Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 732 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,064 reviews
on September 1, 2015
The pursuit of happiness is one of my favorite movies that I have seen because it motivated movie for me. However, once I feel down and I am giving up of my future dreams I watch this movie. It show us hoe we should fight to get what we really want to achieve for our future no matter what we lose or who we lose. I think we all should this movie many times and I’m sure that every times we watch it we will feel it’s like the first time. We can see in this movie that when we have really hard time in our life the end will be happy but we shouldn’t give up of what we believe. On the other hand, I think we should also teach our children how they should achieve what they love not what we love as what Will Smith told his son in the movie, it was one of the most motivated part in the movie. Finally, I really wish that all watched this movie and keep watch it over and over and get some lessons of it for our live. ( It's my best movie )
on January 8, 2015
The picture of a father and son huddled together at night in the public bathroom at a subway station should strike a hard blow to any viewer. But at the same time, the image of a father and son sticking together even when it requires sleeping in less-than-ideal circumstances should send a powerful message. And truly, The Pursuit of Happyness sends its message loud and clear.

This is Will Smith at the absolute finest I’ve seen him. I’m sure that acting alongside Jaden helped, but there’s still not a moment that I doubt his love or fear. And he gets a lot of good comedy in between.

I like good emotional stories when they’re told well, and this is a film that has plenty of heart-tugging moments. Not because it’s a sad story, it’s not, but because it is so real. Everything from the performances to the story arc and it’s perfect progression to almost-despair and back is so believable and real that any viewer should easily connect to the film.

This is a film about hard times and good times. It’s a film about losing bets and winning them. A film about never giving up. And most obviously, a film about the love between a father and his son and a man’s absolute refusal to let anything else get in the way.

I guess this is what they call a heartwarming tale, and aside from a bit of language, I enjoyed every minute of it.
on September 12, 2015
I missed this in the theaters when it came out and was delighted to find it on the in-flight entertainment selection on my recent international travel. But -- maybe I was jetlagged and just didn't gauge the time well -- I only saw half the movie before the entertainment was turned off due to our landing! I got home and was DYING to see the rest, and was not disappointed. Of course, great just by the fact that you have Will Smith AND his son, Jaden, and the natural father-son chemistry that's there, and greater yet that it's a true story. Yeah, the tissue was needed. And yeah, Hollywood style happy ending. But you know what? It's a REAL happy ended, that REALLY happened. Very inspiring, something I want to watch with my son to show how hard work and belief can make a difference in your future.
on September 8, 2017
It's hard not to cry through this movie. It is a true story about the hard work and sacrifices to succeed. Will Smith's own real son plays the part of his son in the movie...LOVED IT
VINE VOICEon December 5, 2014
This is a film about personal success and the struggle over obstacles that prevent it. It is the story of many who have overcome adversity through perseverance, hard work and some intelligence to beat a system that sometimes one feels that its only purpose is to prevent one from becoming more. It is not a story unique to Will Smith's character in the film, but one in which reflects how the response to adversity is what really differentiates us as humans. Will's character could have let him accept the excuses for his failures, but refused to accept those excuses and rose above them to realize excuses did not get him anywhere, but that it would be a bit hard for him to get where he wanted to go. Overall a good film with good acting, but sometimes presented small obstacles as insurmountable to avoid alienating its viewers who need the excuses.
on May 12, 2014
I have seen this movie several times & finally got around to ordering a copy for myself. I absolutely LOVE this movie, it is very heart-warming, flows in a very entertaining way & is also based on a true story. By the time Chris Gardner (played by Will Smith) realizes his dream of landing that job as a broker on Wall Street, your heart simply melts with joy for his good fortune. Watching him go through everything along the way makes for a lovely, very human story...and the ending is absolutely wonderful.
I looked him up on the 'Net after I first saw the movie & was happy to see that he has gone on to become so successful.
on March 15, 2013
You cannot dislike this movie. It is an excellent effort and has great acting of both Will Smith and his real-life son, Jaden Smith. It gives us a snapshot of the real story of a man, down and out on his luck, but intelligent enough to seek and succeed at making a better life for him and his son, after his wife leaves them. It's sad, poignant, well-acted and leaves you in the end with a very good feeling in your heart. A good film to watch.
on June 24, 2017
Great DVD - good for watching several times. Reminds us that perseverance gets us through the tough times.
on March 29, 2016
I have played this in school before, and the middle schoolers LOVE it. They are all quiet and riveted, paying close attention---which is very difficult for this age group. It takes something special to shut them ALL up.

There is some swearing, but it doesn't feel "thrown in" for entertainment value. The themes and script are the main focus. There is the f word once. It is when the little 5 year old son asks his dad about the spelling of it as graffiti. Just warn your kids.
on April 17, 2016
A classic! For all those who think every homeless person that they see is a deadbeat bum. Chris worked two jobs, raised a son on his own, all the time trying to do the right thing. And he was HOMELESS!! There are many folks in the world that are a bad illness or missed paycheck or two from being out on the streets. Yes, there are bad homeless folks, and a little"crazy" homeless folks, I know a bunch of people that are crazy and bad living in a nice house in the suburbs.....