BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Glass Measuring Cup with Lid
Size: 2-Cup|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 11, 2013
I purchased a new Pyrex 1-cup measuring cup as my old one, used for at least 15 years, is beginning to look a bit tired. I was so pleased to find out how Pyrex has improved the handle design making it easier to stack the measuring cups making it easier to store in my cupboard. The old cup had this feature too, but the style was a bit different than this newest improvement. To be honest I have an even older Pyrex 1-cup measuring cup with a closed handle. In other words, these measuring cups last a very long time. Both of my older 1-cup measuring cups have fading paint but they are still very usable.

I would also like to address the exploding glass issue: All glass will shatter due to thermal shock. You must follow the manufacturer's directions, and Pyrex does include very clear directions, in order to use any product safely. I strongly encourage you to read the package directions for any product, including Pyrex products, before using them.

I've also included some Pyrex information from Snopes.com in the comments section for further review as Amazon does not allow external links in reviews.

For me I love my Pyrex measuring cups and bakeware. They both have served me well during my 40+ years of cooking.

Recommend.

Penmouse
on September 18, 2014
A lifetime of advertising conditioning prompted me to buy 'the best' glass measuring device. With clear, high-constrast printing on the side, heat resistant glass and large one quart capacity, this is a wonderful pyrex product... until you want to remove the stickers.

There is a large sticker on the side of the product with branding and other information. It cannot be removed entirely. I purchased two of these and I've spent an hour with everything from goo-gone, to kerosene, to alcohol to several other chemicals to try to get rid of the sticky residue left by this labeling.

An hour spent, and I'll likely need another hour of scrubbing and soaking and scouring and I doubt if I'll be rid of it entirely.

An hour that has already erased a lifetime of conditioning telling me that Pyrex is the best. It makes me sad and angry that an otherwise perfect product is ruined for lack of low-tack glue on a sticker.

Never again. Pyrex, I'm done with you.
on June 1, 2014
The lid does not fit perfectly and the pour spout is a terrible design. The only way that I can keep liquid from spilling all over when pouring from this cup is to pour very slowly and then most of the time I still spill some liquid.
on April 3, 2016
Pyrex! They've been around forever. They are totally trusted. Why in the world wouldn't they design a measuring cup so it pours without dripping? It is very frustrating to take the trouble to measure a liquid and then have it dribble down the front of the cup and onto the counter or in the sink. I simply can't understand it.
on June 22, 2017
Fantastic! I've used it to make banana bread and potato masher fit inside perfectly. I've made broccoli soup and precooked the broccoli in the microwave in water, then drained broccoli using the lid. Made a double batch of soup and was able to store it in the refrigerator in this Pyrex. Next day I was able to reheat soup in this Pyrex cup and serve in it. Today I'm making carrot cake using this. I noticed that it's easier to pour batter into the baking dish using this instead of the mixing bowl I've used for years. I can hold on firmly to the handle and use a spatula in the other hand. The batter came came out easily and this cup easily washes out with running water. I already have a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup with the same type of lid. They both are very easy to read the measurements. The lids are great. They don't warp and fit nicely inside the cup. I even like the fact that I could break eggs on the edge of this cup.
on August 3, 2017
This 8-cup measuring bowl with lid is terrific. I have regular kitchen bowls, but the fact that this one is an actual measuring bowl is very important to me because I make doubled batches of pancakes or such. The lid fits securely and the glass is heavy and durable. It is also a great size for holding peeled vegetables in large amounts, etc. The size allows quite a bit of room for storage or mixing. I highly recommend this bowl.
on February 15, 2014
I purchased the 1-quart version of this Pyrex measuring cup 4 yrs. ago for twice the price it is now. I grew up with Pyrex and knew it to be a quality product. I already owned a 1-cup Pyrex glass measuring cup that I had received as a wedding gift almost 20 years ago. I have used that cup daily to boil water for my iced tea, and washed it in the dishwasher, and it has held up wonderfully. It is a little cloudy, the lettering is very slightly faded, and there is a tiny chip at the top, but no cracks or other problems.

As my family grew, I started doing a lot more cooking and really hated measuring everything one cup at a time. So I ordered this Pyrex glass measuring cup in the 1-quart size. It arrived in perfect condition and to my surprise was actually a heavier glass than my older Pyrex cup. I have used it for boiling water only sporadically and haven't had any issues with cracking. My problem is that less than two years after I purchased it the red measurement lettering started to fade dramatically. Within 3 yrs. of purchasing this cup there was no evidence of any lettering having ever been on this cup at all!!! It is no longer a measuring cup at all due to this issue. There are also issues with the small spout causing thin liquids to drip easily when pouring.

In conclusion, I must say I love this cup for mixing pancakes, waffles and other batters. It is nice and heavy and should last a long time. Just can't use it for measuring!
We are clean eaters in our home, so I have been cooking and baking from scratch for years. I have a 4 cup, 8 cup and 2 cup. I can't believe I waited so long to get a 1 cups!! What I was waiting for I have no idea. But I am so happy to have this. It makes it so nice to have the smaller increments now. My 2 cup did not have the 1/4 and 1/3 cup measurements on it. This is fabulous! Of course, it is...it's Pyrex! Highly recommend!
I call this a bowl because it's a pretty huge measuring cup, functioning as both that and a mixing bowl. Best of all, it goes in the microwave. My main goal in buying this cup was to have something to measure milk and also heat it when starting yogurt. Most vessels this size are too tall to fit in the microwave or metal or plastic, and/or unmarked which made my yogurt prep more complicated than I wanted. I was moving the milk from one container to another and I knew the process could be easier if I just had the right vessel. This wonderful big cup has met my needs completely.

I like the straight'ish sides which means the cup has a large base and won't be tipping. The other feature that makes this the cup of choice is that the handle is open at the bottom (doesn't attach to the bowl). The handle is very sturdy but because it's open, the bowl is easier to store. It can be nested with other bowls and pots in the cupboard. The red measurements are very easy to see for right or left-handers.

Although I haven't used the lid yet, it is nice to have the several available options. It fits snugly so the contents can be sealed in there securely. The lid can be put on the cup so that it is closed completely or so that the contents can be poured openly or poured through either strainer holes or slots so as to hold back ice or whatever. You have to remove the lid and reinstall it in the position of choice rather than turning it once on, but it holds quite well due to the flexible silicon-like edge that fits into the cup. Since the lid is not domed, it is also easy to store when not needed. I put mine in the drawer that holds my other lids. I anticipate using this bowl with the lid to make sun tea among other things. I'm very satisfied with the purchase and would buy again.
VINE VOICEon May 31, 2016
We used to only have 2 cup measuring cups here. So many times I've needed 2 1/2 cups of liquid and it was such a bother to go back to the sink just for 1/2 cup of water.
I finally just went and ordered this Quart measuring cup. Wasn't a big deal to keep refilling the 2 cup one but, having this larger one makes cooking just a little easier.
I love the pyrex measuring cups. I like how thick the glass is. I have confidence that the glass won't shatter when I use the measuring cups to boil water in the microwave.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.