Pyrex 1072164 Storage 18-Piece Round Set
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Storage set includes three 2-cup round, two 7-cup round, two 4-cup round, and two 1-cup round containers with nine BPA-free blue plastic lids
- Made of clear, nonporous glass that won't warp, stain, or absorb odors
- Designed for easy nesting and stacking; seal-tight lids ideal for food storage or taking foods on the go
- Bowls safe for use in microwave, refrigerator, and freezer; oven safe to any baking temperature, but not broiler safe
- Lids dishwasher safe on top rack; 2-year warranty on glass; made in the USA
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Fusion Merchandise||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||—||13 x 20 x 11 in||8 x 15.75 x 5.38 in||5.38 x 5.44 x 7.25 in||13 x 17.75 x 11.12 in||3.12 x 9.88 x 8 in|
|Size||18 Piece Set||17 piece set||16 pc set||6 Piece||28 pc set||Medium|
Pyrex 18-Piece Clear Glass Storage Set
Since 1915, experienced cooks and beginners alike have reached for Pyrex glassware products. It all started with our glass bakeware - loved for generations because it's affordable, durable, odor and stain proof, and great for cooking, serving and storing. Since then, new favorites have joined old standbys. The Pyrex line now includes products for the entire kitchen, including pots and pans, metal bakeware, and kitchen tools and gadgets. They're all designed and proven to make cooking a little easier. Today, over 70 percent of U.S. homes have Pyrex glass products, with many cooks passing them down from generation to generation - which we think is pretty neat.
Pyrex Fast Facts
- Pyrex glass bakeware is, and has always been, durable, reliable and safe.
- The U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission conducted an investigation in 2008 and concluded that Pyrex glass bakeware does not present a safety concern.
- While both borosilicate and soda lime are appropriate compositions for glass bakeware, heat strengthened soda lime is more resistant to impact breakage.
- Pyrex glass bakeware has been made - first by Corning Incorporated and now by World Kitchen - using the same soda lime composition and heat-strengthening process for more than 60 years.
- World Kitchen has always manufactured Pyrex glass bakeware in the U.S. and our packaging proudly displays the American flag and the "made in the USA" label.
Pyrex glassware is a must have for any serious kitchen. Available in an array of functional shapes and sizes, each individual piece can be used for baking, cooking, microwaving, serving, and storage.
- 18-Piece Storage Set includes 3-each: 2-cup round storage, 2-each: 7-cup round storage, 1-each: 4-cup round storage, 1-cup round storage. All include matching blue plastic covers.
- Ideal for refrigerator and freezer storage or taking food on the go.
- BPA free plastic lid is dishwasher safe (top rack only).
- Nest and stack for easy storage when not in use.
- Non-porous glass won't absorb stains or odors.
- Glas is pre-heated oven, microwave, refrigerator, freezer, and dishwasher safe.
- Made in the USA.
- Limited 2-year warranty on Pyrex glass bakeware.
- Limited 1-year warranty on plastic lids.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The packaging was great and now issues with any of them. The 18 piece round set comes with three 2-cup round containers, two 7-cup round containers, one 4-cup round container, and one 1-cup round container. I pack my lunch in them every day, as well as store dinner leftovers in the fridge and freezer. I've been washing both the bowls and the lids in the dishwasher and they still look good as new. Just make sure the lids are washed on the top rack. I've also microwaved several of the bowls, immediately after taking them out of the fridge, and there have been no issues with the glass. I wouldn't microwave with the lids on, and I place a paper towel over the top in case of bubbling.
I'm thinking of purchases a second set now that I know how great they work!
I quickly learned that these are the HOLY GRAIL of food storage even though my Tupperware is also great and high quality.
The difference between glass and plastic storage has shocked me...
When I buy blueberries or strawberries and store them in a glass Pyrex bowl, they have life for nearly 2 weeks. In plastic, there is condensation right away (because air penetrates plastic) and about a 4 day shelf life.
While I use plastic for cooked leftovers, my fresh produce has an astounding longer life in these or also Mason Jars....
Also, lids have absolutely no issue when washed in the dishwasher (top shelf)... and I wash them ALL the time!
I just received 2 sets of these dishes as a gift. I was dying to get rid of all my plastic storage containers. We're a household of two but I do a lot of cooking from scratch and do save leftovers plus I make my fair share of "pot luck" dishes for gatherings we go to.
There are 8 heavy weight round glass dishes in each set with very tight fitting lids that snap down over the rim of the bowl...2 seven cup bowls, 2 four cup bowls, 3 two cup bowls, and 2 one cup bowls. I expect the lids to loosen up just a smidgon after they've been used a few times. Right out of the box, the lids are extremely tight fitting and appear to be of good sturdy quality. By the way..lids can go in the dishwasher on the TOP rack.
How much storage space will they take up? The kitchen cabinet shelf that I have TWO sets comfortably organized on is 10" deep (front to back) and 20" wide (from side to side) with about 14" from top to bottom. I put the lids on all the bowls and sat like size bowls on top of each other. Yes the lids are sturdy enough to hold the weight of each other. No I would no sit bowls inside each other. I did that when I was unpacking them and two bowls got too snuggly perched inside each other. I got them apart but won't do it again. It's nice not to have to store the lids separately.
Size..Obviously the 7 cup bowl holds 7 cups but I wasn't sure how often I'd use them thinking maybe I'd usually need smaller bowls. I don't think so now. The large bowl will be great for storing a host of different leftovers from pot roast to potato salad. Here's the size of each bowl: the 7 cup bowl is 7" in diameter and about 3" deep. The 4 cup bowl is about 6" in diameter and about 1/2 an inch shallower than the larger bowl so about 2 1/2 inches. 2 cup bowl is about 4 1/2 inches in diameter and 2" deep. Lastly the 1 cup bowl is about 3 1/2 inches in diameter and roughly 2" deep.
These bowls are a fantastic addition to my kitchen. I expect to get years of use out of them. I can see where some might want to add a retangular set to your collection. All this and made in the USA to boot.
Last note because of safety tip in the product instruction paper: The other night there was a segment on our local news station (Komo 4) regarding new glassware on the market. They said that newer baking/cooking/storage glassware is not made the same way older glass used years ago. Consumers should be careful of surprise breakage due to extreme temperature changes. Shards of glass can fly everywhere so follow instructions. In the demonstration they took a new glass baking dish out of the oven and set it on a pot holder sitting on the counter top. It shattered because they counter top was too cool and the pot holder had a slight amount of moisture on it like pot holders often do in the kitchen. Older glass bakeware/cookware/storage dishes didn't have that problem. The instructions with this set warns against sudden temperature changes from things such as adding liquid to hot glassware, putting a hot glass dish on a cool countertop or putting a hot glass dish in the sink or on a metal counter top. Lastly it says never put Pyrex dishes in an oven that hasn't been completely pre-heated.