|Item Weight||2.4 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||11.5 x 5.8 x 3.8 inches|
|Item model number||PLMRMP3B|
|Warranty||One year limited|
|Height (inches)||3.75 inches|
|Width (inches)||6 inches|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.69 shipping
+ Free Shipping
4 Year General Merchandise Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Coverage for mechanical and electrical failures after manufacturer warranty expires
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- Protection when you need it from a name you can trust
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
Pyle Hydra Marine Amplifier - Upgraded Elite Series 800 Watt 4 Channel Micro Amplifier - Waterproof, GAIN Level Controls, RCA Stereo Input, 3.5mm Jack, MP3 & Volume Control (PLMRMP3B)
- PREMIUM 4 CHANNEL AMPLIFIER: Engineered as a 4 Channel marine amplifier that allows high quality stereo reproduction from source. This will power up your speaker and universally compatible with a variety of head units like MP3 and smartphone.
- RCA STEREO INPUT: For an easier use of this hydra marine amplifier, it comes with premium RCA inputs. This also includes a 3.5mm-to-RCA adaptor so you can connect your device and a remote for volume control.
- SHORT PROTECTION: Has a built-in power protection circuitry and soft turn on/off. These are to protect the amp and your vehicle's electrical system from short circuit conditions.
- POWERFUL 800 WATT: This amplifier is powerful with its 800 WATT maximum power supply. Comes with adjustable input GAIN level controls of 2 to 4 Ohm speak. It’s also waterproof marine grade.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Get high quality audio amplification on your boat or other marine vehicle with the Pyle PLMRMP1B. It includes a marine-ready, four-channel power amplifier pushing up to 800 watts, a waterproof poly bag, and a waterproof stereo 3.5mm-to-RCA adaptor for plugging in virtually any audio source, including your iPod or other MP3 player. Also included is a special waterproof bag to keep your equipment safe while listening to your favorite music. The amp is equipped with high and low level inputs, an electronic crossover network, plus power protection circuitry and anti-thump turn-on to keep your equipment secure. The included wired volume control easily mounts to your vehicle’s dashboard and provides an easy way to control your music while at the helm of your vessel. Color: black.
From the Manufacturer
Click here for a larger image
Click here for a larger image
Click here for a larger image
Click here for a larger image
Click here for a larger image
4-Channel Waterproof Marine Amplifier
The Pyle PLMRMP3B is a compact and waterproof 4-Channel Marine Amplifier designed for mounting possibilities in numerous applications and makes it simple to expand the audio system capabilities for your vehicle - perfect for your boat, ATV or RV.
The Hydra Series Amplifier System comes with everything you need to give your sound system a serious boost while providing protection against the elements. Add up to 400 Watt Max power (200 watt power on each of the 2 channels). Create a fitting and truly custom installation with this sound system.
Plug it in
This amplifier kit comes with a waterproof poly bag with 3.5mm jack so you can enjoy playing your favorite audio files from your iPod/MP3 player. The system includes RCA line inputs and the kit comes with a 3.5mm-to-RCA adaptor so you can connect your device. You can also connect standard high and low level inputs from a marine head-unit or car stereo/radio.
Fine-Tune Your Audio
The switches and gain settings are located behind a watertight plug, which also lights up when the amplifier is on. Customize your audio settings and make it sound just the way you want. Make adjustments to:
- Input Level: Set the input sensitivity of the amp. If you are connecting to a LINE level source (typically an RCA type connection) then the switch should be in the LINE (out) position. When connecting to speaker outputs, headphone, or high level car radio sources then set the switch to the SPEAKER position.
- Polarity: This switch allows the user to optimize bass performance in the case that there are more than 1 set of loudspeakers producing bass in the system. Play some music with strong bass content and listen with the switch alternately in the NORMAL and REVERSE position until it can be determined which settings results in more pleasing bass response.
- Gain Control: Adjusts the overall level of the amplifier. When using the amp without volume control, the level should be set to achieve a balance with other loudspeakers in the system. As a rule, you should keep the gain settings as low as possible while still ensuring that the system will reach its full output power.
- Volume Control: Plug for the waterproof remote volume control. When installed, this control will power off the amp when turned all the way down
- RCA Stereo Input: Connect external audio devices like an iPod or just about any other MP3 player.
Built-in mounting brackets and included hardware allow for easy and convenient installation. Attach the amplifier to a compartment or panel with just a few screws.
This amp is equipped with power protection circuitry and soft turn on/off preventing damage to your speaker equipment.
Kit comes with 4-channel waterproof marine amp, iPod/MP3 waterproof 3.5mm stereo to RCA adaptor, remote control for volume gain and waterproof poly bag.
Add Some Power
With any quality marine audio system you will need an amp to power your high powered marine audio system. With the Hydra Series Amplifiers you will have all the power you need to run even the highest rating marine system. All Pyle Hydra amplifiers are specially engineered for marine applications.
- 4 x 100 Watts RMS at 4 Ohms
- 4 x 200 Watts Max at 4 Ohms
- 4 x 300 Watts RMS at 2 Ohms
- Fuse: 10A
- RCA Line Input
- T.H.D: <0.05%
- Soft Turn On/Off
- S/N Ratio: >95dB
- Anti-Thump Turn-On
- 2 Ohms Stereo Stable
- Power Protection Circuitry
- Channel Separation: >65dB
- Volume Gain Remote Control
- Electronic Crossover Network
- Remote Control for Volume Gain
- Adjustable High Low Level Inputs
- Frequency Response: 10Hz - 40kHz
- Dimensions: 6.10'' L x 3.35'' W x 1.38'' H
The Pyle line includes a wealth of products and accessories designed to enrich your media experiences at home and on the go. Start with your home theater, the entertainment center of any modern house. Pyle has projectors, TVs, mounts, and stands, just to get started--all fully equipped with state-of-the-art HD technology and compatible with next-generation devices and video game consoles like Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii, as well as your favorite Blu-ray players, for crisp, hi-res images. Then, upgrade your audio with speakers, receivers, subwoofers, MP3 docks, and so much more! Whether you want to upgrade your entertainment experience at home, at the gym, in your car, or even your boat, Pyle has you covered!
There's plenty more to keep you, your family, and friends entertained in the Pyle line. Accessories for your iPod like bass-expanding mini speakers that run on rechargeable batteries and play your digital music, wherever you go or even waterproof cases that will leave you feeling worry-free. Perfect for the dorm room or sitting by the pool. Of course, Pyle also carries all types of cables and adapters you need for a fully operational setup that's sure to be the envy of your neighbors. Vintage turntables that get the look of yesterday’s classic phonographs with today's high-quality manufacturing standards and technology. Are you always on the move? Treat yourself to some comfort and style with noise-canceling headphones. We can't forget about Pyle's Power amplifiers, horn speakers, and waterproof speakers for your garden. Not to mention, tripods and speaker stands. Pyle Home has it all.
Legal DisclaimerThis product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This Pyle amp was rated as a "best seller" on Amazon. Many of the reviews state clearly this amp comes no where close to actually outputting 800 watts. And I agree 100%. It comes NO WHERE NEAR 800 watts of real output. Still, it did help clean up the maximum sound from my motorcycle fairing mounted system.
I connected my Infinity head unit to the Pyle amp via line level outputs (RCA cables). You can connect via speaker outputs but usually that's a recipe for more line level noise. I had to put the gain at MAXIMUM and used the amp volume controller to turn the amp to MAXIMUM output just to get reasonable volume at any level. I double checked all the input settings and settled on those that gave me maximum output.
Lesson learned: If you're going to buy this amp and plan on connecting to line-level outputs from a head unit, I recommend checking the output level of your head unit. If it's a low amperage output then I strongly suggest a line level amplifier (yes, another thing).
This amp comes with an externally mounted volume control, which puzzles me. I plugged in the volume controller to the amp when I did a "dry run" connection test (see picture of my mounted amp during dry run) and found that ANY volume setting except maximum means CUTTING the output volume from my head unit. My expectations were that minimizing the output of the amp would mean no boost at all, so my head unit output should be the softest volume level. Not so. So no need to mount the amp volume controller, it will always "live" at the maximum setting and never change if you want the amp to actually amplify. I guess the externally mounted volume controller is good for people who maybe plug a non head unit source directly to the amp, like maybe an iPod or XM sat radio receiver?
I am only using two channels (four channels are possible). I know I have two (rear) channels in reserve if I ever mount speakers on the back of my bike in the bags or a trunk, or possibly bi-amp my speakers in the future. Given the less than impressive sound output I may have to experiment with those options.
The sound output from my stereo 6x9s is definitely cleaner with the amp vs that of the head unit alone. I can tell a difference when I'm cranking up the tunes on the highway and need maximum volume. The maximum volume is slightly louder, but not by much; certainly not 8x the output (or 4x or even 2x).
The amp comes with "female" line-level (RCA) inputs (it also comes with speaker level inputs that I did not use). Most head units come with "female" line-level outputs, as did mine. Make sure you have or buy male-to-male RCA connectors or get a short RCA stereo connector cable (I happen to have one in my toolbox). Otherwise you will be scrambling to buy one when your bike is torn apart and laying in pieces on your garage floor and you just want to finish the installation job and get riding.
I'm not sure I'm going to replace this amp any time soon. I can live with it this year. However, if and when I do replace it, I will certainly get a higher QUALITY amp with better reviews of the actual output. But that also means I'm going to spend more than what this amp cost me. If you need a low cost "booster" (a more accurate term for this product) then this may be a good buy for you. If you really want amperage to crank maximum, clean sound volume...keep shopping.
I hope this helps you understand the shortcomings and potential experiences of this product.
Also, It does not light up as the ad says. You never know if the amp is on or off.