Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Pyle PDIC60 In-Wall / In-Ceiling Dual 6.5-Inch Spe...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 68% off the $108.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
This item, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.
- Unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping
- Instant streaming of over 40,000 movies and TV episodes
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month - with no due dates
- Over a million songs and hundreds of playlists
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.95 shipping
+ $7.99 shipping
Pyle PDIC60 In-Wall / In-Ceiling Dual 6.5-Inch Speaker System, Directable Tweeter, 2-Way, Flush Mount, White (Pair)
|You Save:||$2.38 (6%)|
- In-Wall / In-Ceiling System, 2-Way Stereo Sound Speakers
- Dual 6.5-Inch Speakers, 4-8 Ohm, 1-Inch High Temperature Voice Coil
- Directable 1-Inch Titanium Dome Tweeter, 250 Watts Rated Peak Power
- Mounts Flush on Walls or Ceilings
- Overall Dimensions: 9-Inch Diameter x 2 3/8-Inch Depth, Cut-Out: 7 7/8-Inch x 4 5/8-Inch
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: Pyle
- Model Number: PDIC60
- Color: White
- Speaker Type: In Ceiling
- Speaker Amplification Type: Passive
Top Customer Reviews
It is nice for a change to get a good deal on quality sound.
I have put in a lot of in wall speakers over the years and have found that for most people using them for just whole house sound, you don't need the big brands with the big cost. Just buy something like this from a name brand and save yourself some money. You are never cranking the up all the way, just for background music during parties, or working around the house.
Never installed these before, here is what I learned in the process:
1). To remove metal cover grill: Sit on couch, invert speaker onto lap, swing locking clips toward center, push top of tab to force off metal cover grill while holding speaker just off your lap. POP!
2. Paint metal cover grill and outer plastic flange before installing. I used a small roller (light paint saturation) to match texture of ceiling. Do two coats. Use a big needle or small tack to clear any paint-filled holes. Once painted, they almost disappear into the ceiling.
3. Make a fist sized hole in the center of where you plan to have your speakers and reach in to confirm that you don't hit any rafters or blocking BEFORE you make your larger cut-out. You may be unpleasantly surprised and may need to shift your location, so don't make the big hole until you are sure all is clear. The clip/locking tabs need clearance all around (about 1/2").
4. Paper cut-out template provided is a bit undersized (thank you Pyle for making it sturdy cardboard and pre-cut), they probably imagine self-installers are not so careful. Cut it atleast 1/8" bigger all around.
5. To avoid damage to your finished sheetrock during cut-out operation: use a dremel tool to cut thru the paper layer of the sheetrock completely or do multiple passes with a mat knife.Read more ›
The sound is fine for a good 3D video experience and for general music with reasonable base, very good mid-range and reasonable treble. The tweeter angle adjustment is much too limited. They require no floor space so that is a major benefit. I may add a satellite woofer someday.
I once had Altec's Voice of the Theater speakers and these Pyle units do not come close, but at 1$ of Altec's what can you expect.
Installation of 5 ceiling speakers required several hours and generated plaster dust that dispersed everywhere. These speakers require a moderately precise round hole. I used a Dremmel multi-tool with a drywall blade and that worked well. Once the hole is complete, installation is easy.
I was concerned about dirt and dust from the attic collecting on the speaker cones since there is no barrier. I enclosed the backs of the speakers with a soft plastic film before installation to avoid dirt on the cone that would cause distortion. The film must be soft and provide the ability for cone movement without causing air pressure on the back of the cone.
i used my cordless drill to tighten the speakers to the ceiling, go slow and not too tight because grill will not fit back in
these are not bose by any means but i was blown away by the quality for the price, 2 for $36, i was able to give my living room a super clean surround system for well under $100, i would and will buy these agian!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Overall I do like them. They sound really good.
They are mounted in my basement ceiling and when I watch a movie vibrations can felt REALLY good from the main floor. Read more
These speakers are awesome. I was looking for some speakers to install in the ceiling of my kitchen to listen to Pandora etc.. Read morePublished 22 days ago by kc2pxp
we purchased this for our brand new home. We consulted with a few friend who recommended many different brands/models, so after realizing the amount of options we had, we decided... Read morePublished 23 days ago by Elina
Good for the price, got these and installed them in about an hour, along with the pyle Bluetooth in wall receiver. Read morePublished 26 days ago by P. Van Fleet
I am a big audio/video kind of person, and have owned more speakers than I could count.
These defiantly are not high end speakers, but they are good enough for how I use... Read more