Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,069 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,398 reviews
on June 16, 2015
The lids are supposed to be safe to cover in the fridge, freezer and microwave just not in the oven. However the first time I tried using it to half cover a bowl I was heating up in the microwave, it got completely warped and is now unusable. Great other than the microwave problem.
review image review image
on December 11, 2015
My plastic food storage container cabinet was a disaster! I was distressed every time I opened the door! Because of the various sizes/shapes of the containers, it was hard to organize and KEEP organized; some of it was stained and pitted because my husband doesn't follow directions and used it in the microwave, and I was tired of NOT being ABLE to use it in the microwave. I would store leftovers in the plastic, but had to transfer food to another container to reheat, so I had twice the dishes to wash and ended up saving no time. This only added to my frustration. Finally, I had had it. I vowed to change and I did! I got rid of all but a few select pieces of plastic and am replacing it all with Pyrex. I am satisfied with this set, but do take note of the sizes of the rectangular containers--the picture is misleading, so read the capacity--they are 3-cup and 6-cup. They appear larger.
on February 23, 2016
These are okay (a little disappointing), not bad - but certainly not great either. Pyrex has been a household brand in my family for a few generations, mainly used by my grandmother for a lot of her cooking needs. My grandmother, mother and I, have all had many Pyrex products, from measuring cups, pie plates, glass mixing bowls etc. But sadly, this is not one of Pyrex's better quality products - I guess expected more from Pyrex. I purchased this set a little over 3 years ago, and while I still have it, I don't use it much.

The main issue I have with my set is, a few of the lids do not really seal the container tightly like they are supposed to. One lid I can lift it off with my pinky, no effort at all to remove it. Now if I put foil, or saran wrap over the bowl first, THEN add the lid, it works. But then doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose? This of course would be the con to this set, the pro is that the glass bowls and glass pans are still very functional, and will get used more as serving dishes, rather than for storage.

Anyway, unless by now Pyrex has listened/read these reviews (complaints), and fixed the issues mentioned by many of us, then you are better off to look elsewhere - as there are better options out there.

*P.S. I would have returned this Pyrex set, but I was in the middle of getting ready to move, and unfortunately I didn't discover the lids being an issue until it was too late to return them. Oh well, like I said they make good serving dishes. :)
on December 28, 2015
My family has slowly tried to transition to more glass products instead of plastic, and one of the first changes we made were with our food storage containers. These are heavy-duty containers -- I've even dropped one on concrete and it didn't break! The biggest benefit is that we never have to worry about toxins leaching into our food from heating food in these containers, and there's never any staining or gross smells from previous uses. My only complaint about these containers is that the tops have warped a bit over time. I try to be mindful and not heat the tops or put them in the dishwasher, but we've still experienced issues with them. Otherwise, I'm very happy with these containers and even purchased a second set.
on March 2, 2016
I hate to say this, but this is one of the worst Pyrex products that I have ever bought. So bad, that I thought I may have been shipped counterfeit products, only to find out they were real.

In short, the lids have nothing to grab onto glass wise. There is no lip, and this is not shown in any of the product pictures. What ends up happening is, if you have any sort of liquid in them, it sloshes out. If you have food in them and, say, want to take that food somewhere like work or to a relatives, the lids just pop off.

This also makes it a nightmare for food storage. Everything in them either dries out or spoils easier because the lids in no way seal. They just sit loosely on top.

There are some awesome Pyrex products out there, however, this is not one of them. Look elsewhere.
on April 2, 2016
You can't go wrong with a brand like Pyrex! This is a really great set. I love the size of the containers. The perfect size for an extra serving or two of leftovers. I have replaced most of my plastic containers with glass ones from Pyrex. They are so easy to clean and store and just feel more substantial than flimsy plastic ware. I love that these can be thoroughly cleaned in the dishwasher and don't hold stains and odors that plastics tend to. These tend to fit well in my fridge too - I enjoy the compact size and shape of this set. I plan to buy another set in the near future!
on January 25, 2015
I have had these for a while and I mostly use them to store food in the fridge. When I first started using it for microwaving purposes, the plastic lid melted on the edge and had not been able to close properly. Tonight, when I put one of the smaller bowls (taken out from a cabinet under room temperature - it was not even taken out from the fridge) in the microwave for a minute and half to heat up some sesame seeds, the glass container exploded into pieces with a loud bang! Luckily, my microwave door did not spring open or it would have been really bad. When I opened the microwave door, some tiny pieces of glass fell on the counter and into the bowls that are on the counter and have my prepped dinner ingredients. I did not know there was glass pieces in my prepped food until I chewed on them! Luckily, they were small enough and there was no major injury. I immediately threw my dinner away. It also took me some time to clean up the mess in the kitchen.

This is quite a terrifying experience, and I will not put any of these bowls in the microwave again.
review image
22 comments| 128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 24, 2016
I purchased the Pyrex Simply Store 10-Piece Glass Food Storage Set in hopes of getting rid of all of my plastic storage contains. Overall I am very happy with this storage series and the price. Plastic and foil wrap, ziplock bags or plastic containers just doesn't compare. I've used this to store baking ingredients such as flour and sugar, leftovers from dinner, meats and other items in the freezer. I have microwaved them, stacked them in the freezer, cleaned them by hand and in the dishwasher without any issues. I do wish they were a little bigger, you are limited with a couple of sizes that come in this set. I am always a little worried about ordering glass products through the mail, these came well packed and nothing was broken. I purchased this set for $17.28 (prime) and I have seen similar sets in stores going for much more.
on February 14, 2016
Love this pyrex set. Has all the basic pieces you need. I got another one from BF sale as well as the amazon set. I actually forgot I bought this one somehow, but the more pyrex, the merrier. Large for lasagne, ziti or casserole and medium sizes for side dishes. I like the medium round size to take for lunch too. The small one for fruit to work or to store sauces. I am slowly going away from plastic which degrades over time and who knows what leeches from it and you can't bake with it. Glass is great for both baking and storing with the tops.
on July 5, 2016
hey are solid! I don't worry that a bump on the counter will cause a crack. The covers snap on tightly - and no broken fingernails trying to get the cover off. The three rectangular dishes nest together as do the two square pieces. Two sets do not nest together, however. The covers take up quite a bit of room, almost as much as as the containers. These are small containers, but just perfect for us, a household of two. I really like being able to go directly from the refrigerator to the microwave, and that I can microwave in them without warping, bubbling or discoloration. I researched quite a bit before ordering these and am not disappointed at all. I am glad I ordered two initially.