Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 700 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 786 reviews
on April 5, 2016
If you don't already know, pyrex is amazing stuff. Some of the best glass items ever! I ordered these without the lids. I already own a set with the lids and I like those too. I am using these as just mixing bowls instead of storage bowls. I love to use these to mix anything from cake batter to salads to eggs and everything in between. The three different sizes are great. Sometimes you need a smaller bowl, sometimes you need a bigger one. Your needs are pretty well covered with this set. If you don't have a set with lids, I highly recommend getting the lids. I love my set with the lids. They fit great and you don't have to use plastic wrap or tin foil. Plus the bowls and lids clean up great in the dishwasher. I love to cook and do so daily. So these bowls get used A LOT. The quality is so great that they will last you for many years. The glass is hard to break and never stains and food easily comes right off. I love that it's made in the USA! I would definitely recommend these bowls to anyone. Even if you don't cook all the time. When you do cook these will come in handy!
If you found my review helpful, please click the helpful button.
on September 30, 2015
Confirmed from Pyrex (World Kitchen) that this is indeed soda lime glass, not borosilicate like the old Pyrex. Soda lime glass has been in the news because it can explode when going from one temperature extreme to the other. My research says that even taking a hot bowl from the microwave and setting it on a counter can be enough to set it off. Wanted to return it, but would have to pay shipping back so after spending almost $15 would only be refunded about $5. So, we'll keep it and just not use it for heating. Bummer, and all in the name of worshipping the bottom line over providing good product.
44 comments| 128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2015
Really cool set. I love the price too ($13.99). Even though it says 6 PCS, its actually 3 GLASS bowls and 3 PLASTIC covers (so, total of 6 items). At first when I saw it I though It was 2 sets of those glass mixing bowls. Anyway, the glass seems durable, still I have not used it. Here are the pictures from when I received it in its original box and opened to see...
on May 2, 2017
We absolutely love these! They are a great size, and they have a good weight to them. They clean out easily, which is a huge improvement over my last mixing bowls. We only use these for mixing, so we haven't run into any issues with taking them from one extreme temperature to another. I do think its worth noting though that it warns you not to do that right in the booklet that comes with the bowls. Clear as day, first page. We'll probably end up buying more and completely replacing our mixing bowls with these.
on July 13, 2016
I am an avid baker. When I do not use my standing mixer, I used to beat my mixtures with an electric hand-held mixer in a plastic bowl. When I began to notice all the scratch on my plastic bowls, I got a bit worried - what if the small pieces of plastic get scratched up into my baking mixture?! These glass bowls are a nice life saver! They are just the right size for just about everything. I use the biggest bowl for mixing big batches of mixtures, and the small ones for mixing sauces. What's nice about it is that they also come with lids, which is a big helper when I need to keep a mixture in the fridge overnight. Very happy with this product!
on December 17, 2016
I love these bowls. I am still using my original set of four that I bought in 2007. They are sturdy, the lids fit snugly, and serve well for all of my food preparation and storage needs. I love that the lids remind me of the capacity of each bowl. I purchased these because I am so hooked on using them that I needed more than four! The bowls nest nicely for storage. I gave a friend a set of these as a gift and she actually got rid of old bowls that she had, preferring these.
on September 3, 2015
I never had one complaint about pyrex brand of glass bake-ware or prepping bowls. Clear, thick glass as to be expected from this brand. I've used these to blend plenty of items in and they have stood up well to repeated use. I only hand wash these bowls ( partly because no dishwasher ) and they live up to their name. The smaller bowl can fit into a standard sized microwave. I heated something in a microwave in the smaller bowl and I didn't have any issues with it. Over all for the quality and price, I'd highly recommend.
on November 20, 2014
I needed some bowls for storage and mobility for things like picnics and neighborhood potlucks, so I bought these bowls thinking that I'd use them a few times a year. As it turns out, these bowls are incredibly useful, and I find that I use them all the time. They are good sizes, and the lids fit on very tightly (in fact, they aren't that easy to get off, but I think that's a good thing), so I know that the food inside is secure.

The bowls themselves are surprisingly sturdy and heavier than I expected. All in all, this was a great purchase, and I may have to order another set for occasional use. ;)
on September 15, 2015
On the bowls themselves, I love them. They best, but the grip well, handle hot and cold mixing pretty well and clean easy. I am concerned for shatterproofing, but only because one arrived shattered. So handle them like they are made of glass and it should work ok.

I do suspect I will be leary of WK products, unless in the future I know I can return to someone else, like Amazon. So the largest of the three bowls arrived shattered. I had frustration free packaging, which has never failed me before. The little paper introducing this as a World Kitchen product requested that I return items to World Kitchen rather than Amazon -- which I attempted to do. I've been on the phone for several hours a day, several days a week, trying to get to someone to talk to. It took so long that I used the two smaller bowls - in fact, I still do. Consequently, I wasn't sure I could return it to Amazon, and didn't try. It also kept me on the phone with a promise of someone to talk to that I can no longer leave seller feedback. Which I'll track more closely next time.
on November 26, 2014
Pyrex a name we can trust, most people grew up hearing about Pyrex constantly. The many containers used whether round/square with great baked/cooked meals, and favorite dinner meal memories. I have experienced different tastes when baking/cooking in glassware or Pyrex, rather than using aluminum pans. I have heard many people state that various/different types/brands of cookware used, can enhance a meal, bringing out more flavors in the dish/recipe/meal. The reasonable price makes this a good deal for the 3-Pyrex bowl set. If you do quite a bit of cooking, baking, and microwaving, this would be a good set to purchase for your household needs.

These bowls are convenient for use, instead of aluminum or steel pan baking containers. They come in three different sizes; 1, 1.5, and 2.5 quart bowls, with plastic covers for each bowl. The advantage to view and monitor what is being cooked through the glass vs. constantly pulling out the baking pans is a plus, especially when you have a lot of menu items loaded in your oven.

I like the fact that the glass is great for pre-heated ovens, microwaves, fridge, freezer, and dishwasher safe. The lids are convenient so that plastic wrap, plates, or aluminum foil is not necessary to cover the bowls when storing foods. It is great that the glass does not absorb stains or odors. I have used my set a few times, and my baking/cooking experience has been easier, viewing my meals/recipes, baking, without constantly pulling out oven rack to view the progress of my meals. I also enjoy that they are not hard to wash, removing baked/cooked food stains.

They are convenient for those who love to store food in their fridge. Some people use them as containers to store dry foods/cereals, etc. They also make wonderful gifts for people who love to cook/bake, and store food in containers. I am pleased with these products, as Seller has described them accurately. I would recommend to others, including Amazon Customers, and would purchase this product again in the future.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.