Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Push-up Pops
Format: Hardcover|Change

on July 22, 2012
First let me admit I've never heard of push pops, but I do love dessert cookbooks, so I thought I'd give this a try, and I'm thrilled I did.

The pictures are gorgeous and ideas so inspiring. The recipes seem quite simple, many consisting of base cakes which start with a cake mix to which you add ingredients such as instant pudding mix or sour cream and bake. Then it provides a complimentary filling, such as a buttercream, and then explains how to assemble with suggested decorative embellishments. I doubt I'll actually be making any push pops but I love making trifles for office parties and this dessert would easily translate to a party size trifle rather than individual push pops, or to parfait or wine glasses for indivdual desserts. Also, they could just as easily be layered in clear pastic cups and served with a spoon for kid's parties. So what I'm trying to say, if like me, you've never heard of push pops, don't pass up this book, because if you enjoy a layered dessert , and who doesnt, you'll love this book.
2 helpful votes
on March 27, 2014
I bought this book because I thought there would be a lot different of ideas to match cake pops to theme decor of parties. While the book touches on some cool visuals this is more of a disappointing recipe book. Most of the recipes call for store bought cake mix and are no more creative than the ideas on the back of the cake mix box. I could have looked up more ideas online for free but I like books and I was really hoping this one has more ideas and less recipes but if I was going to get a bunch of recipes then i wish they were "homemade" rather than add a box of cake mix.
on February 21, 2015
Seems like the same recipes throughout book. Not anything you couldn't get off of YouTube.
on June 1, 2012
Remember those orange sherbet push-ups from your childhood? Wow, have they changed.
While at Friday Fest in Florida, found the new push-ups. Same container, but filled with yummy fillings and cake. Had to make them...so, off to Amazon and found this great book...so many easy and delicious recipes. Made strawberry shortcake and tiramasu...in a push-up. Wonderful...easy...no mess! MANY recipes to try as is or to adapt...colorful photography...even offers places to get those plastic containers to do it just right. So easy...my granddarlings even helped make them for dinner dessert!
on June 3, 2012
This book is fantastic. Very creative recipes that are very easy to make..and taste amazing. The kids were able to help assemble the treats by easily following the tips , recipes and instructions in the book with me. I plan to use this book all summer, with a different recipe for each cook out and get together. This book will help you put out great looking tasty desserts your guests will be talking about for a long time. Everyone remembers push up pops and these new recipes in the push up pop puts a smile on everyones face. Kids and Adults both love them
on May 20, 2016
Sort of disappointed. Expected more info and better instructions, but it was cute. Pictures were really good. But then seriously, how much can you say about push-ups?
on November 17, 2016
Some good ideas - gonna mess around with some of the ideas
on August 8, 2012
Received a copy of my book August 7th, 2012. I was and am super excited about making these Push-Up Pops. As an event planner this is another clever idea for decorating and entertaining any party. I must say I was skeptical about receiving a "used" book but this book was in perfect condition. I will use this company again and tell others about them too.
on April 24, 2014
I decideed to purchase these afater someon brought push pop miniature cupcakes to a recent church picnic. One of my neighbors has 4 boys and this will give me many ways to nake then snacks over the next few years. A great buy for the money.
on June 14, 2016
These are so much fun! Easy to use & they look amazing all dolled up.