Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 4,640 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,150 reviews
on February 26, 2014
A long time ago I purchased a set of pyrex measuring cups: 1 cup, 2 cup, and 4 cup. I love them and use them daily. I have found that the one that I use the most is the 2 cup. Because of how often I use this, it seems like it is always dirty. So I finally ordered a second one. But it is not the same! The markings are the same, the handle is the same, but the pour spout is different! My old one pours wonderfully; I can pour it fast or slow and it doesn't spill. The new one has a narrower pour spout. Somehow this causes it to pour down the side of the measuring cup and all over the counter instead of where I want it to go. If I pour very slowly (about the same speed as my slow fridge water), I can sometimes avoid spilling. I almost returned it after the first time I used it and I wish I had; I would rather wash the other one repeatedly while making something than use my new one. I took some pictures to post showing the change, but I cannot seem to find how to do it with this product.

Pyrex: If you change this item back to it's previous standard please let me know! I would love to purchase another that is like the old one I have! :)
review image review image
2222 comments| 593 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2016
Okay, measuring cups are not that complex. They have only a few things to accomplish. One is to allow you to measure liquids or dry goods. The Pyrex does this well. The lettering is clear and it does not wear off. Not being plastic, it is also not going to melt should you accidentally place it on a hot stove top (typically glass ranges).

The other job and one of major importance, is allowing the clean pouring of its contents. This is where the Pyres 2-cup measuring cup fails its intended job. Unless you pour liquids very slowly, you are going to get flooding down the cup all over your counter. I also own an Anchor Hocking 2-cup measuring cup that does not have this issue so I examined the differences in the pouring spouts.

The Pyrex spout is very small and narrow and appears to have been formed simply by pulling the rim. I'm not sure if these are made by heating and forming or whether from some mold, but it is very small, so liquids do not pass well through the spout except at very low velocity.

If you examine the Anchor Hocking brand cups in my photos, you will notice that the spouts are formed much wider and have a less-angular design. The outer edges of the spout is also higher than the upper rim of the cup. These cups pour a lot better than the Pyrex. I just thought people might like to know this because it is a difficult thing to determine without it being pointed out.
on December 13, 2014
I bought this expecting Pyrex thermal shock resistant lab grade glass called borosilicate glass which has always been a trademark of all Pyrex glassware. I was planning on using it by heating it directly on a stove top (approx. 300C) and dropping it into ice to rapidly cool. After doing some research, I found out that Pyrex is not Pyrex anymore. Corning Inc. sold its famed Pyrex brand in 1998 to World Kitchen LLC. World Kitchen LLC, instead of using borosilicate glass, switched to a cheaper alternative, tempered soda-lime glass, which is still great for most of regular cooking uses. For the price of $16 which I paid for this set, it is still a good deal; however, it does not fit my purposes which require glass limiting thermal expansion. "There's no substitute for Pyrex, the original glass bakeware. Introduced 90 years ago and made of a durable, high temperature material, Pyrex remains the ideal medium for safe, dependable food preparation. Use and care: Avoid sudden temperature changes. No stovetop or broiler use. Do not overheat oil or butter. Microwave and dishwasher safe." I guess I have myself to blame for not reading the description thoroughly; however, I find the first half of that statement extremely misleading. This is NOT the product that was introduced "90 years ago." The old product could withstand stovetop and boiler use. I would have no issue with the product if it did not call itself Pyrex.
11 comment| 133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2015
WOW! I'm still on Cloud 9 from my first pancake making and cooking experience with this 8-cup Pyrex thingy. I measured my flour directly in it, added the other spoon-size ingredients, cracked the egg into it, poured in the buttermilk, mixed it all up in the Pyrex, added the bacon fat/grease, stirred it, then poured batter into the frying pan directly from the Pyrex. No spooning and no messy drips. It took me 30+ years to discover this convenience and boy, am I glad I did. Haven't used the cover yet but I'm sure it'll come in handy. This is a great cooking tool.
on March 5, 2017
I bought this set in sept of 2015 because for all of my life (24 years) my mom has owned the same set of Pyrex liquid measuring cups. From that time until now (march 2017) they were great! Was very happy with our purchase at that time. Then this last week I went to measure some milk in my 2 cup and noticed that my lines looked a little funny. Like they had little ridges or something. I thought perhaps it was the sticker. Upon further inspection I noticed the glass was so warped! Then I pulled out my other cups and saw that my 1 cup was warped also!!

I texted my mom and she was amazed that this had happened. Like I said she had been using the same set for close to 25 years. I then started reading the reviews and seeing other people complaining that theirs had shattered when doing things like warming water or putting in the dishwasher. I investigated a little more and saw that in 1998 the company who makes Pyrex starting using a different form of glass which isn't as durable for high temperatures.

I am sad, but will be purchasing the anchor version of these even those these are rated so much higher. I can deal with a sticker pealing over them exposing in my hand.
on August 17, 2016
I love Pyrex. I loved these measuring cups. BUT, now that I have had them a year, I noticed that the writing has rubbed off the bottom! I ordered a 2 cup and a 1 quart size and it's worse on the two cup than the 1 quart but I can no longer read the measurements, so what good do they do me? Very disappointed that they would only last a year. Now, I have stopped putting them in the dishwasher and when I buy new ones, I will hand wash them, but shouldn't I be able to put them in the dishwasher?
on December 11, 2015
"i rececently perchased a pyrex 2-cup measurring cup and it exploded" I used it ,washed it the put it away , hours later we hear an explosion in the cabinet to fine out its the new pyrex measuring cup,, would have never expect it to happen
review image review image
44 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2016
Pyrex Prepware 1-Quart Measuring Cup

Most of us know what a dribble glass is, even if we've never seen one in person. This measuring cup is the equivalent of a dribble glass, but it's not a funny prank. It's nearly impossible to pour liquid from this cup without having liquid dribble down the front, making a mess of the kitchen and skewing the amount of liquid you measured and needed.

Nothing else is important; Not the type of glass, the weight, the accuracy or durability of the measurement markings - nothing. If it's unusable, why bother? I used this cup twice, cleaned up the mess after each use - and then returned it. Too bad, as Pyrex used to be a trusted name.

I've since purchased a Catamount Glassware 4-Cup Measure and highly recommend it.
on November 2, 2016
I love the size of the measuring cup and the easy-to-read marks. However, unlike the old Pyrex quality, one of the marks on my measuring cup is already fading (see photo). The measuring cup only went in the dish washer a couple of times; I hand washed it most of the time. I have an 10-year old Pyrex measuring cup that goes in the dishwasher all the time; all the marks are still readable. I am really disappointed that in spending more money for a name-brand, I no longer get what I paid for. The lid got wrapped a little for being in the dishwasher just once. From now on, this is a hand-wash only item. I don't know if it is a manufacturing issue with the one I got or if the issue is happening to everyone. Good luck. Anchor makes a batter bowl with lid that looks and works like a measuring cup; the markings on that one is edged into the glass. It is not as easy to read but at half of the price of Pyrex. Once I lose a few more marks, I will buy the Anchor as my replacement. I just missed the refund deadline when I found out about the marking issues.
on July 14, 2016
I love this set! I just got this today and it happens to be my husbands birthday. We were able to fit his favorite cake mix in the larger cup with room to mix! This was so nice because my 5yr old son loves to cook and help in the kitchen. The pour spout and handle were very convenient for him and allowed him to pour the batter in the cake pan. The Prime Day price was also awesome. I am very happy with this purchase.
I am looking forward to making many cakes, cupcakes, muffins, pancakes, and anything else that i need to make batter for!
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.