Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pyrex Storage Plus 20 Piece Container Set
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

on September 13, 2010
I just got these and was so disappointed and frustrated. The lids are almost impossible to put on--as one other reviewer said--and I should have listened. I called the company and they suggested that I put the lids under hot water and then the lids will fit, which I did, but I have to do it every time. What a pain. And they leak. My niece bought me snap wear and they're amazing. I would recommend them whole heartedly. Sorry pyrex, you have to fix this problem.
on January 1, 2011
I ordered this as a gift for someone who is trying to replace all of their plastic storage ware. They already had several pieces of Pyrex,but wanted a variety of additional pieces. This set does have a large array of sizes and shapes; however, there are two areas of complaint. First, free shipping did not apply despite the almost $40.00 cost of this item. Second, the lids DO NOT fit on the 1 cup size bowls, even after soaking them in very hot water as recommended by the customer service representative from the manufacturer. A similar configuration can be obtained by ordering the 6 piece ( 3 vessel) rectangular set and the 14 piece (7 vessel) round set. The price is about the same, but there are no 1 cup rounds, thus avoiding the lid challenges.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 27, 2010
I ditched all my old crappy Tupperware and Rubbermaid containers in favor of a couple of these Pyrex sets. No complaints except I wish the set came with more than two of the largest size containers. The smaller ones are nice for packing lunches but don't hold a large quantity of leftovers. I have not had any trouble with the lids not fitting, and they seem pretty airtight. I have noticed that they need to be "burped" like Tupperware for best results. I like the versatility of these, as they go from fridge to freezer to microwave without having to dirty a bunch of containers. This 20-piece set is nice to get you started with all the sizes. A great way to minimize exposure to plastics and the lids are BPA free. These are heavy, and I purchased some Lunchbots and a couple of reusable snack baggies since my lunch bag was super heavy when only using Pyrex, not to mention highly breakable!
on November 22, 2011
I only wash lids in the top of the dish washer. Two lids have shrunk and one of those cracked. There are better plastics out there that won't do that. I hope they improve in the future. I would not recommend this set because of the lids.
on September 15, 2010
I am using these pyrex dishes to replace all my nasty plasticware that has stained and gotten funky white chalky "ick", no matter what the brand was, or how much i paid for them. My friend and i replaced almost all our plasticware with these Pyrex dishes and we are SO happy. I use them all the time from fridge to microwave, food prep, storage etc. I got this 20pc set and yet another set in different sizes later, b/c i loved them so much. The sizes are all convenient and handy, i have used every one of them. They also look nice in the fridge and i can see what's in the bowl, so no forgotten leftovers. The smallest bowl is the only one i find difficult to get the lid onto...mostly when its cold. It just requires a little pressure as you push down around whole edge. Again its only the smallest 1cup bowl that requires this. Its not a big deal that i have experienced. Either Pyrex improved these, or other reviewers haven't had tupper**** brand plastic...b/c i have had the same issue with that brand. You can also warm it up in water to soften the lid for ease. I have not experienced leaking at all, and my hubby even takes them in his lunchbox, so they better not. :)
on March 21, 2013
i bought this thinking it would replace my plastic containers in my pantry.
i found them to be way too heavy to do that. however i do like that you can bake, store, freeze and microwave using these.
the square pans are nice for unique sizing on cakes etc and the lids fit snugly.
good product.
on September 25, 2010
I read all the reviews and bought the 20 piece set first, then went back and bought the 14 piece set as well. I found the lowest prices at a local dept. store, and pyrex was offering a $10. rebate per each set as well. I read the reviews of the trouble closing the small round covers. If you press along the outside edges they go on great, just as one reviewer stated. I'm only giving 4 stars because I think pyrex could have gone the extra mile & made the lids leak proof. But I use the containers for all foods/soups and love them way better than tupperware. I would not recommend them for traveling however, just because they are glass. I also agree with another reviewer that the sets with smaller containers get used more often for leftovers than the larger ones, which I like to marinate meats in. A great upgrade, and they look clean and clear in the fridge.
on October 8, 2013
I know the Pyrex brand has stood the test of time, but I'm a little disappointed by my container set. I've already had two bowls that have chipped and I really have no idea how that happened. Otherwise, I do like having glass containers instead of plastic containers around the house.
on November 30, 2013
I changed over from my plastic storage set to the Pyrex storage. I hate smells left behind in anything. I was always having to soak everything in bleach, and the lids were hard to clean. I ordered 4 different sets to be sure I have plenty to choose from size wise. The glass containers are thick and heavy. There were a lot of complaints in the comment section regarding the lids being too loose. All of my lids fit air tight, I only have 2 very small rectangle containers, and those 2 lids are a smidge loose, but nothing to worry about.
on January 21, 2014
These were severely beat up in shipping. I ordered them for a Christmas gift and didn't have time to mess with sending them back for new ones. We bought a different version at a store and called it good. This set of containers went into the dumpster.