- File Size: 1889 KB
- Print Length: 274 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 162918683X
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Wolfpack Publishing (April 19, 2017)
- Publication Date: April 19, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B071DG5W1R
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #566,357 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$6.99|
Save $6.00 (86%)
Pursuit Of Glory Kindle Edition
|Length: 274 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Any book that can make my heart race as if I were on on the battleground with these Rough Riders is worthy of a 5 star rating. I truly enjoyed this book and highly recommend it.
It's not the war but the caring exchanges between Jack, Henry, Akers, and First Sergeant Gibbons, that create this truly 5-Star work of historic fiction. Former Indian fighter Akers sums up war's glories with his pre-battle remark that, "Only pretty thing 'bout war is the girls ah wavin' when ya go marchin' by."
Much of what really helped these warriors rise above debilitating fear to do the will of their sometimes egotistical superiors was the timely telling of a not necessarily funny joke and that nagging inner drive to "measure up", to do ones part at every step. It was Jack caring for his friends and they for him. Survival, even heroism, emerged in part from the simple advice (Akers again) to take your fear and "just stuff it in a Prince Albert can closing the lid down real tight."
I couldn't put this book down and will search out other works by this great author. And, sometime in the future, Pursuit Of Glory will be a reread because it's just that good.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Men's Adventure
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > War & Military
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > War
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Men's Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > War & Military
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > War