Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Today only: Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on February 21, 2016
Okay, measuring cups are not that complex. They have only a few things to accomplish. One is to allow you to measure liquids or dry goods. The Pyrex does this well. The lettering is clear and it does not wear off. Not being plastic, it is also not going to melt should you accidentally place it on a hot stove top (typically glass ranges).

The other job and one of major importance, is allowing the clean pouring of its contents. This is where the Pyres 2-cup measuring cup fails its intended job. Unless you pour liquids very slowly, you are going to get flooding down the cup all over your counter. I also own an Anchor Hocking 2-cup measuring cup that does not have this issue so I examined the differences in the pouring spouts.

The Pyrex spout is very small and narrow and appears to have been formed simply by pulling the rim. I'm not sure if these are made by heating and forming or whether from some mold, but it is very small, so liquids do not pass well through the spout except at very low velocity.

If you examine the Anchor Hocking brand cups in my photos, you will notice that the spouts are formed much wider and have a less-angular design. The outer edges of the spout is also higher than the upper rim of the cup. These cups pour a lot better than the Pyrex. I just thought people might like to know this because it is a difficult thing to determine without it being pointed out.
review imagereview image
0Comment| 151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 26, 2014
A long time ago I purchased a set of pyrex measuring cups: 1 cup, 2 cup, and 4 cup. I love them and use them daily. I have found that the one that I use the most is the 2 cup. Because of how often I use this, it seems like it is always dirty. So I finally ordered a second one. But it is not the same! The markings are the same, the handle is the same, but the pour spout is different! My old one pours wonderfully; I can pour it fast or slow and it doesn't spill. The new one has a narrower pour spout. Somehow this causes it to pour down the side of the measuring cup and all over the counter instead of where I want it to go. If I pour very slowly (about the same speed as my slow fridge water), I can sometimes avoid spilling. I almost returned it after the first time I used it and I wish I had; I would rather wash the other one repeatedly while making something than use my new one. I took some pictures to post showing the change, but I cannot seem to find how to do it with this product.

Pyrex: If you change this item back to it's previous standard please let me know! I would love to purchase another that is like the old one I have! :)
review imagereview image
2525 comments| 712 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 13, 2014
I bought this expecting Pyrex thermal shock resistant lab grade glass called borosilicate glass which has always been a trademark of all Pyrex glassware. I was planning on using it by heating it directly on a stove top (approx. 300C) and dropping it into ice to rapidly cool. After doing some research, I found out that Pyrex is not Pyrex anymore. Corning Inc. sold its famed Pyrex brand in 1998 to World Kitchen LLC. World Kitchen LLC, instead of using borosilicate glass, switched to a cheaper alternative, tempered soda-lime glass, which is still great for most of regular cooking uses. For the price of $16 which I paid for this set, it is still a good deal; however, it does not fit my purposes which require glass limiting thermal expansion. "There's no substitute for Pyrex, the original glass bakeware. Introduced 90 years ago and made of a durable, high temperature material, Pyrex remains the ideal medium for safe, dependable food preparation. Use and care: Avoid sudden temperature changes. No stovetop or broiler use. Do not overheat oil or butter. Microwave and dishwasher safe." I guess I have myself to blame for not reading the description thoroughly; however, I find the first half of that statement extremely misleading. This is NOT the product that was introduced "90 years ago." The old product could withstand stovetop and boiler use. I would have no issue with the product if it did not call itself Pyrex.
11 comment| 208 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 19, 2012
I bought this measuring cup less than 2 years ago to replace one I'd had for 20 years that chipped after I dropped it. I'll admit I wasn't too keen on purchasing pyrex since there are known quality issues with the glass. I never thought the writing would be first to fail though. I posted pictures to show how it's just coming right off. Every time I wash it more comes off. You can even scrape it off with your fingernail. It's now useless. Maybe I can scour the Goodwill for a proper measuring cup made before World Kitchen LLC started manufacturing.
review imagereview image
88 comments| 269 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 11, 2015
"i rececently perchased a pyrex 2-cup measurring cup and it exploded" I used it ,washed it the put it away , hours later we hear an explosion in the cabinet to fine out its the new pyrex measuring cup,, would have never expect it to happen
review imagereview image
44 comments| 113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 9, 2016
Classic Pyrex. You cannot go wrong. IT is great getting 3 measuring cups in one package. They come packaged together in one box safe and sound with excellent packaging materials. All cardboard and no Styrofoam. Makes it great to keep them in the box if you have to move. They are of course dishwasher safe which was important to me. Pyrex has been proven over time and these are the best and most sturdy glass measuring cups.
on January 23, 2017
I have used a set like this for years and only had to replace them because the print was getting so dim, I couldn't easily distinguish between 1/3 and 1/2 cup, etc., due to their being in the dishwasher almost daily! They stack very well, and I use them in the microwave to heat things or melt butter, etc. My hubby bought me a new Anchor Hocking set, which I had to return because they were so much heavier (an issue for older people!) than the Pyrex.

I love these, and ordered two sets of them. It's so nice having them back in my cabinet again! Now I'm happy!
on May 10, 2015
Cute 2 Cup measuring cup. Seems durable. I have another one from before which is bigger. So far so good. Here are the pictures with comparison in my hand and measurement.
Please, note that you can find this cup (or other dimensions of the same brand) in any 1 dollar store for much less!!
on June 18, 2014
This is a versatile kitchen tool. Its a good measuring cup. It's glass. That means it can or will break if dropped on your ceramic tile floor or your sink. That also means it will not absorb stains nor leach who knows what into the contents. It washes clean. I use it to measure water for coffee as well as a microwave safe container for heating water to make that coffee. In a pinch it can serve to make a good cup of joe with little else. [Please be aware IF you use this to heat water in the microwave! It is very easy to superheat water. The water may be 4 or 5 degrees F above boiling point without bubbles. Jostle the cup and here they come directing steam and bubbles upward and even outward. I noticed this when inserting a digital thermometer to monitor cooling water for coffee]

*Add desired quantity of water and heat to boiling in the microwave. Wait 30 to 45 seconds for water to cool. (assuming you are at elevation below 4,000 ft)

*Add desired amount of coffee and stir. Stir again after 1, 2 and 3 minutes. If possible keep cup covered during this time to maintain temperature. (This is more for maintaining brewing conditions than to ensure a hot drink.) The coffee grounds will saturate and settle.

*After 4 minutes, carefully decant the coffee into whatever cup you are going to drink from. If you have a filter or even tea strainer you can use that. If necessary, you can drink from the measuring cup. Coffee grounds are gritty but they don't taste bad and won't hurt you!

Versatile and useful kitchen tool.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 5, 2017
I would have given this set a five star rating, but my 4 cup measure came without any printing on it at all. It is a clear glass handled pitcher! It's the only one with a defect and I have other 4 cup measures, so I decided to keep it. I was surprised, since I've come to depend on the quality of Pyrex. This set may have been seconds, since the price was so good. At any rate, the other measuring cups are totally satisfactory and I use them daily. I love the open handles; it makes nesting them together an easy task and frees up valuable cabinet space.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse