Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Pyle PDIW55 5.25- Inch In-Wall / In-Ceiling Stereo..." and save 70% off the $93.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Pyle PDIW55 5.25- Inch In-Wall / In-Ceiling Stereo Speakers, 2-Way, Flush Mount, White (Pair)
- In-Wall / In-Ceiling System - 2-Way Stereo Sound Speakers
- 5-1/4'' Midbass Speaker - 1'' High Temperature Voice Coil
- 1/2'' Polymer Dome Tweeter - 150 Watts Rated Peak Power - Includes (2) Speakers
- Flush Mount System - Frequency Response: 80Hz - 20kHz - 4 - 8 Ohm Impedance
- Cut-Out Size:(W x H x D): 6 5/8'' x 10 1/8'' x 2 3/4'' - Overall Size: 7 5/8'' x 11 1/4'' x 2 3/4''
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Pyle PDIW55 5.25- Inch In-Wall / In-Ceiling Stereo Speakers, 2-Way, Flush Mount, White (Pair)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||The High Definition Store|
|Built-In Media||—||Speaker, Installation Template, User Manual||Rc85I Speakers (Pair), 2-Grilles, Cardboard Template, Owner's Manual, Registration Card||home speakers/audio|
|Size||5.25''||6.5-Inch In-Wall||8 Inch||—|
|Speaker Type||In Ceiling, In Wall||Surround||Surround; Wall Mount; Ceiling||In-Wall|
The Pyle Pro PDIW55 two-way in-wall speaker system delivers stereo sound to any room in your home or office without cluttering floor space. Each unit in the pair features a 5.25” mid bass speaker, equipped with a 1” high temperature voice coil and 1/2” direct able polymer dome tweeter for a full, rich sound. These speakers pump out up to 150 watts max, achieving a frequency response of 80 Hz to 20 kHz. Sold as a pair.
Top customer reviews
There are a few things to keep in mind if you opt to buy a set of these.
1) The speakers come assembled as they will be after you have mounted them in the wall; So you have to dis-assemble them before you can mount them. Removing the grill, and remove the speakers from the mounting bracket by removing the six small screws that holds them together. You have to do this in order to actually use the mounting system.
2) Instead of traditional speaker connections like you find on floor speakers, they have male quick connect spade terminals, so you can either pick up a pack of the female crimp on ends at your local Radio Shack or AutoZone, or you can solder your wires directly on the terminals. I opted to solder mine on for the best possible connection.
3) If you want to paint your speaker grill and mounting bracket a different color than white you can easily do that before you mount them. I recommend spray paint that is safe to use on metals and plastics. My second set is nice dark gray now.
Probably the most important question with speakers is how do they sound? Well, these do not sound amazing but they did sound better than I expected once I had them installed. From what I remember, there is not crossover on the "woofer" and just a resister to cross over the tweeter. The low end was rather punchy and a little deeper than I expected. The high end is not all that great but serviceable. The tweeter is a little subdued and isn't exactly what I would call crisp BUT still way better than expected. Remember, in this price range, typically you don't even get a tweeter but just a dual-voice "full range" driver. Their sensitivity is rated at 87db but they seem a little worse like maybe 85db but that could either vary depending on installation or just my tainted review based on my mains being very sensitive.
I installed these as rear speakers in my surround system and they work marvelously in that capacity. They would also be sufficient for casual listening or mood music at a party etc. I had to give 5 stars not because they are 5 star speakers but because they are 5 star speakers in this price range.
Not a bad speaker for the price but the product description is not accurate.