Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Glass Measuring Cup with Lid
Size: 2-Cup|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on November 26, 2015
The lid is totally useless because it won't stay on the measuring cup. I paid three times as much for this measuring cup because I was looking for one with a lid and I can't even use it. No matter which way I put on the lid, it pops right back off almost immediately. Please see the photos I've uploaded so you can see what I mean.

I figured that maybe I got a defective measuring cup and/or lid so I went to a local store that sells the same Pyrex measuring cup/lid combo and they all had the exact same problem.
review imagereview image
42 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on March 3, 2017
Within 2 months, the markings are gone. Didn't use it that often and never put it in the oven. I have another that's 25 years old that's still perfect, I guess Pyrex has gone downhill.
review imagereview image
18 people found this helpful
on September 25, 2016
Pyrex Prepware 8-Cup Measuring Cup, Clear with Red Lid and Measurements
I loved it until today. Heating water to 180 for my Oolong tea batch and the thing exploded into a gazillion pieces. I know it is overtime to get a refund but it was a disaster cleanup job. You can see the glass crazed and shattered. Isn't is supposed to be microwave safe?
34 people found this helpful
on December 29, 2017
Looks gorgeous, that is it. Can't pour a darn thing out of it without it going everywhere. The pour spout is about a 1/4 inch wide. It doesn't look like the picture MeditiAs soon as you start to pour it goes everywhere, even when you are careful and try pouring super slow. Don't know if this is defective or not but it is unusable. I use it to heat water in my microwave for my tea. My old one cracked and I was afraid it would break when I picked it up with boiling water and purchased this as a replacement.
6 people found this helpful
on November 2, 2016
I love the size of the measuring cup and the easy-to-read marks. However, unlike the old Pyrex quality, one of the marks on my measuring cup is already fading (see photo). The measuring cup only went in the dish washer a couple of times; I hand washed it most of the time. I have an 10-year old Pyrex measuring cup that goes in the dishwasher all the time; all the marks are still readable. I am really disappointed that in spending more money for a name-brand, I no longer get what I paid for. The lid got wrapped a little for being in the dishwasher just once. From now on, this is a hand-wash only item. I don't know if it is a manufacturing issue with the one I got or if the issue is happening to everyone. Good luck. Anchor makes a batter bowl with lid that looks and works like a measuring cup; the markings on that one is edged into the glass. It is not as easy to read but at half of the price of Pyrex. Once I lose a few more marks, I will buy the Anchor as my replacement. I just missed the refund deadline when I found out about the marking issues.
4 people found this helpful
on August 22, 2017
Whoever designed the spout on this measuring cup should be forced to cook with it! It is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to pour anything from this cup without spilling it. It would work better without a spout. I would NEVER purchase this product again. SHAME ON YOU PYREX for allowing this thing to go to market! If I could give it negative 5 stars, I would. I've tried to use it numerous times with different liquids and ended up with a mess every time. I always had a high regard for Pyrex products until I bought this. Charge me more for the product but JEEZ give me something I can use. As the old business adage warns, it takes years to earn a loyal customer. It takes 10 seconds of trying to use a product like this to loose one. I can only surmise that Pyrex is now trading on their name for pure profit with no regard for customer experience. What a waste of money and time!
2 people found this helpful
on February 21, 2016
Pyrex Prepware 1-Quart Measuring Cup

Most of us know what a dribble glass is, even if we've never seen one in person. This measuring cup is the equivalent of a dribble glass, but it's not a funny prank. It's nearly impossible to pour liquid from this cup without having liquid dribble down the front, making a mess of the kitchen and skewing the amount of liquid you measured and needed.

Nothing else is important; Not the type of glass, the weight, the accuracy or durability of the measurement markings - nothing. If it's unusable, why bother? I used this cup twice, cleaned up the mess after each use - and then returned it. Too bad, as Pyrex used to be a trusted name.

I've since purchased a Catamount Glassware 4-Cup Measure and highly recommend it.
4 people found this helpful
on June 11, 2018
Regardless of the many reviews that complain about not being able to pour from this without spilling, never fear, there is no issue with pouring liquid from this pyrex 8 cup measuring cup. I can only speculate that thise issue is due to people getting in a hurry. I use both this item and the 4 cup one in making yogurt and kefir. So far unless I was being careless I have literally not spilled a drop. So long as you realize that you you simply can not pour faster than what the spout can handle there is simply no issue. If you pour so quickly that the liquid goes over the side edges of the pour spout pretty much every container with a pour spout is going to drip all over the place. Maybe because the container is so large compared to the size of the spout,vpeople expect to he able to pour faster thanis actually possible. Regardless, I have used this one and the 4 cup one to pour into jars no bigger than your standard baby food jar and had absolutely no issue. As long as you watch the flow through the spout and do not let it run over the sides of the spout it works perfectly. No spills, no drips. Like most pyrex products this item has a nice weight, goes from the microwave with 180+ degree milk straight into a cold water bath with no issues. I would buy this again and recommend to any patient friend.
on August 7, 2013
NOT like the old Pyrex bowls that they used to make.
HANDLES GET EXTREMELY HOT IN THE MICROWAVE!!

After purchasing these and this problem arising, I read a review where PYREX sold out to another company and does not use the same glass that they used to in their products. They now use a cheaper glass!!
So...be weary of ALL of Pyrex glassware!!

I have an old one that I can use in the microwave and boil water for 5 minutes and take it out with my HAND. NO Problems at all with the old one! Not hot!! I loved my 4 cup soooo much, that I thought I would order one for all the females in my family and ordered 4.

THESE do NOT have the COOL HANDLES as the old ones do!! THEY BECOME EXTREMELY HOT!

I'm glad I tried mine out before GRANDMA tried hers out with her tiny little arthritic hands.

With ordering 4, mine came in one big Amazon box, each wrapped in bubble wrap.
No problem with that, other than after reading another review where they said "read instructions" that come with these.... there were no instructions, I believe because I ordered bulk and they shipped them bulk.

SOoooooo.....be careful! Use a pot holder!

Also, make sure to brake the water's skin surface after microwaving....with something like a wooden spoon so it does not blow up in your face.
Do this BEFORE removing it from the microwave.

Again...USE CAUTION!!
7 people found this helpful
on January 23, 2014
I wanted a second Anchor Hocking cup but couldn't find a 1-qt, so I ordered this. The problems with cracking when exposed to sudden temperature changes was not a deal killer because the sole use for this cup was to heat water for tea in the microwave - although I wasn't happy with the downgrade.

Unfortunately, the spout on this 1 qt doesn't pour cleanly; I had scalding hot water doubling back under the bottom and pouring all over the counter. Not safe and not useful. The only way I can get water out of this Pyrex is to pour it out very slowly, which undermines the point of getting the water very hot for tea.

At first I thought it was the new (unimproved) spout size. The spout in the picture no longer represents. That's the size spout on my Anchor Hocking, but not on my new Pyrex. The Pyrex spout is now very very small, like someone made it by pushing a bit on the hot glass with a pencil eraser. However, my 2-qt Anchor Hocking has small spouts on all sides and they pour fine. So, it is the spout design. The Anchor Hocking has more of a twist and a curl. The Pyrex spout just doesn't work.

If the only thing you plan on doing with this is mix up waffle batter and you think the measurements on the sides will be of assistance, buy it. But if you see an Anchor Hocking 1 qt for sale, let me know.
5 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.