs - I don't know what it is but even though it's the exact same name I swear it is different litter between the 40lb box and the 20lb jugs. The jugs get a 5 star and the box a 2 stars which I figured averages to a 3. The litter in the jugs produces little to no dust and is awesome at both clumping and odor protection - I barely noticed a smell AT ALL even if I missed cleaning a couple days. As soon as I switched to the box after amazon stopped carrying the jugs for prime; completely different story - now the litter is super dusty, clumps break apart easily, and odor protection is not too great. Now my cat room that barely smelled the first year smells even though I clean the litter box almost every day, the smell isn't completely terrible but definitely more noticeable compared to before. If you like this brand I suggest sticking with the jugs and buying from somewhere else (I bought mine at target after this).

I have no idea why there is such a big difference as the packaging shouldn't matter for the quality so my conclusion is that the box must be a knockoff and not the real purina brand or else I just got a bad batch in the one box I bought despite never having any issues wit the jugs prior to...
on December 14, 2017
I am a pretty picky, neat freak parent to two cats. I am terrified of people walking into my home and smelling “cat.” I have tried multiple kinds of litter, and this is by far my favorite. I am very sensitive to scented products and the dust from most litters causes a slight rash and some itching. This litter does not bother me at all! It is very low dust, the lowest that I have personally been able to find in a clay-based litter. The scent is nice, it’s light and fresh and doesn’t have the “fresh, but still smells like cat litter” smell. It kind of reminds me of Bounce dryer sheets or a carpet refreshing vacuum powder. Fresh and clean, and nom chemical smelling. It does very well with odor control as well, with or without a deodorizing powder. While my cats are both kickers, and litter accumulates on the mat outside the litter box, there is minimal tracking throughout the rest of my home (except for the one and only time I bought the Lightweight Formula, and they tracked it everywhere). The scent does not linger for long, and it doesn’t cling to my fur-babies after they’ve made a trip into the box. It clumps well (especially with regular scooping, so it doesn’t get too built up in certain spots), so scooping and clean up are very easy with little mess. It is also very affordable for the size options and quality compared to other brands. I have tried other brands, including Arm&Hammer, Fresh Step, as well as some non-clay based litters, and this is by far my favorite, even out of all of the Tidy Cat litters. I have been consistently using it for around 3 years now, and have no intentions of switching anytime soon!
on January 10, 2018
I’ve tried many others, but none compare to this one in several categories. I have one cat, and this litter is fabulous at controlling odor! I don’t need to use any additional odor controlling products along with the litter. While odor is the primary reason I subscribe, other reasons are clumpability, quantity needed, and easy clean up. I use sifter bags to make cleaning the litter box easier, and with other products, I’ve found they are either too light or don’t clump well so everything falls through the holes and defeats the purpose of using sifter liners, or they are too heavy and nothing sifts through so you have to add a significant amount more litter with each sift. By the time I get to the last liner, it’s time for a complete litter change which is once a week. I throw out any litter remaining purely for sanitary reasons, but, honestly, it’s not really necessary because what’s left is completely without cat urine or poop remnants, and it doesn’t smell. The remaining litter with a few cups of fresh litter could easily be poured into another weeks worth of liners without worrying that it will reek or lose any integrity.
review image
on November 28, 2017
For a 40 lb container of cat litter, this works as good as any.

Normally, i would have used Dr Elsey's Precious Cat Ultra Premium Clumping Cat Litter, 40 pound bag , however the price was temporarily very high, so I just went with something else expecting similar results. Such was the case.

Important points:

- Low dust
- Clumps well
- Traps Odor
- Scoops easily
- Price is right.

Cons? I can't really think of any at this time.
on January 30, 2018
My go to when Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Ultra Clumping Cat Litter is not available. It really helps cut down on smell and clumps well. I tried a different litter (HEB brand) and the smell control just doesn't compare to this one or Elsey's.
Tracking is a nightmare, but that's pretty normal with these types of litter.
on January 31, 2016
Works great. It helps eliminate odors. This litter clumps very well too. When I bought it, I thought it was the big containers I buy at the store, but it's actually about 3/4 that size. The container it comes in it very durable. I like to reuse them for other things such as storing cleaning rags out int he garage, putting cat food in and even kids toys like legos. I've also heard of people using them to put their homemade detergent in too. Looking forward to trying that soon. Luckily though, I got it on sale and it was a great price even with it being the size that it is. I was surprised it was delivered in a box. I figured it'd just have a shipping tag slapped on it.
on December 19, 2016
Thanks to Purina Tidy Cats Clumping Litter, my cats and I have a new arrangement. I buy the litter, they poop in the litter. I replace the litter, they poop in the replacement litter.

This is vastly better than our old arrangement.
on January 27, 2018
This is my go-to litter. It works great for my 2 cats. I supplement by sprinkling on some arm and hammer baking soda. The litter is slightly messy, the cats do track it throughout the house but it sweeps up easily. Honestly I bought this on Amazon rather than a physical store because the price was reasonable and I hate carrying super heavy products around a store and to my house (I have a ways to walk from where I park my car to my house). I have shoulder issues so I’m glad I can get it delivered to my front door.
on October 21, 2017
After having multiple cats over the last 40 years, I can honestly say this is the best cat litter I've used. There is little odor and scooping it is quite easy, and there is very little breakage from large clumps. Right now I have seven indoor cats, and one super large litter box, made for bobcats. It is so large that on occasion I'll see two of the cats using the litter box side-by-side with plenty of room left over. I clean the litter box once a day and that's all it needs. The only complaint I have about this litter, and in fact all litters, is that no matter the advertising the all cause large amounts of dust that drifts across the house. There's just no getting around it. It sticks to the ceiling walls and every surface in the house, so get your dust rags ready. Oh, and the price is very reasonable. I would definitely recommend this product any cat owners.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse