Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Glass Measuring Cup with Lid
Size: 2-Cup|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on November 26, 2015
The lid is totally useless because it won't stay on the measuring cup. I paid three times as much for this measuring cup because I was looking for one with a lid and I can't even use it. No matter which way I put on the lid, it pops right back off almost immediately. Please see the photos I've uploaded so you can see what I mean.

I figured that maybe I got a defective measuring cup and/or lid so I went to a local store that sells the same Pyrex measuring cup/lid combo and they all had the exact same problem.
review imagereview image
42 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on March 3, 2017
Within 2 months, the markings are gone. Didn't use it that often and never put it in the oven. I have another that's 25 years old that's still perfect, I guess Pyrex has gone downhill.
review imagereview image
18 people found this helpful
on September 25, 2016
Pyrex Prepware 8-Cup Measuring Cup, Clear with Red Lid and Measurements
I loved it until today. Heating water to 180 for my Oolong tea batch and the thing exploded into a gazillion pieces. I know it is overtime to get a refund but it was a disaster cleanup job. You can see the glass crazed and shattered. Isn't is supposed to be microwave safe?
review image
33 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 29, 2017
Looks gorgeous, that is it. Can't pour a darn thing out of it without it going everywhere. The pour spout is about a 1/4 inch wide. It doesn't look like the picture MeditiAs soon as you start to pour it goes everywhere, even when you are careful and try pouring super slow. Don't know if this is defective or not but it is unusable. I use it to heat water in my microwave for my tea. My old one cracked and I was afraid it would break when I picked it up with boiling water and purchased this as a replacement.
review image
6 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on August 22, 2017
Whoever designed the spout on this measuring cup should be forced to cook with it! It is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to pour anything from this cup without spilling it. It would work better without a spout. I would NEVER purchase this product again. SHAME ON YOU PYREX for allowing this thing to go to market! If I could give it negative 5 stars, I would. I've tried to use it numerous times with different liquids and ended up with a mess every time. I always had a high regard for Pyrex products until I bought this. Charge me more for the product but JEEZ give me something I can use. As the old business adage warns, it takes years to earn a loyal customer. It takes 10 seconds of trying to use a product like this to loose one. I can only surmise that Pyrex is now trading on their name for pure profit with no regard for customer experience. What a waste of money and time!
2 people found this helpful
on August 7, 2013
NOT like the old Pyrex bowls that they used to make.
HANDLES GET EXTREMELY HOT IN THE MICROWAVE!!

After purchasing these and this problem arising, I read a review where PYREX sold out to another company and does not use the same glass that they used to in their products. They now use a cheaper glass!!
So...be weary of ALL of Pyrex glassware!!

I have an old one that I can use in the microwave and boil water for 5 minutes and take it out with my HAND. NO Problems at all with the old one! Not hot!! I loved my 4 cup soooo much, that I thought I would order one for all the females in my family and ordered 4.

THESE do NOT have the COOL HANDLES as the old ones do!! THEY BECOME EXTREMELY HOT!

I'm glad I tried mine out before GRANDMA tried hers out with her tiny little arthritic hands.

With ordering 4, mine came in one big Amazon box, each wrapped in bubble wrap.
No problem with that, other than after reading another review where they said "read instructions" that come with these.... there were no instructions, I believe because I ordered bulk and they shipped them bulk.

SOoooooo.....be careful! Use a pot holder!

Also, make sure to brake the water's skin surface after microwaving....with something like a wooden spoon so it does not blow up in your face.
Do this BEFORE removing it from the microwave.

Again...USE CAUTION!!
7 people found this helpful
on April 9, 2016
Update: The secret to pouring from this is to slow down. I've taken care to pour slowly enough that the liquid surface does not extend beyond the pour spout and have successfully poured without spillage several times now. It's not even all that much slower than I would naturally pour, but just enough to make a difference.

------------------

Now that I'm reading many of the reviews for this item (there are too many to read all of them), I'm sort of glad I didn't read them before buying, but also glad to read the information now. I did not know there had been a change in the consumer Pyrex products.

I worked in chemistry labs for decades and Pyrex glassware was standard. We put it through some radical temperature changes and fully expected it to survive. I might have expected the same behavior from this measuring cup.

I bought this so that I could heat 4 cups of milk all at once. I make yogurt and the milk is heated to 180ºF, cooled and then culture is added. Heating the milk in the microwave just worked better for me than stovetop, but I needed a container that I could heat and pour.

What a mess! The first time I poured from this cup, milk went everywhere. I poured safely yesterday until I became overconfident and thought I could just pour the last of the contents swiftly. Oops.

I believe I can learn to make it function, but it shouldn't be this hard.

That said, the numbers and demarcation lines have been holding up with no problem. I've taken the cup containing the heated milk out of the microwave and placed it on cool surfaces without incident. I like being able to measure and heat my milk in a single container. Other than the messy pour, it has performed as expected and made my yogurt better.

Maybe I should just practice with water. As far as I can tell, the key is simply to pour slowly. Once the liquid reaches the area beyond the pour spout it wants to run down the outside of the cup rather than maintain a tidy stream of liquid. The pour spout is narrow and only allows for a small, and hence, slow stream of poured liquid.

I still like it and couldn't find anything that looked like it would work better.
on May 21, 2018
Bought both this and the 4 cup Pyrex measuring cup: I grew up 30 minutes from where Pyrex was born and made for years (Corning, NY), so I know my Pyrex product. I bought these 2 cups as my 2 oldie goldies were aging; one had a chip. These new cups do say "made in USA" so I'm glad to see that. My only beef so far: The spouts are hilarious. They are exactly 1/2 as large as the originals and you have to pour very slowly. You take one look and you can't believe it will work, if you are used to using those older gold standard of Pyrex measuring cup. I will say of the seller: The cups were packaged beautifully in a ton of bubble wrap. Excellent work on packaging. I truly hesitated to order these cups based on other Amazon packaging (and lack of packing materials).
on January 23, 2014
I wanted a second Anchor Hocking cup but couldn't find a 1-qt, so I ordered this. The problems with cracking when exposed to sudden temperature changes was not a deal killer because the sole use for this cup was to heat water for tea in the microwave - although I wasn't happy with the downgrade.

Unfortunately, the spout on this 1 qt doesn't pour cleanly; I had scalding hot water doubling back under the bottom and pouring all over the counter. Not safe and not useful. The only way I can get water out of this Pyrex is to pour it out very slowly, which undermines the point of getting the water very hot for tea.

At first I thought it was the new (unimproved) spout size. The spout in the picture no longer represents. That's the size spout on my Anchor Hocking, but not on my new Pyrex. The Pyrex spout is now very very small, like someone made it by pushing a bit on the hot glass with a pencil eraser. However, my 2-qt Anchor Hocking has small spouts on all sides and they pour fine. So, it is the spout design. The Anchor Hocking has more of a twist and a curl. The Pyrex spout just doesn't work.

If the only thing you plan on doing with this is mix up waffle batter and you think the measurements on the sides will be of assistance, buy it. But if you see an Anchor Hocking 1 qt for sale, let me know.
5 people found this helpful
on September 18, 2014
A lifetime of advertising conditioning prompted me to buy 'the best' glass measuring device. With clear, high-constrast printing on the side, heat resistant glass and large one quart capacity, this is a wonderful pyrex product... until you want to remove the stickers.

There is a large sticker on the side of the product with branding and other information. It cannot be removed entirely. I purchased two of these and I've spent an hour with everything from goo-gone, to kerosene, to alcohol to several other chemicals to try to get rid of the sticky residue left by this labeling.

An hour spent, and I'll likely need another hour of scrubbing and soaking and scouring and I doubt if I'll be rid of it entirely.

An hour that has already erased a lifetime of conditioning telling me that Pyrex is the best. It makes me sad and angry that an otherwise perfect product is ruined for lack of low-tack glue on a sticker.

Never again. Pyrex, I'm done with you.
3 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.