Workplace Solutions Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 12 Days of Deals Gifts for Him hggv216 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pet pet pet  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now

Style Name: Without Lid|Size: 3 piece set|Change

Showing 1-10 of 837 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
VINE VOICEon January 7, 2005
If you need some wide, shallow mixing bowls, these are a nice choice. Their design is attractive and basic, and you know the benefits of Pyrex. Before buying, you should consider stainless steel instead, as it is lighter (these are a bit heavy) and won't explode into sharp bits if you drop it on your tile floor. Also, bear in mind that these bowls are shallow, so if you are a messy mixer (or use an electric mixer or a fast whisk), you may end up slopping ingredients out over the side.

Their wide shape and clear material lets them do double duty as informal serving bowls, which a true (high sided) mixing bowl doesn't do very well.

In short, these are nice to have around for certain uses, but choose high-sided stainless steel bowls as your main set.
77 comments| 255 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2015
Been using for about 15 days now. No complaints here. Nice thick, even glass
review image
on October 22, 2005
I have become increasingly fond of glass items in the kitchen. I have purchased glass lids for many of my pots, etc. I prefer to see what is happening during mixing and cooking. Current glass, including Pyrex, is very durable; I have never broken a piece.

These bowls work brilliantly for myriad uses. They go into the oven, microwave, and fridge with aplomb.

PS

I like also the set of small Pyrex bowls, often seen on cooking shows, to hold spices, diced veggies, etc during preparation. These are also available on Amazon.
on September 20, 2012
These are a great set of mixing bowls. They're durable and versatile. You can use them for mixing, baking in the oven, microwaving, storing stuff in the fridge, and they're dishwasher safe. Just make sure you read the instructions as with Pyrex you never want to expose it to extreme temperature changes; for example taking it from the fridge and immediately sticking it into a hot oven, or vise-versa. I learned this the hard way years ago when reheating leftover casserole and after about 2 minutes in the oven it shattered everywhere, and as you could imagine it was quite a mess to clean up!
on February 10, 2015
I read the reviews prior to buying this and I was hesitant to purchase this at first.

Pyrex bowls were originally made of borosilicate glass which could resist thermal shock better.
But Pyrex switched to cheaper soda-lime glass, which is cheaper and more abundant.

Some reviews said their bowls shattered because of exposure to drastic heat changes.

I bought these bowls after much thought. Originally I was going to purchase the SIMAX borosilicate glass mixing bowls, but they were almost 3 times as expensive and out of my budget.

Pyrex has said these bowls were made of heat tempered glass which could withstand heat just as well as borosilicate glass, and another upside to these bowls is that it is more durable, as it made of thicker glass.

However, I am not 100% convinced as I have seen some pictures of shattered Pyrex ovenware. If you want a good lifelong investment I suggest buying a higher quality glass made of borosilicate glass.

Overall, I recommend it because of the affordable price and I have used it twice as a double boiler without any cracks forming yet.
on May 30, 2016
Solid set of mixing/prep bowls in perfect sizes. They are heavy which makes it hard to hand wash, but I'd prefer heavy to light and easily breakable. These withstood a year of college apartment cooking in various hands and have no wear to show for it.
on January 11, 2016
I've been looking for inexpensive mixing bowls that were a decent quality and and could stand up to my general clumsiness. Pyrex has done it again. They are reasonably priced, practical sizes, easy to wash, and have not broken (so far) when dropped. Great purchase!
on February 23, 2016
I"ve had a set of these for years and bought these for my father who needed some bowls. He uses his mostly for cooking oatmeal in his microwave and I use mine for a multitude of things. It is a smart purchase for the price, something you will have for years.
on February 1, 2006
I knew what I was buying, so there weren't any surprises. The only thing I do not like about them is the shallowness; I wanted that feature for storage, but I didn't take into account how easy it is to be messy when mixing. I would suggest having another bowl around for use with an electric mixer. I like them, and I would buy them again...
on April 2, 2016
Great mixing bowls. Can't really say much about them other than it comes in three different sizes, and wish I would've paid more attention when I bought them as I did not get them with the lids. Other than that, they are a good product.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.