Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
If you ignore the fact that this is a B-movie, and set your acting and CGI standards lower then from something like "STAR WARS: REVENGE OF THE SITH" (actually...MUCH lower), then you may get a kick out of this flick.
Dont be quick to judge like the others that ripped this film. It was a great snake flick.
Anything involving a snake is sure to be cheesey. All the actors
have proven that they could act in the past.(Yes, even Casper Van Dien.) The conclusion, That's what the movie was called for.
Oh, and for that Wes remarke, Learn to seperate the character from the actor. It's been over ten years, get over it. In closing
I repeat once more, THE ACTOR'S CAN REALLY ACT. In all cheesey movies, even the acting gets horribble. Even from the greatest of actors. I take back that all the actors have proven themselves. Jenny, get good.
The hero of the film is the cyclist who has a falling out with his brother over EPA standards for the chemical processing plant full of huge vats of acid they have inherited. There are subplots about camping holidays, annoying realtors, a crazed herpetologist (Robert Englund, who intermittently produces a small snake from his pocket and cuddles with it), and the State Department (of course). To add to the malaise there are moronic government agents (led by Casper Van Dien, who sports the worst accent in recent history), and an overly enthusiastic cop who makes Barney Fife look genuinely menacing.
Along the way important lessons are learned: first, understand that squirting baby shampoo at a 130 foot long snake which shoots acid out of its mouth will not repel the snake, however, it may eat your shower curtain; and second, remember that when fleeing for your life on a bicycle from a huge snake capable of crawling at 50 miles per hour, it is important to stop to put on your bike helmet and sunglasses before starting to run from the rapidly encroaching menace. These are just two of the helpful pointers you will learn from "Python". The ending of the film is extremely predictable from the point where we learn that the protagonist co-owns an acid factory. I'll give you a clue, it involves the game of hide and seek, and the snake is "it".Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The movie was totally ruined. All scratched and won't even play at all. The reviews for the person I bout it from were high and then I got the movie and it didn't work!Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
One of the better killer snake movies. A very enjoyable b-movie.Published 11 months ago by Theshadow423
bought used that was digitally messed up at start, then first scene was nothing but porn!! trashed that movie fastPublished 19 months ago by Sandra Schmidt
I don't know why this movie is constantly compared to Anaconda, snakes aside, it's not even close in concept. Read morePublished 22 months ago by Einsatz
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > 4-for-3 DVD
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Horror
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Monsters & Mutants
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Action > General
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > All Fox Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Science Fiction > General