|Item Weight||4.35 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||11.8 x 5.5 x 14 inches|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number Of Pieces||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
QMP603 Two Stage Countertop Water Filter System
|Price:||$64.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Holds two standard 10-inch X 2.5-inch filters (sold separately - choose from a wide selection of options)
- Diverter valve switches between filtered and unfiltered water
- Connected faucet allows direct access to purified water
- White color and slim shape complements most kitchen designs
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The QMP603 Two Stage Countertop Water Filter system accommodates a range of filter cartridges, to suit your specific needs. The recommended standard is a sediment filter in the first stage, with a carbon filter in the second. Treat yourself to fresh water right at your own kitchen counter. This compact, stand-alone system is easily portable and cleanable. It makes a great starter system for apartment dwellers, and others interested in better-tasting, filtered water for the health of their household.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
High-quality all metal Diverter Valve (the thing that switches filtered water on and off) shuts off automatically after dispensing filtered water (no more forgetting to switch off valve before using hot water!). These types of Diverter Valves sell individually for $10 - $15. - see photo
Smaller profile (at least an inch shorter) and cleaner lines than my old Crystal Quest system. - see photo
My only complaint is that order was delayed and arrived later than initial estimate, but Seller explained this was due to delay on Supplier's side.
Unit doesn't come with filters, but filters are produced under industry size standards by many manufacturers, so your options are vast.
I bought top of the line filters from PureEffect Filters (Fluorsorb and Superblock), and they fit perfectly.
An excellent deal for buyers seeking a high-quality filter system that allows them the option of choosing their own filters.
So far, so easy, this is my second countertop filter (I previously had one from a different brand) and I love it.
High quality construction. Solid mechanism. Good flexibility for filter mediums (ie. the actual filters you use). The benefit of buying a system that lets you choose your filters is that it's adaptable. In LA I want to control for chlorine and VOCs. But if I lived somewhere else, I may be more interested in filtering lead or sediments. With the two stages, I can double up on Chlorine control or I can have a sediment and a Chlorine control. It's really great.
- High-quality construction. My previous countertop filter had poor connectors and we had to jerry-rig the system so that the filter didn't leak at the faucet or threaten to fly off if the pressure was too high. This item is heavy duty construction and I like it.
- Filter's switch-off mechanism is spring set. This means that to start the faucet, you pull the tab on the filter to run the water through the filter (standard), but to stop it, you have to switch off the water at the faucet. At first I thought this was a drawback, but it is a HUGE advantage and here's why: it prevents you from accidentally running hot water through the system (which is bad: don't run hot water through the filter, you'll ruin the filter). Because the filter spring loads to "off" whenever you turn off the tap, you'll never accidentally turn on the hot water while the filter is still engaged. Love this feature.
- Comes with pre-loaded filters, which is nice, but I just loaded my own filters and am keeping the default ones as back up if they're ever needed.
- Gives you a lot of choice of actual filter medium. I like to choose my own filter medium (ie. the actual filter that you put inside the plastic casings) to best meet my needs. Many countertop filters are brand specific: you buy the filter mechanism from Manufacturer X? You have to buy the actual filters from Manufacturer X. Which is basically artificially locking you into a system. Not these guys. These guys use a standard filter format, so any of the standard 10 inch filters will fit. I like the Matrikx filters because they have a huge range, and I can select the specific filtering I need. (For LA, if you are interested, I use the Matrikx CTO+3 (3 micron filter) MatriKX (15-250-125-975) 9.75"x2.75" CTO +3 Carbon Block High Adsorptive Capacity 3 Micron Filter and CTO Plus (CTO Comprehensive) KX Matrikx 01-250-125-975 High Capacity Chemical, Chlorine Taste and Odor Reduction Filter, 10-Inch. Does a great job.)
- This is a very small complaint, but the spout for the filtered water is very "close in" to the mechanism, which means I have no choice but to place the filter right on the edge of the sink. If the spout was longer, then I could sit my filter squarely on the countertop, without having to set it on the uneven surface of my overmount sink. Not a big deal.
- Because the shut off is spring loaded, when you turn off the water, it doesn't stop the water immediately. It's not a huge deal, but I mention it because if you're expecting your filtered water spout to stop the moment you turn off your water, that won't happen. It will run down for a couple of seconds before stopping.
the difference is two stages can allow you to eliminate almost anything in your water.