Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.95 shipping
Pyle PDIC60 In-Wall / In-Ceiling Dual 6.5-Inch Speaker System, Directable Tweeter, 2-Way, Flush Mount, White (Pair)
|Price:||$38.21 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- In-Wall / In-Ceiling System, 2-Way Stereo Sound Speakers
- Dual 6.5-Inch Speakers, 4-8 Ohm, 1-Inch High Temperature Voice Coil
- Directable 1-Inch Titanium Dome Tweeter, 250 Watts Rated Peak Power
- Mounts Flush on Walls or Ceilings
- Overall Dimensions: 9-Inch Diameter x 2 3/8-Inch Depth, Cut-Out: 7 7/8-Inch x 4 5/8-Inch
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Brand Name: Pyle
- Model Number: PDIC60
- Color: White
- Speaker Type: In Ceiling
- Speaker Amplification Type: Passive
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Pyle PDIC60 In-Wall / In-Ceiling Dual 6.5-Inch Speaker System, Directable Tweeter, 2-Way, Flush Mount, White (Pair)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Output Wattage||250 Watts||150 Watts||150 Watts||130 Watts|
|Frequency Response Curve||65Hz-22kHz||80Hz-20kHz||65 Hz - 28 kHz||35 Hz - 20kHz|
|Impedance||8 Ohm||8 Ohm||4||8 Ohm|
|Dimensions||9.5 inches x 9.5 inches x 8.5 inches||8.5 inches x 9 inches x 8 inches||5 inches x 9 inches x 7 inches||3.5 inches x 12.1 inches x 10.75 inches|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
It is nice for a change to get a good deal on quality sound.
Never installed these before, here is what I learned in the process:
1). To remove metal cover grill: Sit on couch, invert speaker onto lap, swing locking clips toward center, push top of tab to force off metal cover grill while holding speaker just off your lap. POP!
2. Paint metal cover grill and outer plastic flange before installing. I used a small roller (light paint saturation) to match texture of ceiling. Do two coats. Use a big needle or small tack to clear any paint-filled holes. Once painted, they almost disappear into the ceiling.
3. Make a fist sized hole in the center of where you plan to have your speakers and reach in to confirm that you don't hit any rafters or blocking BEFORE you make your larger cut-out. You may be unpleasantly surprised and may need to shift your location, so don't make the big hole until you are sure all is clear. The clip/locking tabs need clearance all around (about 1/2").
4. Paper cut-out template provided is a bit undersized (thank you Pyle for making it sturdy cardboard and pre-cut), they probably imagine self-installers are not so careful. Cut it atleast 1/8" bigger all around.
5. To avoid damage to your finished sheetrock during cut-out operation: use a dremel tool to cut thru the paper layer of the sheetrock completely or do multiple passes with a mat knife.Read more ›
I have put in a lot of in wall speakers over the years and have found that for most people using them for just whole house sound, you don't need the big brands with the big cost. Just buy something like this from a name brand and save yourself some money. You are never cranking the up all the way, just for background music during parties, or working around the house.
The sound is fine for a good 3D video experience and for general music with reasonable base, very good mid-range and reasonable treble. The tweeter angle adjustment is much too limited. They require no floor space so that is a major benefit. I may add a satellite woofer someday.
I once had Altec's Voice of the Theater speakers and these Pyle units do not come close, but at 1$ of Altec's what can you expect.
Installation of 5 ceiling speakers required several hours and generated plaster dust that dispersed everywhere. These speakers require a moderately precise round hole. I used a Dremmel multi-tool with a drywall blade and that worked well. Once the hole is complete, installation is easy.
I was concerned about dirt and dust from the attic collecting on the speaker cones since there is no barrier. I enclosed the backs of the speakers with a soft plastic film before installation to avoid dirt on the cone that would cause distortion. The film must be soft and provide the ability for cone movement without causing air pressure on the back of the cone.
Even so, if I had to add sound to additional rooms, I'd still use these as the sound and price are great.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These were well protected when arrived. I ordered 3 pairs. All parts were included. They were certainly easy to install, like 2 minutes. Read morePublished 4 hours ago by R2yagirl
I just received the speakers so we haven't had time to get them installed. I'm sure they will work great and I can listen to music throughout the house while I am cleaning or... Read morePublished 1 day ago by Sandy M
I bought ten speakers for a pair in 5 rooms in my building. They sound great and were well worth the money. I have $125. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Amazon Customer
We needed some speakers to mount in a drop ceiling at our business. After reading many reviews and lots of googling, we landed on this set by Pyle. Read morePublished 18 days ago by The Newmans
Cheap, easy installation, looks good, works fine... Value for the money. The sound quality is what you'd expect from speakers in the price range.Published 25 days ago by Ahmed Kabsoun
Speakers are very good. Surprisingly good bass and treble for the price. I would definitely recommend these speakers over some of the more expensive alternatives on the market.Published 25 days ago by Stefan Bidigaray