Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Pyle In-Wall / In-Ceiling Dual 8.0'' Enclosed Spea...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 74% off the $188.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Pyle In-Wall / In-Ceiling Dual 8.0'' Enclosed Speaker Systems, 2-Way Flush Mount Stereo Speakers (Pair)
|Price:||$70.01 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- In-Wall / In-Ceiling Systems, 2-Way Stereo Sound Speakers, 400 Watt Peak Power
- 8.0-Inch Long-Throw Woofers, 1-Inch High Temperature Voice Coils, Mounts Flush
- 1-Inch Titanium Dome Tweeters, 4-8 Ohm Impedance, Vented & Enclosed Housing
- Perfect for Custom Installations & Applications, Frequency Response: 50Hz-20kHz
- Overall Dimensions (W x H x D): 10.2'' x 14.4'' x 4.4'', Cut-Out Size: 8.8'' x 13.0'' x 4.0''
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
- Brand Name: Pyle
- Model Number: PDIW87
- Color: White
- Speaker Type: In Ceiling, In Wall
- Speaker Connectivity: Wired
The Pyle enclosed speaker systems delivers stereo sound to any room in your home or office without cluttering floor space. The dual speaker pair feature long-throw woofers that can be used for virtually any in-wall or in-ceiling application. They are perfect for custom installations since they mount flush for a clean and professional look. Additional speaker features include 1-inch titanium dome tweeters, 1-inch high-temperature voice coils, along with an impressive high-power output for full range stereo sound reproduction. Fill the room with high-efficiency audio frequency response rates for rich, dynamic sound performance. The form-fitting speaker design and vented housing enclosures deliver impressive bass response -- with convenient speaker terminals that allow for quick and hassle-free speaker wire connection. Included cut-out template makes installation even easier. Achieve wide-ranged sound performance and add audio to any room with the Pyle In-Wall / In-Ceiling Speaker Systems. Sold as pair.
Top Customer Reviews
First, be very careful when mounting these! If you follow these directions, you should have no problems with mounting, if not, you will probably break every mount and be very angry at your speakers.
1a/3a. OPTIONAL: I highly recommend getting some small washers that fit the screw and are about 3/8 inch diameter. If you are super worried about how these look when installed, you can spray paint your washer black. I didn't, and unless you study the ceiling carefully, you don't notice the silver washers (homemade washers from an old piece of metal I had laying around, drilled with drill press and cut with tin snips).
1b. Unpack the speakers.
2. Get your favorite electric drill or screwdriver (I'm calling it a driver from here on out to avoid confusion).
3b. Remove the screws one at a time and put a washer on the screw.
4. Place the white flip out clamp in it's spot and start threading the screw in with your driver. After it is started, carefully align the flip out clamp so that it can easily be pulled into the track. Continue tightening the screw and watch the clamp carefully so that it does not bind on any edges, if it does bind, stop tightening at once and back up, or it will snap the brittle plastic. You might have to spin the screw back and forth a bit to get it to start down the track. In my experience, once it started down the track, it was able to make it all the way.
5. Once the clamp has been brought down the track by tightening the screw, reverse your driver so that the clamp travels back up the track. Stop as soon as it clears the edge and swings out of the track. Repeat the screwing and unscrewing one more time, being careful to make sure the screw does not bind when you first swing it in place by tightening the screw. Once the clamp has traveled down and up twice, loosen the screw until it once again JUST swings out of the track. If you did it right, the clamp has a small amount of tension on it, and will hold itself in place and not flop in the way when you tilt the speaker.
6. Repeat each step with all the mounts. You can do one speaker at a time, or unbox them all and get it over with. I did each one before I mounted it in the ceiling.
7. Cut your holes using the template as a guide, hook up speaker wires, push speaker into place, and tighten the screw that swings the clamp into place.
8. DON'T OVER-TIGHTEN the screw! If you over tighten, it will break the track guide at the base, which renders the mount point useless. If you didn't choose to install washers, you can easily pull the screw through the opening, which means that the clamp does not work. For me it was easier to use washers and set my drill to a very light clutch setting. Snug is way to tight, what we are going for here is just enough to pull the speaker up to the ceiling, and no further.
I would buy these again.
**If you found this review helpful, please mark it as helpful by clicking "Yes" below.**
As for sound I have been using them, set up for music as I am finishing the basement and they have been working really well so far. Good sound, can turn them up enough to hear even with ear protection on. They seem to sound like I'd expect for speakers that cost more.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I almost put a hammer through these things after installing three of 8.
They sound fine but are a royal pain-in-the-neck to mount.Read more