Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 722 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 809 reviews
on April 5, 2016
If you don't already know, pyrex is amazing stuff. Some of the best glass items ever! I ordered these without the lids. I already own a set with the lids and I like those too. I am using these as just mixing bowls instead of storage bowls. I love to use these to mix anything from cake batter to salads to eggs and everything in between. The three different sizes are great. Sometimes you need a smaller bowl, sometimes you need a bigger one. Your needs are pretty well covered with this set. If you don't have a set with lids, I highly recommend getting the lids. I love my set with the lids. They fit great and you don't have to use plastic wrap or tin foil. Plus the bowls and lids clean up great in the dishwasher. I love to cook and do so daily. So these bowls get used A LOT. The quality is so great that they will last you for many years. The glass is hard to break and never stains and food easily comes right off. I love that it's made in the USA! I would definitely recommend these bowls to anyone. Even if you don't cook all the time. When you do cook these will come in handy!
If you found my review helpful, please click the helpful button.
on September 30, 2015
Confirmed from Pyrex (World Kitchen) that this is indeed soda lime glass, not borosilicate like the old Pyrex. Soda lime glass has been in the news because it can explode when going from one temperature extreme to the other. My research says that even taking a hot bowl from the microwave and setting it on a counter can be enough to set it off. Wanted to return it, but would have to pay shipping back so after spending almost $15 would only be refunded about $5. So, we'll keep it and just not use it for heating. Bummer, and all in the name of worshipping the bottom line over providing good product.
44 comments| 143 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2015
Really cool set. I love the price too ($13.99). Even though it says 6 PCS, its actually 3 GLASS bowls and 3 PLASTIC covers (so, total of 6 items). At first when I saw it I though It was 2 sets of those glass mixing bowls. Anyway, the glass seems durable, still I have not used it. Here are the pictures from when I received it in its original box and opened to see...
on September 12, 2016
I affirm that those who love to cook need the standard stainless steel bowl set AND this Pyrex set with lids... I also had the Pyrex bigger bowl, with a rim (same style) for dough work. Being microwave safe is sooooo handy for mixing and immediate heating, the price is very right and I should have bought this set years ago. I have not used them in a hot oven yet (after the exploding glass scare a few years back) but I think they will be fine IF USED CORRECTLY AS ADVISED AND COMMON SENSE INDICATES. (i.e. cold water on a hot rock... boom) I did not buy them for hot oven use. They bundle up together well and I set the lids on top where I can always find them... to simply toss in the reefer for storage. Know that the lids are very snug.
I am careful with the glass bowls... just because... but I use them a lot and have had no problems of any kind.
I don't shill for anyone and I am fussy about the 'functionability' (hmmm) of my kitchen gear. I will update if necessary... but at this early point... I don't remember how I got along without'em.
on July 13, 2016
I am an avid baker. When I do not use my standing mixer, I used to beat my mixtures with an electric hand-held mixer in a plastic bowl. When I began to notice all the scratch on my plastic bowls, I got a bit worried - what if the small pieces of plastic get scratched up into my baking mixture?! These glass bowls are a nice life saver! They are just the right size for just about everything. I use the biggest bowl for mixing big batches of mixtures, and the small ones for mixing sauces. What's nice about it is that they also come with lids, which is a big helper when I need to keep a mixture in the fridge overnight. Very happy with this product!
on May 25, 2017
I dropped the smallest one on the floor by accident and it came up perfectly fine. I mix in them, thaw meat in them, stare at them. They're great! I wish I got ones with lids though...
review image
We absolutely love these! They are a great size, and they have a good weight to them. They clean out easily, which is a huge improvement over my last mixing bowls. We only use these for mixing, so we haven't run into any issues with taking them from one extreme temperature to another. I do think its worth noting though that it warns you not to do that right in the booklet that comes with the bowls. Clear as day, first page. We'll probably end up buying more and completely replacing our mixing bowls with these.
on May 9, 2017
It's what I ordered and wanted.
review image
on May 1, 2017
great price and work as described. I read that you should be careful using these straight out of the fridge and into the oven, so I have avoided that. We usually use these for big salads and storing leftovers.
on December 17, 2016
I love these bowls. I am still using my original set of four that I bought in 2007. They are sturdy, the lids fit snugly, and serve well for all of my food preparation and storage needs. I love that the lids remind me of the capacity of each bowl. I purchased these because I am so hooked on using them that I needed more than four! The bowls nest nicely for storage. I gave a friend a set of these as a gift and she actually got rid of old bowls that she had, preferring these.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.