Oil month Automotive Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on July 24, 2008
7/24/08: I used two of these three bowls the day I got them. The reason I didn't use the third is that it completely shattered during shipping. I decided to eat the loss in money, as the bowls are reasonably priced even for a set of two, and I didn't want to deal with the hassle of returning them.

I agree with the other reviewer who said they aren't as high-quality as the old Pyrex. I remember Pyrex as being practically bulletproof.

These bowls are functional, though, even if they're not rugged. I'm thinking of picking up another set.

UPDATE: 7/23/14

Six years after I got the damaged package, I'm still using the remaining two bowls. They've been great, but they still aren't as rugged as the old Pyrex, as they are still more vulnerable to scratches and the like. However, I think they've redeemed themselves after six years!
on September 29, 2007
I have variety of glass bowls for holding my measured ingredients prior to use. "Mise en place" as the French say. But those bowls are lighter, and whereas they might be able to handle vigorous mixing, these Pyrex bowls are proven workhorses.

This is my second set of these bowls - not from breakage - but rather from wanting plenty ready to go when preparing multiple dishes when I don't want to wash them in between! I'd definitely recommend them and give them 5 stars.
on February 21, 2008
I just receved my new set having broken my old 2.5 quart last week. I would suggest as someone else did that you try to pick up the old Corning version from a garage/yard sale if you see them. These new versions are much thinner than the old old ones and as a result have a "delicate" feel to them.

They also have a slightly blue tint to them unlike the orginal clear versions which make me a bit pensive about their durability due to the issues other have had with the blue sets.

Corning appears to have licenced their production out to World Kitchen, LLC now.
on April 4, 2007
If you've always envied the pristine glass bowls all the chefs on foodtv use, then buy these bowls. They're sturdy and gorgeous! love them, love them! I may just buy another set!
on July 29, 2008
Excellent bowls. Excellent price. It is hard to go wrong with this set.
on May 7, 2007
Love these bowls. After 25 years of marriage we treated ourselves to a new set (I broke our old set by dropping the entire stack). Every newlywed couple should have these!
on May 27, 2008
Product just as advertised. I use it to store left over foods in the frig.
on June 2, 2008
This set is excellent value, the price is great. The bowls are very sturdy and can withstand microwaving and baking. I have baked a cake in my largest bowl with absolutely no difficulty (just like my casserole dishes). I replaced one with a cobalt pyrex, which I thought was pretty. However, I realized that because it alters the color as I am mixing, while I like it for serving - the clear is still the best for mixing/baking if you measure things by eye or add food coloring.
I've always liked Pyrex so I purchased this set without hesitation. The sizes are great and they clean up easy. The only concern I have is that once they're nested it can be difficult to pull one out, without fear of chipping the rim. So far it hasn't happened and I'm not sure it will, but I am being careful with them in that aspect.
on October 27, 2007
I bought this set a couple of months ago when I moved into my new house. I can't be happier with them. They are very sturdy and easy to clean. And they actually look very good that I even use them as serve bowls to put on dinner table. This price...I can't ask for more. I bought more pyrex glass stuff after that. They are a bit heavy to use. But once you get used to it, it's no problem at all.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.