Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 227 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 425 reviews
on December 28, 2014
what hasn't been said about this awesome album? I have to admit, I went to high school in the eighties and heard "Photograph" for the first time at an event. Def Leppard, despite having been MTV darlings, made something close to art in this album. it's commercial, punk, metal, leading the way for bands, but did anyone really listen, is anybody out there, does anybody care? Themselves, Def Leppard show the influence of Robert Plant without the blues or depth, AC/DC without the rehab, and Steven Tyler's delivery without the poor writing of most of Toys in the Attic (which is a two song album I would argue). But has anyone learned from the allout blitzkrieg on the senses and the pre-digital genius of recording and producing here? the album is analog and eternal and mainstays on the radio still. other great songs are Stagefright, and Rock of Ages. Another point is that the band and producer were trying to capture the band's sound in each track. It's a search for the best song, best production. don't miss a great piece of music history. category is metal pop, lyrics printed on the insert.
on March 29, 2014
I was 10 years old when this album was released. I loved it and wore it out in the the course of a summer. I could not get enough of it. Now, 34 years later I consider one of my top favorite albums of all time. The engineering, mixing, producing ect. was great for that time period. In fact it was not hot mastered like todays rock albums. And the song writing was totally original for that time period. This album has staying power and will go down in history with the best early 80s albums. The only albums from that year that even compares is a couple of Van Halen or Kiss albums.
Unfortunatly Def Leopard sold out after Pyromania with some "pour some sugar on me crap". Probably because the main song writer/ghitarist left the band to join Tesla for a few great albums until he died.
Still this album is worthy of being in any Rock collection. It is truly fantastic!
on September 3, 2014
This album rocks! Awesome Rock CD, Best Rock Metal CD of the 80's decade. This CD puts Motley Crue, Ratt and Poison to shame.
This music is better than Hysteria. The music is raw and heavy but polished so every song is enjoyable to rock out too. I enjoy this music more now than I did in 1983. Def Leppard still rocks. You will not fall asleep with these tunes.I hear this CD everyday and I cannot believe it was released in 1983. No wonder it sold 10 million copies. After rocking out to this CD I had to go buy the deluxe version that comes with the Live at LA Forum 1983 recording. All in all every serious rock music lover must have this CD. The best songs are NOT Photograph or Foolin or Rock of Ages. The best songs are
Rock Rock Till You Drop
StageFreight
Die Hard The Hunter
Billys Got a Gun
on March 12, 2015
Purchased "Pyromania" from Amazon on Vinyl as it this and "Hysteria" take me back to a much younger time in my life. If you like Def Leppard and you have the means to get a few of their Albums on Vinyl you won't regret the purchase. My friends jaws drop when I pull this out to play it. They're amazed at the quality from my turn-table, It's flawless, and sounds nearly like a digital CD (now it's up to me to care for it to make sure it stays that way). I gave it 5 stars because that's all I could give it, but it is well deserved of the 5 plus start rating. Don't have a turn table, search for one, make sure you get a decent one. You don't have to spend thousands. Even the newer less expensive ones do very well.
on July 18, 2009
When I heard earlier this year that Def Leppard was releasing deluxe editions of Pyromania and Adrenalize, I was ecstatic, to say the least. The only downside was that I had to wait 3 months to get my hands on them, but for Pyromania, the wait was definitely worth it.

The deluxe edition is a must-have for any Lep fan. It contains all 10 tracks from the original album remastered on disc 1, as well as a complete live concert recorded at the LA forum in 1983 on disc 2. I've heard some complain that the remastering on the first disc isn't that noticeable, but I can't agree with that. Comparing the tracks on the deluxe edition with tracks from the original 1983 release, you'd have to be deaf to not hear the improvement. The sound is clearer, crisper, and brings new energy into the songs that you can't get with the originals. This is especially great if you happen to like songs off the album that weren't necessarily big hits and haven't yet been re-released and remastered on a compilation album ("Comin' Under Fire" happens to be my second favorite song on Pyromania, and I was always disappointed at not having a remastered version of the song, but now I do!).

While the remastering is a great treat, the second disc is really what makes the deluxe edition a must-have. Its 15 tracks cover an entire Def Leppard concert at the LA Forum in 1983 (and I do mean the entire concert...they even left in Phil and Steve's guitar solos). While bootlegs of the concert have been around for ages, the mastered recordings on the deluxe edition sound SO much better. Joe's voice sounds great (he was only 24 and at his prime) and the instrumental backup he has from Phil, Steve, Sav, and Rick is just absolute perfection. For many, this is also the only time you'll ever get to hear professional, mastered live recordings of some of Def Leppard's earlier songs off High 'N' Dry, since there are no other recordings of these save for some extremely rare limited release DVDs.

To sum it up, Pyromania the Deluxe Edition is worth every penny it costs. In my opinion, it should've been released a lot earlier (I'm surprised it didn't come out with the deluxe edition of Hysteria) but better late than never! Any true Def Leppard fan should pick one up as soon as possible and even casual listeners should seriously consider owning a copy.
on September 11, 2016
Well worth the cost.The sound blows away the original cd version which actually sounded decent.All the deluxe edition def leppard stuff sounds amazing.I'm a picky listener and have all types of cds, audio fidelity, gold cds, japan mini lp cd including some of the shm ones, remastered cds etc.Anyway this is a nice package and sounds as good as anything out there.Highly recommended.
on November 29, 2007
Very few times does an album stand the test of time for good song writing and being all killer, no filler. Pyromania lives up to this billing as a record that is as seminal in the pantheon of 80's metal as Quiet Riot's Metal Health. If you are expecting the hair metal of Pour Some Sugar on Me or Let's Get Rocked or Rocket, you will be disappointed. This is a metal album with radio friendly pop hooks, lyrics that will not change the world but are solid, and fine musicianship. The song Foolin' is worth the price of the CD alone as probably the only non-whimpy 80's power ballad. Pyromania is the most solid and even of the early Def Leppard albums, though High 'n Dry is close to this level. If you like metal but were put off by some of their later dross that you heard on TV or the radio, this is the album to pick up... the album before they jumped the shark and tried to be hair metal gods.
on January 7, 2015
Great album, had the cassette when it came out in the 80's. I think this was their best work. I remember they had a single "Bringing On the Heartache" before this came out which had a lot of radio play and the song was a big hit introducing Def Leppard, but not much else off that album. Then the hit "Photograph was released, much bigger, on the radio all the time. I liked it so much had to buy it and was not disappointed.
on June 29, 2015
Although Def Leppard's "Hysteria" album was their biggest seller, their first 3 albums are their best music. Pyromania is the 3rd and best, in my humble opinion. Got it for $5 - you can't download the MP3 album that cheap! Buy it - rip it - crank it up !!
on October 16, 2015
I can hear some subtly improvements in this over the original CD I have. All the bonus material is worth the price. Some great live material!