Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Size: 8 Cup|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 4,648 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,159 reviews
on February 26, 2014
A long time ago I purchased a set of pyrex measuring cups: 1 cup, 2 cup, and 4 cup. I love them and use them daily. I have found that the one that I use the most is the 2 cup. Because of how often I use this, it seems like it is always dirty. So I finally ordered a second one. But it is not the same! The markings are the same, the handle is the same, but the pour spout is different! My old one pours wonderfully; I can pour it fast or slow and it doesn't spill. The new one has a narrower pour spout. Somehow this causes it to pour down the side of the measuring cup and all over the counter instead of where I want it to go. If I pour very slowly (about the same speed as my slow fridge water), I can sometimes avoid spilling. I almost returned it after the first time I used it and I wish I had; I would rather wash the other one repeatedly while making something than use my new one. I took some pictures to post showing the change, but I cannot seem to find how to do it with this product.

Pyrex: If you change this item back to it's previous standard please let me know! I would love to purchase another that is like the old one I have! :)
review image review image
2222 comments| 596 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2016
Okay, measuring cups are not that complex. They have only a few things to accomplish. One is to allow you to measure liquids or dry goods. The Pyrex does this well. The lettering is clear and it does not wear off. Not being plastic, it is also not going to melt should you accidentally place it on a hot stove top (typically glass ranges).

The other job and one of major importance, is allowing the clean pouring of its contents. This is where the Pyres 2-cup measuring cup fails its intended job. Unless you pour liquids very slowly, you are going to get flooding down the cup all over your counter. I also own an Anchor Hocking 2-cup measuring cup that does not have this issue so I examined the differences in the pouring spouts.

The Pyrex spout is very small and narrow and appears to have been formed simply by pulling the rim. I'm not sure if these are made by heating and forming or whether from some mold, but it is very small, so liquids do not pass well through the spout except at very low velocity.

If you examine the Anchor Hocking brand cups in my photos, you will notice that the spouts are formed much wider and have a less-angular design. The outer edges of the spout is also higher than the upper rim of the cup. These cups pour a lot better than the Pyrex. I just thought people might like to know this because it is a difficult thing to determine without it being pointed out.
on December 13, 2014
I bought this expecting Pyrex thermal shock resistant lab grade glass called borosilicate glass which has always been a trademark of all Pyrex glassware. I was planning on using it by heating it directly on a stove top (approx. 300C) and dropping it into ice to rapidly cool. After doing some research, I found out that Pyrex is not Pyrex anymore. Corning Inc. sold its famed Pyrex brand in 1998 to World Kitchen LLC. World Kitchen LLC, instead of using borosilicate glass, switched to a cheaper alternative, tempered soda-lime glass, which is still great for most of regular cooking uses. For the price of $16 which I paid for this set, it is still a good deal; however, it does not fit my purposes which require glass limiting thermal expansion. "There's no substitute for Pyrex, the original glass bakeware. Introduced 90 years ago and made of a durable, high temperature material, Pyrex remains the ideal medium for safe, dependable food preparation. Use and care: Avoid sudden temperature changes. No stovetop or broiler use. Do not overheat oil or butter. Microwave and dishwasher safe." I guess I have myself to blame for not reading the description thoroughly; however, I find the first half of that statement extremely misleading. This is NOT the product that was introduced "90 years ago." The old product could withstand stovetop and boiler use. I would have no issue with the product if it did not call itself Pyrex.
11 comment| 133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2015
WOW! I'm still on Cloud 9 from my first pancake making and cooking experience with this 8-cup Pyrex thingy. I measured my flour directly in it, added the other spoon-size ingredients, cracked the egg into it, poured in the buttermilk, mixed it all up in the Pyrex, added the bacon fat/grease, stirred it, then poured batter into the frying pan directly from the Pyrex. No spooning and no messy drips. It took me 30+ years to discover this convenience and boy, am I glad I did. Haven't used the cover yet but I'm sure it'll come in handy. This is a great cooking tool.
review image
on March 5, 2017
I bought this set in sept of 2015 because for all of my life (24 years) my mom has owned the same set of Pyrex liquid measuring cups. From that time until now (march 2017) they were great! Was very happy with our purchase at that time. Then this last week I went to measure some milk in my 2 cup and noticed that my lines looked a little funny. Like they had little ridges or something. I thought perhaps it was the sticker. Upon further inspection I noticed the glass was so warped! Then I pulled out my other cups and saw that my 1 cup was warped also!!

I texted my mom and she was amazed that this had happened. Like I said she had been using the same set for close to 25 years. I then started reading the reviews and seeing other people complaining that theirs had shattered when doing things like warming water or putting in the dishwasher. I investigated a little more and saw that in 1998 the company who makes Pyrex starting using a different form of glass which isn't as durable for high temperatures.

I am sad, but will be purchasing the anchor version of these even those these are rated so much higher. I can deal with a sticker pealing over them exposing in my hand.
on February 21, 2016
Pyrex Prepware 1-Quart Measuring Cup

Most of us know what a dribble glass is, even if we've never seen one in person. This measuring cup is the equivalent of a dribble glass, but it's not a funny prank. It's nearly impossible to pour liquid from this cup without having liquid dribble down the front, making a mess of the kitchen and skewing the amount of liquid you measured and needed.

Nothing else is important; Not the type of glass, the weight, the accuracy or durability of the measurement markings - nothing. If it's unusable, why bother? I used this cup twice, cleaned up the mess after each use - and then returned it. Too bad, as Pyrex used to be a trusted name.

I've since purchased a Catamount Glassware 4-Cup Measure and highly recommend it.
on July 14, 2016
I love this set! I just got this today and it happens to be my husbands birthday. We were able to fit his favorite cake mix in the larger cup with room to mix! This was so nice because my 5yr old son loves to cook and help in the kitchen. The pour spout and handle were very convenient for him and allowed him to pour the batter in the cake pan. The Prime Day price was also awesome. I am very happy with this purchase.
I am looking forward to making many cakes, cupcakes, muffins, pancakes, and anything else that i need to make batter for!
review image
on May 23, 2017
Disappointing! C'mon, how can you screw up a measuring cup? I mean it's just one piece with no moving parts. Millions have been made over the last fifty years (at least), which means the design should be refined to perfection. But no, this one has two serious flaws. First, as I was unpacking the measuring cup, I almost cut myself on the sharp edges at the bottom of the handle (where your pinky finger normally rests). It wasn't cracked or chipped, but careless manufacturing left the end of the handle very sharp - easily sharp enough to draw blood. Fortunately, I have some diamond sharpening stones which I used to grind off the sharp edges a bit. Then, I noticed the tiny spout other reviewers mentioned. While I won't say it's unusable as another reviewer claimed, I will say you have to pour more slowly and carefully than should be necessary. Printed on the cup is "Made in USA," which I frankly find embarrassing.
on December 5, 2016
I had a measuring cup that was plastic with the letters lifted up.It worked pretty good but was getting old and discolored.I was having a hard time seeing the writing on it as well. I always wanted a set of measuring cups made of glass. These stood out for me because my kitchen in my efficiency is basically a bedroom closet that was transferred into a counted space with some cabinets and a sink. But it is still a two door closet. The fact that these can fit into each other makes it possible for me to own more than one measuring cup. I love how thick these are. The writing on them is a nice sizr and very permanently stuck on the glass.No concerns about them rubbing off. Only one think to watch for is that the smaller cup kind of gets stuck to the second sized cup when it is inside of it.Just take it out slowly don't force it . It has happen to me twice but if you move the handle sideways it come right out. It's just the handle that sort of grips the side .It's a very nice set. So far no complaints. Want to try heating something in them to test if it is going to break like some of the reviews have stated but to be honest with you,I'm scared,lol.I will keep you posted as I continue using them. Keep the box for a while just in case is what I always recommend with any item you purchase because you never know. I recommend these though.Very glad that I purchased them.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 22, 2016
I have to say I was a little worried after reading the reviews, but for $13.00 I couldn't pass up a set of 3 pyrex glass measuring cups at that price. I was very happy when I received my set. No warping, no problems with pouring, and it's the same pyrex cup set I had last. I needed a new set because after 11 years of daily use, the red measurement lettering was completely gone, I will say they were great for 10 years, and that's why I ordered another set. I've dropped them and they've never broke on me and I expect the same from this set, the glass is just as thick. Great set, great quality. I purchased the 1 cup, 2 cup and 4 cup set. The 1 and 2 cup I have been using in the kitchen, and the 4 cup is strictly reserved for my soap making. This set is going to get a lot of use in my house!