Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Kidz Bop All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

Pyle PLG6C 6.5-Inch 400-Watt 2-Way Custom Component System
Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

VINE VOICEon November 28, 2016
... as I've already had to request a replacement as one of the crossovers and tweeters stopped working. This is not an overall bad set and I'll likely up my rating after further longevity testing. They do sound good behind a 400 Watt amp, far better than the stock setup in my '02 Highlander. Hopefully my issue was a fluke as this is a great value.
on January 1, 2018
Here is the deal the tweeters are garbage! Modified my car to fit them in clean. Took it for a test drive 3/4 full volume and they blew. Mids are a step up from normal factory. For the price just buy something else.
on May 6, 2017
Thank you. Delivery in estimated time the package arrived in excellent condition and working excellently and is just what you order. I recommend it 100%
on April 6, 2015
I am driving these with a JVC headunit. When listening to the "flat" eq setting the sound quality is noticeable. ....when I went into the Pro eq settings on my headunit the sound quality difference is amazing versus the oem speakers in my Nissan Cube. The crossovers work well and truly separate the channels to the proper speakers.
on July 4, 2017
For the price it's okay. One tweeter simply didn't work. I still installed the other tweeter, but the sound didn't match with one Pyle and one stock so I kept the stock tweeters in. I still feel i upgraded my overall sound with the crossovers and woofers vs the original junk in the doors of my HHR.
on September 5, 2017
These aren't to bad. They tend to break up a bit when turned all the way up. For the price point they are good though.
on October 23, 2017
I'm not a radio head, but can recognize good sounds and reasonable price a mile away. Installed in minutes.
on December 31, 2011
I am pleased to say that I am really happy with this woofer set. I found that this was a great price for a set of woofers, tweeters and crossovers, and even though I was a little skeptical of their quality at first, they are sounding amazing. The only thing that bothers me is that the tweeters sound very crackly and do not fair well at high volumes. They also sound a bit staticy and I cannot seem to isolate another source for the problem other than the tweeters themselves. I recommend that you order a separate set of 4-Ohm tweeters along with this set. A price of $35 is still a bargain for the two woofers and crossovers however.

Some other things:
-The mounting holes on one of my woofers were offset by ~7 degrees or so, making the woofer look twisted in its mounting frame. I fixed this however by drilling new holes so that it looked right.

-Came with a nice set of wires with sockets for connecting the speakers to the crossover. The wire is copper but only around 22 gauge. It would probably heat up if you were using high amperage to push 400 watts, but you shouldn't run speakers to their ratings anyway, as you risk blowing them out.

-Also came with all the mounting screws and stuff for mounting the crossovers and the woofers. I'm still trying to figure out how to correctly mount the tweeters however. There were some strange copper pieces that I suspect were for this purpose, but I just cut holes that snugly fit the tweeters and press-fit them in.

-The tweeters swivel around in a sort of ball socket, so you can direct the sound in any way you like. I found this annoying and just glued them in one place, but i'm sure if you overlook the quality of the tweeters sound, this could be useful.

So basically to sum it all up, the price is great, and the quality of the woofers and crossovers is very good, but order a separate set of tweeters because they sound bad.
on March 23, 2015
So to start with I was selling my truck and did not want to leave my Focal speakers in it. I got these for a cheap replacement as with the pyle 240 watt amp to replace my Rockford Fosgate. The speakers sounded better than I had thought they would. But they are not by any means Focal and seemed to be built pretty well. Given I also had sound dampening on my doors. They would most likely be better than any stock speakers that are not from a premium sound system, ie (Bose). Install was easy and came with all parts needed and fast shipping. Even had a couple different ways you could mount the tweeter if needed.
on April 14, 2017
Too much Music for the money. If I bought another set the neighbors would move out