Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Fergie PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 159 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 169 reviews
on March 8, 2013
The amazon description, and the box of the product states "handles 100 watts per channel".
This is peak output watts (meaningless).
Amplifiers are rated at continuos watts or watts R.M.S.
Page 6 of the included manual: audio power hanling 50 watts (R.M.S.)/ch.

There is no information in the manual as to what the "protection" button does.
It does not correct the impedance load for multipal speakers used together.
If you play more than one set of speakers at a time, the impedance drops.
1 pair 8 ohms
2 pair 4 ohms
3 pair 3.1 ohms
4 pair 2.4 ohms
(page 5 of pyle manual)
on January 31, 2015
Sturdy, positive action on the buttons. The buttons are in when selected and out when not so at a glance you can tell what is selected. My older box the buttons would click when switched but the button would remain out. You would have to go from room to room to tell what was on.
The connectors on the rear are OK when using 14 AWG wire as the wire just fits. 12 AWG wire is out of the question. The issues with the manual and no description of the function of the protection button are covered in other reviews. The protection button puts about 3 ohm in series with the amplifier's red input so even if the speakers totaled 0 ohms (a short) the amplifier will see 3 ohms minimum.
NOTE: When all of the buttons are out (nothing selected) the amplifier sees an open. Some amplifiers, especially if the volume is cranked up, may be damaged if driven hard without a load. It is best to turn down the volume before switching or at least avoid nothing selected. As an example select B before deselecting A.
on September 12, 2012
This is not a high end, powered speaker driver for the super picky audiofile. But it does exactly what I wanted it for. I have a sunroom with four speakers mounted in the four corners of the room and two outdoor speakers mounted on the outside wall for the pool area. All this is driven by a compact stereo unit with an iPod player. The original stereo unit only had outputs for two speakers. Now I have outputs for up to 8 speakers, 6 of which I am using. The best part is the ability to selectively switch each set of speakers on or off. I can play movies on my widescreen and pump the sound through my four indoor speakers and turn off the outside speakers so I am not broadcasting what I am watching outside. Or I can turn off the indoor speakers and pump music through my two outdoor speakers to get maximum output during pool parties. Just what I was looking for -- and the price is excellent! Good buy.
on January 10, 2011
This is a great unit. For the past year my stereo speakers on the Patio/Pool area we cutting out when the amplifier was at less than ½ volume. This was extremely annoying since the volume from the speakers was not very loud. I am running heavy gauge wire and everything is dry and protected from the outside elements other than the humidity. After using the Pyle speaker selector and having since added a third set of speakers, I can now turn the volume to full capacity without the speakers shutting off. (Obliviously there is distortion at that level and do not actually run them that high) Problem solved and for less than $35.00.

Only one small complaint: I wish the inputs in the speaker selector would accept larger diameter wire. I am using 16 gauge and it's a pretty tight fit. I would prefer to use 12 or 14 gauge for the longer runs but I don't think they will fit.
on October 5, 2015
Works fine. Not real robust, but adequate. The limiting factor in the gage of wire you can use is the size of the holes in the plastic cover over the wire ports. So, the first thing I did was to drill out the squarish holes to make larger round holes. I actually got #12 AWG stranded wire into the terminals and clamped down. (Of course, the larger the wire you use, the better your power transfer to your speakers, especially over longer runs). The price is much lower than many similar units I've seen, that are not much better. Don't make the mistake of buying super-premium speakers, and then running thin 18- or 20-gage "speaker" wire to them. My stereo sounds great in all locations.
on December 20, 2011
I needed a very compact unit for a kitchen system to fit on a small shelf. I have three sets of speakers hooked up to the Pyle PSS4 and connected it to a Pyle Home PCA4 Mini 2x120 Watt Stereo Power Amplifier: NHT super zeros (86db/watt), and two pair of Parasound C-260 in wall speakers (88db/watt) via nice Kimber 16 gauge in-wall speaker wire that cost considerably more than the rest of the rig. The result is musically satisfying output to moderately loud levels.

The PSS4 switcher unit is sonically almost transparent in this setup. I can hear a softening when all the speakers are engaged, probably as a result of the impedance change in the ganged load. With only one, the sonic difference is virtually undetectable. In operation each speaker is selected or deselected by depressing its button - which functions as a toggle. Press it in and the speaker is selected. Press it in again and it pops out, deselecting that speaker pair. In the rear the speaker and amp connections are made via small spring loaded tabs. You'll need pins or very thin wire to fit in those little holes. I used pins.

FYI - the first PSS4 unit I ordered was defective. The sound was muffled dramatically. I returned it for my current unit promptly and it was like night and day - so be aware that quality might vary. All in all, this unit provides excellent value for the money.
review image
on August 4, 2017
It was a nice product. I also recommend it to other people.
on August 14, 2017
Works very well.
on April 5, 2017
As described no pblm connecting 3 add channels. Only question is "Protection Circuit." No explanation of use. Was to be added to User manual. Yada, Yada, yada
on April 24, 2017
Simple clear design, functions well