|Item Weight||144 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||78 x 16 x 16 inches|
|Item model number||TPB-K-01|
Purple The Bed - King Size Mattress
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- ULTIMATE KING BED - Our king size mattress distributes equalized pressure and supports proper spine alignment. Together, these give you the ultimate sleeping experience for better recovery and relaxation. Your body needs to recover after a long day. Quality sleep is vital to overall health and happiness. Let Purple be your new favorite for incredibly restful sleep and relaxation.
- MOTION ISOLATION - Purple Innovations designed this purple mattress king using sleep science and leading technology to create a special feature called motion isolation. This comfortable king mattress gives proper spine alignment. This king bed mattress equalizes pressure from body weight so you don’t feel movement from others sleeping near you. No more waking up every time someone else moves!
- FREE-FLOW AIR CHANNELS - The Free Air Flow technology with breathable channels neutralizes temperatures and won’t trap heat like memory foam or latex. Our mattress neutralizes temperatures to keep your body perfectly comfortable. The two founding brothers of Purple Innovations have over 30 years combined experience with advanced aerospace technology and cushion design manufacturing expertise.
- ANTIMICROBIAL, NON-TOXIC MATTRESS - Naturally Antimicrobial with no artificial germicides, the materials used also protect against allergens and dust mites. Our patented Hyper-Elastic Polymer™ is FDA-certified for safe use, and our foam has been certified by the CertiPUR-US Certified program, so you can be sure that our materials are completely safe and nontoxic for use by anyone of any age.
- SMART-COMFORT GRIDS - Our high-tech sleep innovation team designs Purple by placing it on top of two layers of CertiPUR-US® Certified polyurethane foam with a smart-comfort grid system which creates walls that either support or fold, depending upon the amount of pressure delivered at any given time. This offers a custom sleep experience for each person.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
- Gentle under your hips and shoulders and supportive under your back, no matter where or how you sleep on the mattress
- Works best with stretchy sheets and mattress protector
- Temperature neutral
- Virtually eliminates pressure spots
- Full 10-Year Limited Warranty
- 100-Night No Pressure Guarantee
- Free shipping to all 48 contiguous states
The Purple Bed - King Size Mattress
One perfect bed, no more morning blues. Purple gives the best of both firm and soft with our pressure-erasing Smart Comfort Grid. Wake up on the right side the World’s First No Pressure mattress.
The Purple Bed is soft where you want it and firm where you need it. It cradles your hips and shoulders so you don’t sleep with uncomfortable pressure-points, and gives you full support for your back so you don’t wake up sore and achy in the morning. Stop compromising between comfort and support—get the best of both worlds with the Purple Bed.
- Both layers of support foam are CertiPUR-US certified
- Soft, stylish, knit all-white cover looks great in any room
- Shipped directly from Purple to you in sturdy packaging with convenient handles to carry into your home
Soft where you want it, firm where you need it - which means you don't have to choose between soft, hard or shiver average.
No pressure - in a store, on your wallet or on your body.
Sleeps temperature neutral - so you don't sleep hot and sweaty or freeze all night long.
King Dimension : 75.5" x 79.5" x 9.5".
Purple is green - all manufacturing product recycled (no waste), no toxic chemicals, all recyclable packaging.
10-year Purple promise warranty.
After more than 20 years of research and development, Purple is proud to bring you the first evolution in sleep technology this century. The Purple bed uses a smart-comfort grid (made of hyper-elastic polymer) that is soft where you want it and a supportive firm where you need it, no matter your body type or what position you sleep in, it cradles your hips and shoulders so you don't sleep with uncomfortable hot-spots and gives full support for your back so you don't wake up sore and achy in the morning. The Purple bed sleeps temperature neutral, which means you won't wake up in a hot, stinky pool of your own sweat. The two specially crafted layers of support foam underneath are made of the highest quality, certipur-US certified polyurethane foam and Purple helps protect the foam in the mattress, saving it from oxidation, breakdown from heat and moisture and premature sinkage, which means your mattress is an investment that will last you for years to come. Purple is green. At Purple we care about the environment and provide a non-toxic, food grade, recyclable and hypoallergenic sleeping experience. Our product is proudly developed and manufactured in the USA. No pressure on your wallet, your time, your body. And definitely no pressure from an ignorant salesman pressuring you to spend thousands of dollars on a mattress you've laid on for less than 5 minutes. Stop compromising between comfort and support, get the best of both worlds with the Purple bed. No pressure - it's Purple.
Compare with similar items
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The reason I decided to write a review though and the reason I decided to give it 4 stars is that while shopping for a mattress I wasn't sure if it was one of those things where they advertise a money back guarantee but the fine print makes it hard to actually get your money. But that was not the case here. We told them we wanted to send it back, a man came to pick it up, and they gave us our money back. All in a few days time.
So while the mattress really wasn't for us, it really was a risk free experiment.
-Using jersey knit sheets
-I am 5'10" and 175lbs
-Primarily a side sleepr
Please pay attention to the other bad reviews for SIDE sleepers. The bed is just too firm. It is hard to explain because when you sit on it or just push on it with your hand it feels very soft and giving, but once you lay on it especially on your side it's a different story. Perhaps I "max" out the purple layer (3 inches) and then end up on hard foam? It's hard to explain but I have been getting numbness in arms and legs as someone else pointed out. I've had it for 2 weeks and plan on giving it 1 more week, bu it's not looking good at all at this point. I will come back and update this if something changes.
As for the raw egg challenge, yes it passed that test but note that eggs are about 3 inches tall? That's exactly how deep the "purple" layer is. What happens when your shoulders or hips need more than 3'? You end up on the harder foam beneath, which i what I believe is happening to me.
Also want to note that my wife is 5'3" and 135 lbs and does not have the same issues I do, but she agrees it has been an overall disappointment, not at all as comfortable as we expected it to be. Perhaps she does not compress all 3 inches of the top layer and that makes it better for her? Not sure.
Update 10/20/2016: Customer service has been very responsive. They got back to me about my issues with the following recommendation: " I recommend what we like to call the "sock dance." For the first couple weeks, pull on some clean socks and walk all around your bed for a few minutes each day. This will help to soften the foam to make the bed even more comfortable and will also help prolong the already awesome lifespan of the foam!"
This did not help at all and I started experiencing very bad soreness in my ribs. I have requested a refund and am returning the bed. Very disappointing.
The bed is comfortable to lay on. It's got a good amount of softness for just hanging out in. However, that's about it. It's just another mattress and it doesn't do anything the commercials claim. I still wake up with back pain. My husband still wakes up with pain. I have noticed no real difference in my sleep patterns on this bed than on any bed before it. I was sorely disappointed.
Maybe it works for some people, but two adults on this bed of different sizes and sleep types and neither of us found any benefit.
Now for the fun part. Purple offers 100 night trial, right?
Not if you buy this off of Amazon. They follow Amazon's return policy. Normally Amazon return policy is great but where exactly am I going to attach a sticker to this thing and drop it off at my local UPS? Yeah.
So I spent $1000 on a bed that is no better than a $500 bed. Buyer be warned, do NOT purchase this from Amazon. I can't speak for Purple's return policy otherwise, but do not buy this from a 3rd party seller and think Purple will honor their 100 nights, the won't.
6 months later I'm going to throw it in the garbage and get something else. It's turned to MUSH, and I wake up with a sore back every morning and toss and turn all night. I weigh 190. I notice if I move around on the bed to find stiffer areas I will sleep ok, but I've run out of places to go.
I'm primarily a side sleeper, which if you look over other reviews people warn that these beds are not good for those, and they're right. Once it wears in it feels like a deflated air mattress. Very disappointing for the money I spent on it.