- File Size: 4552 KB
- Print Length: 109 pages
- Publisher: Grabarchuk Puzzles; 2 edition (November 8, 2012)
- Publication Date: November 8, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00A4F50MO
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #834,741 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
100 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
1) Typitoon - what word does this image represent c( _ ) Is it a circle, cup, ear or teapot?
2) Considering a square divided into 9 equal parts like tic-tac-toe, were one to place the "knight" chess piece in any corner which square could it not reach?
3) Your cell phone got scrambled such that the natural order of 123456789*0# has now become 761258943*0# What are the minimum number of moves needed to return it to the proper order (A diagram of your cell phone pad will be helpful here).
Answers below in reverse order (no cheating!)
Very good book and glad I grabbed several others when I did as they do make for a pleasant diversion when I need to take a spell from reading.
3) 6 2) Center 1) cup
Unfortunately, they still managed to stump me...again!
I went through the entire book, and did fairly well this time, but I still got hung up on a few. I love how their puzzles are so simple, yet really make you think about the best way to solve them. And, in my case, too often I overthink the problem and therefore, miss the solution.
Their puzzles are not easy, by any means. They are all challenging for sure. This is my second set of puzzles from the Grabarchuk family. I think I am becoming addicted to these puzzles and cannot wait to get my hands on more of their interactive books.
What makes this series of brain checkers so 'enjoyable' is that they are all in color and demand an interactive approach: you know at the end of the test whether you arrived at the right answer or not. It may be simple to figure out how to use this interactive book, but the 'simplicity' ends there. These are tough tests and require mature concentration form the user. We are living in a time when people congregate at the gyms for workouts, tape cardiotimers to the arms for walking/jogging/running/ and buy into nutritional programs and that is all a step in the right direction: these activities help fight the war on obesity that is threatening national health. But equally important is providing a workout for the brain - the only inexpensive tactics to fend off creeping senility and dare we say Alzheimer's disease? Perhaps the language is too strong and certainly the Grabarchuk Family does not purport such claims. But these games and puzzles are far more than entertaining: these 100 Puzzle Quizzes are Healthy! Grady Harp, November 12
The following are some examples: The first, which has one star, indicating it is the easiest, shows nine arrows, connected to each other, pointing in different directions. Players are asked "In which direction do more arrows aim?" The third, with one star shows six boxes in an unusual arrangement. We are shown four words and asked "which word do the bricks hide?" The ninth puzzle has two stars. It shows four figures of lines and asks "which is the longest one?" See my review of the e-reader review for other examples.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books
- Books > Humor & Entertainment > Puzzles & Games > Puzzles
- Books > Humor & Entertainment > Puzzles & Games > Quizzes
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Humor & Entertainment > Activities, Puzzles & Games > Puzzles
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Humor & Entertainment > Activities, Puzzles & Games > Quizzes