|Item model number||TVS-472XT|
|Operating System||QTS based on Linux|
|Item Weight||11.9 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||11 x 7.8 x 7.4 inches|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||11 x 7.8 x 7.4 inches|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Date First Available||December 5, 2018|
4 Year Office Equipment Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
QNAP TVS-472XT-PT-4G-US 4 Bay Thunderbolt 3 NAS with 4GB RAM, 10GbE, M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD slots
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Intel Pentium Gold G5400T 2-core 3 1 GHz processor Architecture 64-bit Graphics Intel UHD Graphics 610
- 4 GB SODIMM DDR4 (Max 32GB)
- 2 x Thunderbolt Ports
- 1 x 10GBase-T RJ45
- 2 x Pie slots ( 1 Pre-installed with Thunderbolt 3 adapter)
- 2 x M 2 2280 Pie (Gen3 x2) NV Me slots
- 5 USB ports ( 1 x USB 3 0 2 x USB Type-C 3 1 Gen 2 2 x USB Type-A 3 1 Gen 2)
- 1 x HDMI 2 0 up to 3840 x 2160 @60Hz
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Speed that Transforms Businesses
Thunderbolt 3 and 10GbE enables high-speed file sharing and efficient collaboration throughout your business. Use M.2 SSD's to further accelerate your storage to tackle heavy workflows.
Disaster Recovery Solutions
Data loss can happen to anyone. Even if a file was accidentally deleted, Snapshots fully records your system, protecting files and data from accidental deletion and malware attacks.
Music, Movies, and More
• An audiophile's dream, build the ultimate high-fidelity music server with Roon compatibility.
• PLEX integration gives the best entertainment experience while 4K hardware transcoding ensures smooth playback.
QNAP TVS-x72XT Series
Breakthrough performance and outstanding connectivity with 10GbE, Thunderbolt 3, and M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD slots
Powered by up to an 8th generation Intel Core i5 processor, the high-performance TVS-x72XT Series features both 10GBASE-T and Thunderbolt 3 high-bandwidth connectivity for tackling heavy workloads and smoothly transferring, displaying and editing 4K videos in real-time. With M.2 SSD support and the ability to install a graphics card, theTVS-x72XT Series provides the ability to boost performance and create a scalable working environment for collaboration and high-speed file sharing. The TVS-x72XT Series is driven by high-quality hardware that delivers optimum performance, comprehensive multimedia features, expandable storage capacity, and numerous other NAS functionalities to inspire greater creativity.
- Up to an Intel Core i5 6-core Processor
- Up to Intel UHD Graphics 630
- Up to 16 GB RAM
- 1 x 4K HDMI 2.0 @ 60Hz
- 2 x M.2 slots
- 1 x 10GbE RJ-45 Port
- 2 x Thunderbolt 3 Ports (Also compatible as Type-C USB 3.1 Gen2 5V/3A 10Gbps)
- 2 x Type-A USB 3.1 Gen2 5V/1A 10Gbps
Powered by an 8th Generation Intel Pentium Gold processor, the high-performance TVS-472XT NAS features both 10GBase-T and Thunderbolt 3 high-bandwidth connectivity for tackling heavy workloads and smoothly transferring, displaying and editing 4K videos in real-time. With M. 2 SSD support and the ability to install a graphics card, The TVS-472XT provides the ability to boost performance and create a scalable working environment for collaboration and high-speed file sharing. The TVS-472XT is driven by high-quality hardware that delivers optimum performance, Comprehensive multimedia features, expandable storage capacity, and numerous other NAS functionalities to inspire greater creativity and accomplishments! Sound Level - 46.6 dB(A)
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) If you are buying the x72XT, make sure you also own a right angle screwdriver. If you want to put M.2 cards into the x72XT, you are going to need to get that thunderbolt card out. There is maybe an inch clearance between the thunderbolt card and the bracket above it.
2) Also if you are going to put in M.2 cards, make sure you are ready to remove whatever label the manufacturer has put across the chips. Its kind of tough buying a new NAS, 2 new M.2's, and hard drives, and the first thing you need to do before you do anything is take a blade to the top of your M.2 card.
3) Also on the M.2 cards, be careful if you want to use it as a read/write cache. If you start dumping a bunch onto the NAS the M.2 heat warning will pop up, even with their heatsinks on the controller. My recommendation would be to have them as a read cache until you have fully populated the NAS with whatever you are backing up, then change it to read/write after, if you want read/write that is.
4) There is a guided setup which is more or less intuitive. Takes a bit of time to set up, and then prompts you to log in. It populates the usename with the name it gave the NAS (like NAS8384). You need to change that to admin. I didn't realize that; just kept entering the password I had given it and kept being told it was no good. Had to reset the unit and start again.
5) If you are setting up the Plex app, make sure you do it from the non-thunderbolt connection. The x72XT gives you 2 IP addresses, 1 for thunderbolt and 1 for network. The Plex setup will fail if you set it up while under the thunderbolt connection - it can't find that server. That was a reset for me too :(
6) Your may find all your appstore icons disappear. This is actually an ad-blocker problem, not a QNAP problem. Clearing the cache worked for me on Firefox, and Edge worked anyway. Still can't get them back under chrome.
7) As QNAP will remind you, if you want to use their Q-Cloud to access your NAS from elsewhere, remember that all data passes through their servers. Something to think about.
8) Tech support has email support and can even do a live diagnosis, but none of that in a truly timely fashion. I find the qnap forum to be the more likely place to get prompt answers. After all, if you are trying to set up a $1500 NAS, which has $1600 of hard drives, $400 of M.2's, and what not, waiting X number of business days is not really going to be your preference.
So 4 days in, I have it set up and mostly loaded. Would have taken 1 day had I known the above. Otherwise, it seems like a good unit, if not a little noisy when a bunch of hard drives are accessing.
Tough decision now...keep or use something else.
I have noticed that the 10Gbe connection does run MUCH faster than the thunderbolt connection which is kind of odd. I don't think I have it configured correctly as the thunderbolt 3 connection should be faster. Buyers may want to consider the 10Gbe connection option that replaces the thunderbolt 3 connections with 2 10gbe. I like the 10gbe better b/c I can use my computer up to 50ft from the server while the max distance with Thunderbolt 3 is 3 meters which isn't very far for two people to edit that close together. So I would recommend choosing the same server with the 10gbe option instead of the firewire. The 10gbe thunderbolt adapter is $150 more per connection but considering that a thunderbolt cable certified for use on this machine costs close to $80 its not all that much more per connection and you get far faster speeds. I average over 1000mbs vs around 700 on the Thunderbolt 3.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS DEVICE FOR SMALL VIDEO WORK GROUPS THAT NEED TO WORK ON THE SAME PROJECT AT THE SAME TIME. ITS THE LOWEST COST INVESTMENT THAT IS THE FASTEST OPTION OUT THERE. For only two machines its even faster than the "video" server with 4 x ssd slots added which costs over 1k more! EXCELLENT DEAL... THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR SMALL VIDEO EDITING WORK GROUPS!
May-18-19 — Adding more information after using it for few more months. I’m sometime experiencing NAS is totally freezing and not responding on web interface or from mobile device apps. To come out of this situation, NAS has to be shut down from the NAS itself. I never experienced this is my earlier QNAP NAS I upgraded.
UPDATE after 1 month: I successfully upgraded to 32GB memory using V-Color 32GB TN416G26D819K-VC. Note that if you choose a third party memory it must be NON-ECC as well as matching the other parameters. I successfully added the QNAP Dual-Band Wireless PCIe Expansion Card (QWA-AC2600). I can now directly access the NAS via Wifi, and internet access is passed through the QNAP. I bought a 2-year SSL Certificate from QNAP for $45, and now can access my NAS over the internet. Note you must install the ios/android QNAP apps. I am liking this NAS more and more as I continue working with it.
Update March 2020: I can't get the Thunderbolt 3 to work with my Windows 10 PC. I have called QNAP support a few times but still no resolution.