|Price:||$234.00 & FREE Shipping. FREE Returns. Details|
- This Latin talisman reads 'Virtus Sibi Premium', meaning 'Virtue is its own Reward'. The fleur de lys is symbolic of light and life.
- Pieces in the Pyrrha collection are cast in reclaimed sterling silver, bronze and 14k yellow gold using authentic 18th and 19th century wax impressions and imagery. Every design has a symbolic meaning culled from heraldry
- This talisman is paired with an 18 inch oxidized sterling silver Pyrrha branded cable chain
- Designed and handcrafted in Vancouver, Canada
- Comes with a hand torn meaning card
The pride of French chivalry can be yours to wear with the Pyrrha "Wax Seals" Five Fleur-De-Lis Crest Necklace, which displays the French symbol of light and life. The motto curving below reads "Virtus Sibi Premium," which translates as "Virtue Is Its Own Reward." The pieces in the Pyrrha line are cast in reclaimed silver, bronze, and 14k gold, from authentic 19th century wax seals. Every design has a symbolic meaning based in heraldry. The pendant hangs from an 18-inch cable chain that fastens with a lobster-claw clasp. This is a beautiful accessory with a beautiful message.
Wade Papin and Danielle Wilmore don’t try to hide the fact that they are self-taught jewelry designers. In fact, they cite it as one of the reasons for their success. From their Vancouver studio, a 100-year-old converted house, the pair craft the heraldic seal talismans that have become the Pyrrha signature using techniques that evolved from trial and error and a disregard for rules. “Jewelers traditionally try to make everything look flawless” says Papin, “but we like to show the maker’s hand. We celebrate the flaws.” Pyrrha’s most recent incarnation came about after the designers were inspired by a box of 19th century wax seals. “Making jewelry out of them was inspired by a desire to give the seals new life and permanence” says Danielle. “As we started researching the imagery in the seals, we were intrigued by the richness of the symbolism. A protection symbol can have many faces: eagle wings, dragons, gryphons.”
Pyrrha has appeared in numerous magazines and newspapers including InStyle, O, Nylon, The New York Times, Lucky, Elle, and Glamour, has regular appearances on TV and in film, and has a celebrity client list that includes Taylor Swift, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Reese Witherspoon, Miley Cyrus, Brad Pitt, Jodie Foster, Emma Thompson, Ashton Kutcher, and Taylor Lautner.
As their business has grown, Wade and Danielle have remained solidly connected to their Vancouver base. They are firmly committed to local production. Pyrrha jewelry is made with reclaimed silver and gold, made without chemical cleaners, and packaged in recyclable containers and biodegradable bags. Both vegetarians, Wade and Danielle have made environmental responsibility a priority in a business which hasn’t typically been green. Their design direction is largely a reaction to the proliferation of overseas factory-made, mass-produced jewelry that is so common in their industry. Wade explains “everything seems to be cranked out at a staggering pace and then left for dead. Because we live in such a throwaway society, it’s necessary to create some things that can be kept.”
- Product Dimensions: 4.7 x 2.9 x 0.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B004VT49SK
- Item model number: N1968-18
- Date first available at Amazon.com: May 10, 2011
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Pyrrha|
|Metal stamp||925 Sterling|
|Package||Oversized Medium box|