|RAM||16 GB SO-DIMM|
|Hard Drive||1000 GB NAS|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel UHD Graphics 630|
Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $147.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online at www.Asurion.com/Amazon or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon.com Gift Card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts are available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- MORE DETAILS: Additional information about this protection plan is available within the “Product guides and documents” section. Simply click “User Guide” for more info. Asurion will also email your plan confirmation with Terms & Conditions to the address associated with your Amazon account within 24 hours of purchase (if you do not see this email, please check your spam folder). Contact us if you cannot locate your plan confirmation and Terms & Conditions via email at AmazonFeedback@Asurion.com.
Other Sellers on Amazon
QNAP TVS-872XT-i5-16G-US 8 Bay Thunderbolt 3 NAS with 16GB RAM, 10GbE, M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD slots
Enhance your purchase
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||11 x 12.9 x 7.4 inches|
|Size||8-bay (Intel core i5)|
|Item Weight||15.56 Pounds|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Intel Core i5-8400T 6-Core 1.7 GHz Processor, burst up to 3.3 GHz architecture: 64-bit Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630
- 16 GB SODIMM DDR4 (Max 32GB)
- 2 Thunderbolt 3 ports
- 1 x 10GBase-T RJ45, supporting 10G/5G/2.5G/1G/100M
- 2 PCIe Gen 3 slots (1 Pre-installed with the Thunderbolt 3 adapter)
- 5 USB ports (1 x USB 3.0; 2 x USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 2; 2 x USB Type-A 3.1 Gen 2)
- 1 x HDMI 2.0
Customers also search
Compare with similar items
| || |
QNAP TS-932PX-4G 5+4 Bay High-Speed NAS with Two 10GbE and 2.5GbE Ports
Synology 4 bay NAS DiskStation DS920+ (Diskless), 4-bay; 4GB DDR4
QNAP TVS-h1288X-W1250-16G High-speed media NAS with Intel® Xeon® W-1250 CPU and Two 10GbE Ports
Asustor AS5304T - 4 Bay NAS, Intel Celeron Quad-Core, 2 2.5GbE Ports, 4GB RAM DDR4, Gaming Network Attached Storage, Personal Private Cloud (Diskless)
Synology 5bay Expansion Unit DX517 (Diskless)
|Hard Disk Size||1000 GB||—||4 GB||—||4.0 GB||1|
|Hardware Interface||Thunderbolt||SATA 6.0 Gb/s, USB||USB 3.0, Ethernet, SATA 6.0 Gb/s||HDMI, Ethernet||SATA 6.0 Gb/s, USB, Ethernet, SATA 3.0 Gb/s||eSATA|
|Item Dimensions||11 x 12.9 x 7.4 inches||11 x 11 x 11 inches||8.78 x 7.83 x 6.54 inches||14.59 x 12.59 x 9.24 inches||9.06 x 6.85 x 6.69 inches||9.76 x 9.17 x 6.18 inches|
|Item Weight||15.56 lbs||7.90 lbs||4.94 lbs||24.85 lbs||4.85 lbs||8.62 lbs|
What's in the box
Powered by an 8th Generation Intel Core processor, the high-performance tvs-872xt NAS features both 10GBase-T and Thunderbolt 3 high-bandwidth connectivity for tackling heavy workloads and smoothly transferring, displaying and editing 4K videos In real-time. With M.2 SSD support and the ability to install a graphics card, The tvs-872xt provides the ability to boost performance and create a scalable working environment for collaboration and high-speed file sharing. The tvs-872xt is driven by high-quality hardware that delivers optimum performance, Comprehensive multimedia features, expandable storage capacity, and numerous other NAS functionalities to inspire greater creativity and accomplishments! QTS based on Linux. Operating Temperature & Relative Humidity - 0 ~ 40˚C ( 32˚F ~ 104˚F ), 5 ~ 95% RH non-condensing, wet bulb: 27˚C (80.6˚F)
From the manufacturer
QNAP TVS-x72XT Series
Breakthrough performance and outstanding connectivity with 10GbE, Thunderbolt 3, and M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD slots
Powered by up to an 8th generation Intel Core i5 processor, the high-performance TVS-x72XT Series features both 10GBASE-T and Thunderbolt 3 high-bandwidth connectivity for tackling heavy workloads and smoothly transferring, displaying and editing 4K videos in real-time. With M.2 SSD support and the ability to install a graphics card, theTVS-x72XT Series provides the ability to boost performance and create a scalable working environment for collaboration and high-speed file sharing. The TVS-x72XT Series is driven by high-quality hardware that delivers optimum performance, comprehensive multimedia features, expandable storage capacity, and numerous other NAS functionalities to inspire greater creativity.
- Up to an Intel Core i5 6-core Processor
- Up to Intel UHD Graphics 630
- Up to 16 GB RAM
- 1 x 4K HDMI 2.0 @ 60Hz
- 2 x M.2 slots
- 1 x 10GbE RJ-45 Port
- 2 x Thunderbolt 3 Ports (Also compatible as Type-C USB 3.1 Gen2 5V/3A 10Gbps)
- 2 x Type-A USB 3.1 Gen2 5V/1A 10Gbps
Speed that Transforms Businesses
Thunderbolt 3 and 10GbE enables high-speed file sharing and efficient collaboration throughout your business. Use M.2 SSD's to further accelerate your storage to tackle heavy workflows.
Disaster Recovery Solutions
Data loss can happen to anyone. Even if a file was accidentally deleted, Snapshots fully records your system, protecting files and data from accidental deletion and malware attacks.
Music, Movies, and More
• An audiophile's dream, build the ultimate high-fidelity music server with Roon compatibility.
• PLEX integration gives the best entertainment experience while 4K hardware transcoding ensures smooth playback.
Reviewed in the United States on June 2, 2020
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Yesterday, I turned it back on after doing some computer maintenance, and got no life out of the machine. Everything is dead and I got what is now known as the red light of death. Basically, there is an issue with the earlier revisions of this product that causes the motherboard to die after an average of 2 years. Could be sooner, could be later, just a ticking time bomb with no clock. In my case, the unit died after 25.5 months, about 45 days out of warranty. Convenient...
I have since reached out to QNAP about this issue, they immediately identified the issue (due to hundreds if not thousands of RMA requests). It's my understanding that they extended the warranty of the motherboard on these units to 3 years for effected units. I will not speculate on motherboard revision numbers as I am not sure what the newest version is or what the Amazon ships with but mine is v1.3.
If not for this sudden catastrophic failure, the unit is everything it's advertised to be. I will update upon concluding my dealings with QNAP customer service, but at the moment, my unit is completely dead. It'll take years to know if this problem persists after the hardware revisions made by QNAP.
1 Backup = None
2 Backups = 1
I purchased 2 of these devices in the 4 bay version. My primary is RAID 0 and my secondary which is a backup to mirror the primary is RAID 5. Using Seagate IronWolf 10 and 12 TB drives I get about 300 to 500 MB/s read and write speed which is very good considering a single drive runs at about 150MB/s. Also I wanted to setup a PLEX media drive outside of itunes that would allow me to play non-DRM media without an external internet connection which is required my itunes to authenticate it's DRM medial.
1. Very powerful set of software apps to track performance of disks and network, monitor disk usage and setup raid
2. Relatively simple to set up a RAID system
3. Great 10Gbit Ethernet performance.
4. Voice communication through NAS speaker lets you know when major system events occur such as boot up and shut down. LED display is also very helpful.
5. Free version of PLEX comes with device but I upgraded to paid version.
1. Could not get to work with Thunderbolt 3, it may not be the device, it may be my computer or the thunderbolt card but tech support to get it working felt lackluster In the end I only ended up using the 10Bbit Ethernet connection since it was faster than my RAID anyhow and was more or less plug and play. So don't count on using Thunderbolt 3 with this device on a Windows 10 PC without a high risk of not getting it working. I spend 30 hours and could not get it to work properly with this device.
2. I purchased 2 of the 4 bay versions and 1 had a problem where it randomly power down every 5 hours for no reason. Tech support was not able to diagnose the problem and tried to blame everything for the problem except the device. For example the tech person said it was my power outlet and then my UPS but it was neither. I ended up giving up on tech support and returned it to amazon for a replacement which has worked flawlessly so far.
3. Setting up the device initially is a bit convoluted since it once you to register in the cloud and then register a separate name on your network. Not clear which you should do first. Also changing the name of the cloud name for the device was convoluted when I had to replace the old one I returned to amazon with a new one and wanted to reuse the same name.
4. I upgraded my primary NAS with a M.2 SSD ( Samson EVO plus 1TB) for use as a cache. Installing the M.2 is very difficult because there is almost no space. I cut my hand several times trying to squeeze it into the device and it took me 1 hour to finally pop it in the M.2 slot. I don't even think I could utilize the 2nd M.2 slot cause it was even harder to get at. Be warned, if you want to do any upgrades be prepared to fight to get your hands into the device.
Update:. Qnap has agreed to repair the unit under warranty and seems to be on track now. I would have given 5 stars to the unit normally. I still update this when I get and test the unit and perhaps go up to the 5 stars that the performance deserves.
Update: The product performance is very good. They have now agreed to repair it under warranty. Based on this, I can recommend it.