Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Qiyun Stealing Coin Cat Piggy Bank - White Kitty Shipping with a Qiyun Balloon
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Requires 2XAA batteries (BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED)
- Can also be used as an ornament for home, desk, table, or child's room
- Mechanical Piggy steels and saves your coins!
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
This is a automatically Coin Bank which a piggy will come out of cardboard box and grab your coins from. The best thing about these guys is the fact they will give your money back whenever you want them to. Kitty pops out of the box to steal your coins. Kitty will hide in box. When dumb hooman puts a coin on the fishy food bowl on top of the box, he will pop out, snatch coin, go back into box, meow cute-liek, count money silently. As hooman cannot resist the feedback, hooman will put coin after coin on the food bowl to watch the kitteh pop out and snatch it.
Top customer reviews
Place a coin upon the fish-shaped plate (the first red-flag that this was indeed NOT a tiny box of oranges), and a "meow" is heard from deep inside.
At this point it's too late for you. You realize it's a trap, and much like Indiana Jones removing an ancient idol from it's stone pedestal,
you are powerless to stop the actions you have unknowingly set into motion.
Within seconds a second "meow" is heard from the tiny box of oranges... then a paw emerges. A beady-eyed kitten peers out from the shadows in which it dwells.
Before you can regain your wits to act, the thieving feline has already stolen your money, it's actions based on instinct and without hesitation.
Then, as quickly as it appeared, it retreats back into it's dark lair, deep within the box of "oranges".
Needless to say, my girlfriend loves it.
1. When you press the button, it says some hard-to-make-out word before the meow, which totally removes the effect of a cat stealing the coin since you hear a person speak first.
2. When it does steal the coin, the movement of the cat is so sluggish. It is not like the videos you probably see online. This one is much slower and takes about 2x as long to steal the coin.
3. The grip it has on the coin is not that great. It can't properly steal a dime unless you purposely put it in an unnaturally closer position.
In summary, I bought this because it was $5 cheaper and I didn't mind that it would take half a month to ship. I thought it was cheaper for that very reason, not because it was a fake. Don't buy this. Buy the genuine Itazura coin bank. It's worth the $5 more it costs (plus you get it much sooner)
PS. the actual name of the product is "Mischief Bank" and uses a completely different box from the genuine Itazura coin banks.
1) It's flimsy! Whenever I turn it upside down, or even tilt it a little, the box where the kitty comes from just flies open. The button that you're supposed to put the coin on feels weightless and brittle. The box itself is very fragile and feels like it would break at the slightest impact. Also, the cap (the thingy that opens so you can take out the coins) keeps on falling off and doesn't even fit in the hole properly no matter which way I turn it. Also, the kitty is painted oddly, and some places look a little discolored. That cat's still pretty cute though, I'll give it that.
2) The packaging is a bit odd. When I say packaging, I mean the box that the kitty comes in like it would out of a store. There are these weird plastic paddings on the bottom and top of the inside of the box. I can't quite describe it, but they are completely unfitted, as if they were meant to hold something else. Also, this product is packaged in such a way that it would hit either side of the box because of how unfitted it is. Considering how brittle this thing already is, having two unfitted plastic paddings and nothing else to prevent it from rocking back and forth would certainly increase the likelihood of damage. Now this thing was probably shipped all the way from China, which is a good 14 hour flight from the west side of America. This gives the product plenty of time to get broken, ripped, and more. Also, there's an old piece of ripped tape on the front of the box, indicating that this broken bank has probably been returned before. The outside box is fine, packaged neatly with the a big Amazon duck tape and lots of supportive air bags inside. The packaging part is really a nitpick when it comes to products that aren't very fragile, but this Chinese rip-off fits into the fragile cat-egory.
3) It's BROKEN. I have literally tried everything possible for one my age to fix this thing. I looked like I was trying to build an ATM, and I could've done so in that time. My dad tried it, my brother tried it, my mom tried it. My cat tried it. I tried every spare battery I had in the house. Unfortunately, I do not have the magical powers to turn myself into a mechanic. Also, I'd prefer my product to actually arrive fully functional, and the only thing I'd have to do was stick in the batteries.
In conclusion, I am just very disappointed. I was actually kind of looking forward to it, even if it was just a rip-off version of the real thing. I love cats, I love money (jk on the money part btw), so this should have been the best thing ever. I think I probably just got a bad one, since most people reported there's working. But still, please don't take the risk, it's not worth it. In the end, I would not recommend this product to anyone looking to buy a decent Itazura coin stealing kitty bank. What I would recommend, is surfing around the net for the real thing. I hear it's like $40 for the real one, please check to make sure the reviews are mostly positive and look out for consistent concerns. Another option would be to buy a still cat bank. Because, well, its really hard for someone to mess up one of those. I looked around on this very site and found a couple of cute cat banks that may interest people looking to a buy cute bank to store coins. I was originally planning to make a video review and show you this atrocity, but I sent the thing back as soon as I could and got a refund. Anyways, I hope you have a great day, found my review a bit helpful, and let me know other versions of this cat bank that work on this site. Thanks, bye!
Looks like it will hold $5-10 on mixed US coins. Compartment could be bigger.