- Brand Name: Pyle
- Model Number: PDIW55
- Color: White
- Speaker Type: In Ceiling, In Wall
- Speaker Amplification Type: Passive
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Pyle PDIW55 5.25- Inch In-Wall / In-Ceiling Stereo Speakers, 2-Way, Flush Mount, White (Pair)
|Price:||$47.61 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- In-Wall / In-Ceiling System - 2-Way Stereo Sound Speakers
- 5-1/4'' Midbass Speaker - 1'' High Temperature Voice Coil
- 1/2'' Polymer Dome Tweeter - 150 Watts Rated Peak Power - Includes (2) Speakers
- Flush Mount System - Frequency Response: 80Hz - 20kHz - 4 - 8 Ohm Impedance
- Cut-Out Size:(W x H x D): 6 5/8'' x 10 1/8'' x 2 3/4'' - Overall Size: 7 5/8'' x 11 1/4'' x 2 3/4''
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Pyle PDIW55 5.25- Inch In-Wall / In-Ceiling Stereo Speakers, 2-Way, Flush Mount, White (Pair)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Micca Distributor|
|Output Wattage||150 Watts||250 Watts||100 Watts||80 Watts|
|Frequency Response Curve||25Hz-20kHz||65Hz-22kHz||60Hz-20kHz||50 Hz - 20,000 Hz|
|Impedance||8 Ohm||8 Ohm||8 Ohm||8 Ohm|
|Dimensions||7 inches x 11 inches x 8 inches||9.5 inches x 9.5 inches x 8.5 inches||10.6 inches x 7 inches x 3.7 inches||12 inches x 3 inches x 8.6 inches|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
There are a few things to keep in mind if you opt to buy a set of these.
1) The speakers come assembled as they will be after you have mounted them in the wall; So you have to dis-assemble them before you can mount them. Removing the grill, and remove the speakers from the mounting bracket by removing the six small screws that holds them together. You have to do this in order to actually use the mounting system.
2) Instead of traditional speaker connections like you find on floor speakers, they have male quick connect spade terminals, so you can either pick up a pack of the female crimp on ends at your local Radio Shack or AutoZone, or you can solder your wires directly on the terminals. I opted to solder mine on for the best possible connection.
3) If you want to paint your speaker grill and mounting bracket a different color than white you can easily do that before you mount them. I recommend spray paint that is safe to use on metals and plastics. My second set is nice dark gray now.
now, I'll beak this down to a pros and cons list just to make this clearer.
*Very inexpensive. I paid under $10 per speaker
*they came undamaged
*housings and speakers appear to have been manufactured pretty well.
*they look nice
*they are 'name brand'
*tweeters are decent size
*woofer basket looks stamped, which is good
*very full low range for a 5.25" speaker
*for ambient music, these are absolutely as much as you'll need.
*as others have said, these speakers don't have spring binding posts or even spring clips, they are soldered terminals you'll have to wind wire around to get a contact (or solder)
*that white thing in the picture is a hole for a tweeter adjustment on a higher end model, not used here.
*the installation of this speaker is uncommon in that you have to pull out the metal grate, pull the 6 screws attaching the speaker plate(black) to the speaker housing (white) and then tighten the housing screws with dog ear clips, then re-assemble versus having screw heads right on the face of the speaker to actuate the dog-ears.
*dog ears are poorly designed, but that's not really a complaint -- they worked just fine and they installed without much hassle.
*the speakers are high and low heavy with little mid range. to most, these sound like BOSE or equivalent (bass heavy)
to sum up, they're cheap, well made, and sound pretty good.Read more ›
Overall, I'm happy with them.
Probably the most important question with speakers is how do they sound? Well, these do not sound amazing but they did sound better than I expected once I had them installed. From what I remember, there is not crossover on the "woofer" and just a resister to cross over the tweeter. The low end was rather punchy and a little deeper than I expected. The high end is not all that great but serviceable. The tweeter is a little subdued and isn't exactly what I would call crisp BUT still way better than expected. Remember, in this price range, typically you don't even get a tweeter but just a dual-voice "full range" driver. Their sensitivity is rated at 87db but they seem a little worse like maybe 85db but that could either vary depending on installation or just my tainted review based on my mains being very sensitive.
I installed these as rear speakers in my surround system and they work marvelously in that capacity. They would also be sufficient for casual listening or mood music at a party etc. I had to give 5 stars not because they are 5 star speakers but because they are 5 star speakers in this price range.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Easy installation, mine came with quick connections as some stated they didn't come with anything but wire. Read morePublished 26 days ago by Theaterguy33
I had them installed on our front and back porches and they sound great.Published 1 month ago by K. Ford
They're great for the price, bought 3 pair's for a 7.1 system and sound pretty good. Used them for the Left and Right channel and the two sets of Surround Sound (back left, back... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Tina Richardson
These are excellent speakers for the price. They have held up very well. They produce great sound! These speakers were very easy to assemble.Published 2 months ago by damageless
I use these speakers for my rear surround sound speakers and they both look great but are incredibly easy to install! Read morePublished 4 months ago by Brandon Bain