Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3 Year Housewares Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- No deductibles or added costs. Parts, labor and shipping included.
- Drops, spills and cracked screens covered from day one for portable products only.
- Other breakdowns covered after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
- File a claim online or by phone 24/7. If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
- Plans are only valid for new or certified refurbished products purchased in the last 30 days with no pre-existing damage. Protection plan documents will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase.
Golden QoR Watercolor, Made Artist Paints, Introductory Set of 12 Colors
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
- Vibrant color set that stays brilliant even after they dry
- More density of color than traditional watercolors
- Exclusive Aquazol binder used in conservation
- Greater resistance to cracking and flacking
- Excellent resolubility in water and glazing qualities
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
QoR watercolors (pronounced core) provide exceptionally smooth transitions, excellent glazing qualities, and greater resistance to cracking or flaking. The exclusive Aquazol binder means vibrant, intense colors with more pigment density than traditional watercolors, and they stay brilliant even after dry. The 12 Introductory set includes 5ml tubes of Nickel Azo Yellow, Hansa Yellow Med, Quin Gold Deep, Quin Magenta, Perm Alizarin Crimson, Pyrrole Red Lt, Phthalo Blue GS, French Ultramarine Blue, Viridian Green, Burnt Sienna, Paynes Gray, and Yellow Ochre.
Customers who bought this item also bought
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The paints themselves are vibrant and transparent. They layer really well on top of each other, and I think they mix beautifully.
I know with some watercolors you have to spray the palette with water before you use them to get the paints to start flowing, but with the QoR, if you just use a wet brush, they rewet in a snap and you only need a little to go a long way.
They dry well, non of the colors cracked as they dried for me. I did notice that most of the colors never "harden." They are dry, and they don't move, but I can go back and press my fingernail and leave a mark in them. I'm guessing it's the binder, and probably the reason that you can rewet them so easily!
I love how well they flow in a wet on wet test. Seriously, they spread out and granulate and it's magic to watch, especially when you do a few colors and watch them blend and move.
My only little complaint is that on some of the tube wrappers, they are starting to peel up. But that doesn't hurt the paint so it really doesn't matter.
I want ALL of the colors that Golden offers of these amazing paints. I wish there was a bigger set than the 24 because I would buy it in a nanosecond.
Now, mixing... Yeah, these are bad. At least the set I got was. Since I got a small set, I need to be able to mix them to get the other colors I'm missing in a more full spectrum. Almost as soon as I mixed colors, they started separating in the palette and each time I went back to get more of the mixed color, I had to remix again. I have never, ever seen that happen to any of the watercolors I own currently, including the Kor brand ones which are the most awful watercolors I've ever owned.
As costly as this brand is, I'm glad I just bought a small set to try out. I don't see this brand making the top of my list any time soon and I don't expect I will be purchasing these anymore of them in the future.
However like other reviews, 3 of my tubes where not completely full, I don't know if this is due to air bubbles or what but when your buying a artist grade product, you would think you'd get a full 5ml of paint, disappointed about that. I would have rated 5 stars if they had been full tubes.
Listed my tubes that where not completely full, like almost just half full.
Green Gold PY 129
Quinacridone Magenta PY 122
Dioxazine Purple PV 23
Curious if others experienced this with the same colors?
One problem I encountered is that the blue wasn’t mixed thoroughly in the tube so a lot of binder came out when squeezed out the paint. Fortunately I knew what it was, but I had to empty the entire tube so I could mix it back into the paint. I now have an empty tube and 5ml. of paint to store.
As you can see the lid can be used as a small palette. I’m planning on making this my travel kit by adding other paints I have in pans with magnets.
Top international reviews
Der Preis für die Sets schwankt stark, auch mal um 10€, daher besser den richtigen Zeitpunkt zum Kauf abwarten 😃
Achtung : Entgegen dem Titel sind es 5ml Tuben, keine 11ml Tuben
QoR se dit plus fluide, plus concentré en pigment ... Testé contre les marques Daniel Smith, Isaro, Sennelier et Winsor & Newton
J'ai testé et comparé ces couleurs et ceci sont mes conclusions ;
- Les aplats de couleur se font facilement, la peinture s'étale bien et est très fluide dans une technique mouillée.
- L'intensité de la couleur est très bonne
- Ne se comportent pas comme les autres marques en mélanges. Difficile d'obtenir un neutre à partir de Ultramarine et Sienne Brulée
- Ne co-habitent bien avec des couleurs d'autres marque, écrasant les mélanges en devenir trop dominant sauf avec les Isaros
- Prix ... même si la concentration des pigments est très dense, on achète le double chez les autres marques ...
- Sa résistance aux UV. Nombreux sont les reproches sur ce plan depuis le lancement de la gamme. Aux US Golden a annoncé la réformulation de certaines couleurs, dont le Hansa Yellow avec le pigment PY73. Arrêté fin 2015 et remplacé par autres formulations, j'ai retrouvé 2 nuances dans ce set qui sont concerné par ce problème. Alors pas content du tout, ce qui me fait mettre que 3 étoiles au lieu de 4 que je voulais les attribuer.
Je pense qu'il faut laisser murir la gamme et rester avec les marques qui ont fait leurs preuves depuis longtemps. Si ce n'est pas pour la découverte, voyez plutôt du côté de Senneleir ou Winsor & Newton. Ca coûte moins cher et sont à toute épreuve et plus versatiles.