Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Camila Cabello All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on January 18, 2013
I am writing this review in support of the medication Qsymia.

I am a physician who has used this med for about 7 years for hundreds of patients (the 2 ingredients are generic so are available as such). I followed the trials of Qnexa(former name of Qsymia) closely, to use similar doses, as did many other weight loss clinics in the US. My results were that most patients had very successful weight losses of from 20 to 100 lbs.
But there is more, and this is the reason I feel so strongly in support of this med:
The patients became healthier by several clinical parameters. The first thing I would observe would be blood pressure reduction- within a week of starting the meds, ie before much weight loss. Within a month,I saw much improved cholesterol panels, reductions in C reactive protein, and reduction in fasting glucose levels. If a diabetic, HgBA1C when tested at the 3rd month would be decreased to a much lower level, many times in normal range.
Pts often reported improved sleep immediately, which I attributed to less nocturnal blood sugar fluctuations. Some reported that their snoring was completely resolved, before they lost any significant weight. Pts reported feeling and looking younger in that their muscle shapes changed to a more youthful appearance. Very few were exercisers.
I looked for 20 years for a med like this for my patients; so many would sit in front of me in tears as they had tried everything. They were different than the "thin" people who could eat everything.
I was, too.
I lost 30 lbs and still have kept it off.
A Family Practice Doc with a Weight Loss Clinic
2424 comments| 268 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 14, 2016
This book is written with no real healthy guideline beside the advice of not to eat junk food. How a health & wellness doctor can give such a poor nutritional advice ?
on July 5, 2013
I was very disappointed in this book. I expected more information regarding the recommended diet and got very little. The price was very expensive for what the book disclosed. Not a good buy at all. I cannot believe it was so highly recommended.
on October 17, 2013
This book, if you can call it that, is just a lot of fluff that is available for free elsewhere. If you want to know about Qsymia, go to their product website. The only thing that this "book" clarified is that if you take a diuretic and Qsymia, make sure that your doctor monitors your potassium levels. Diuretics leech potassium from some people and evidently this drug can have the same effect. The diet portion, which is 90% of the "book" is as others have reported, just common sense. Save your money. This "book" is WAY overpriced for what you get!
on December 5, 2016
it was a good guide to read for weight loss. thank you
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 31, 2013
Mostly this ebook is about common sense dieting and had generalities that anyone with half a brain would know. Want to know about Qsymia? Visit the Vivus website. I've been taking it now for 17 days and have lost 13 pounds. I'm very pleased and most side effects have abated. I understand the further weight loss will be slower but this is a very helpful drug and is 1/2 the cost of Januvia the $300 per month diabetes med that I hope to have discontinued once my weight is at a normal level.
66 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 5, 2013
If you are researching Qsymia for weight loss, this guide is a must. It gave me the information I needed about Qsymia, but also practical information on food portions and what to do that would help Qsymia work better. I feel that even if I don't use Qsymia, the other information on portion control and what to eat and avoid eating will help me.
on May 6, 2013
I pressed buy this morning thinking this was a real e-book, it certainly costs like a real book let alone a e-book.
It just contains the same old (if good) diet guidelines you could get anywhere now, mixed with a few phrases from Tony Robbins CDs where appropriate.
By using Qsymia as a catch phrase the author has sold a pamphlet as a book.

This is not to say the information is not good, it's very good, it's just that it told I already knew in a tiny package.
I was hoping for something new.
For $15 I expected something more to be brought to the table.

Tony might say getting the same information you heard before is not a waste because repetition is the mother of skill, but getting a rerun and finding your 5 lb package only contains 8 oz makes me unhappy.
on May 1, 2013
I bought this eBook because I have been taking this medication for about 16 weeks. I think the medication (Qsymia) is fantastic and is the first one recommended by my endrochronologist that allows me to easily lose weight, and in fact feel full like I did prior to turning 50 and acquiring pre-diabetes. One of the reasons that I bought the eBook is that I wanted to know what longer term users of the product were experiencing. The author claimed that although this information was not in the book, he would have this information on his web site as he gained experience with the drug, and by purchasing the book, the purchaser would be provided with a pass word that would enable access to updated information. While the password is there, I found I could not access this information, so I sent an email to the author. He answered the next day. Unfortuantely, he gave me information to access information for another eBook he had written which had diet plans. Interesting, but not what I wanted to know. I wrote back and explained that to him. However, he never replied. So, I have to assume that he never updated this information on his web site, and that this is a false claim. So, be aware, if you too are looking for this information for users that have been taking the drug for a longer period of time than what is quoted in the book, you will not be able to find it (as promised) on his web site. Otherwise, the eBook does provide more information than my Dr. was able to when the drug was prescribed (last fall).
22 comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 15, 2014