Pyrex 6022369 Storage 14-Piece Round Set, Clear with Blue Lids
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Set includes one 7-cup, four 2-cup, and two 4-cup round bowls; seven blue plastic lids
- Made of nonporous glass that won't warp, stain, or absorb odors
- Seal-tight lids ideal for secure food storage; stackable design
- Bowls safe for use in oven, microwave, refrigerator, freezer, and dishwasher
- Lids dishwasher safe on top rack; 2-year warranty on glass; made in the USA
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Pyres 14-Piece Clear Glass Storage Set
Since 1915, experienced cooks and beginners alike have reached for Pyrex glassware products. It all started with our glass bakeware - loved for generations because it's affordable, durable, odor and stain proof, and great for cooking, serving and storing. Since then, new favorites have joined old standbys. The Pyrex line now includes products for the entire kitchen, including pots and pans, metal bakeware, and kitchen tools and gadgets. They're all designed and proven to make cooking a little easier. Today, over 70 percent of U.S. homes have Pyrex glass products, with many cooks passing them down from generation to generation - which we think is pretty neat.
Pyrex Fast Facts
- Pyrex glass bakeware is, and has always been, durable, reliable and safe.
- The U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission conducted an investigation in 2008 and concluded that Pyrex glass bakeware does not present a safety concern.
- While both borosilicate and soda lime are appropriate compositions for glass bakeware, heat strengthened soda lime is more resistant to impact breakage.
- Pyrex glass bakeware has been made - first by Corning Incorporated and now by World Kitchen - using the same soda lime composition and heat-strengthening process for more than 60 years.
- World Kitchen has always manufactured Pyrex glass bakeware in the U.S. and our packaging proudly displays the American flag and the "made in the USA" label.
Pyrex glassware is a must have for any serious kitchen. Available in an array of functional shapes and sizes, each individual piece can be used for baking, cooking, microwaving, serving, and storage.
- Pyrex 14-Piece Storage Set includes 4-each: 2-Cup Round Dish; 2-each: 4-Cup Round Dish; 1-each: 7-Cup Round Dish. All bring matching blue plastic covers.
- Idela for refrigerator and freezer storage or taking food on the go.
- BPA free plastic lid is dishwasher safe (top rack only).
- Nest and stack for easy storage when not in use.
- Non-porous glass won't absorb stains or odors.
- Glass is pre-heated oven, microwave, refrigerator, freezer, and dishwasher safe.
- Made in the USA.
- Limited 2-year warranty.
Keep your leftovers chilled or frozen in these durable glass containers with plastic lids. The clear glass lets you see at a glance what's inside, and the stackability factor helps you neatly store dried pasta, cereal, and other items on your shelf. When you're ready to reheat those leftovers, bring to room temperature then warm in the oven or microwave. Pyrex glass is nonporous, so it won't stain or absorb food odors. And, unlike plastic containers, glass won't emit harmful chemicals during microwave use.
This 14-piece storage set consists of seven round glass bowls: one large seven-cup; two medium-size four-cup; and four handy two-cup (great for lunches). Each has its own seal-tight, blue plastic lid. Incredibly durable as long as sudden changes in temperature are avoided, Pyrex glassware is safe for the oven, microwave, freezer, refrigerator, and dishwasher, and even looks good serving at the table. Please avoid using the lids in the microwave and oven, and wash by hand or on the dishwasher's top rack. Pyrex covers the glass bowls with a two-year warranty, and the lids with a one-year warranty. Pyrex glass is made in the USA. --Ann Bieri
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Onto the product: they're solid, easy to clean, and go from freezer to microwave without any damage to the product. I've dropped them in the past; I've yet to break one (I do not want to continue that test). Best of all this set went on sale for $13.99, and it was one of the best purchases I've made. No one can go wrong purchasing a Pyrex product.
Here are a few things that would make it perfect:
1. The bowls was square or rectangular instead of round. The rectangular ones sold doesn't offer as many options and is much more expensive. It's just a personal preference.
2. They don't stack for space-saving storage in the manner that plastic products like Rubbermaid do. That's to be expected: this is a glass product. Again it's a matter of personal preference.
3. The top is plastic, making it more fragile. It warps when you're heating in a microwave, but I found a solution to that problem: place a damp paper napkin over the top of the food to be microwaved, then place the plastic top on top, slightly ajar. This will preserve the integrity and longevity of the plastic top.
4. As with all Pyrex products, they're heavy. This must be taken into consideration if they're used to transport food daily, like for lunch or other meals. They're sturdy, but still glass: they're fragile and can break.
Despite my preferences, I will still give the product five stars. It's a worthwhile purchase.
The durability is great, as you would expect from a Pyrex product. The glass is about 3/16 inch thick and holds well against heat and even impact. Will not get stained at all even when leaving food in for a long period of time.
- thick glass
- good variety of sizes
- oven ready
- the lids are too tight for the containers and are very difficult to fit in. After 3 years of minimal use they have now started to break.
- you have to be very careful if you store them stacked together. If you stack 2 of the same size, they tend to stick and/or form a vaccum inside. When detaching, they can break.
In summary, for 18 - 20 bucks this is a great set if you don't mind the lower quality lids.
I dropped one once on a thinly carpeted office floor and it did shatter. But that was my own fault, and I certainly can't blame Pyrex for having glass that breaks when dropped!
I've had pyrex in the past and had much better luck, so I'm not sure why this set is so bad. I'd recommend looking elsewhere.
The lids actually provided a strong enough seal that on one occasion when a little too much curry had been stored inside one of them that upon opening it rapidly expanded outwards onto myself and the counter, which says to me that the lid was able to hold that much pressure in securely without leaking.
The peace of mind that the glass can't have any chemical reactions with whatever food you may decide to store in it is also a welcome thing which doesn't occur to most people, but undoubtedly effects them in subtle ways.
All in all this product has exceeded my expectations, and were I ever to find myself with a bigger fridge and more people to feed then I'm sure I'd buy more of their offerings.